AutoPartsWAY.ca

ResellerRatings

AutoPartsWAY.ca has a consumer rating of 2.45 stars from 44 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about AutoPartsWAY.ca most frequently mention customer service and credit card problems.AutoPartsWAY.ca ranks 258th among Auto Parts sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 7.1%

No positive highlights yet

• Red flags go up when an auto parts supplier isn't interested in customer service just sales.
How would you rate AutoPartsWAY.ca?

“Simply the Best!”

Kevin W.
7/9/21

I have an older Volkswagen and purchased parts from other online retailers in the past, only to have to return at least half of the parts each time because they are wrong. That is not the case with Autopartsway.ca. Their catalog is above all others. I purchased 9 parts, all of them correct and top quality as well. 7 of the 9 were original VW parts and the other 2, as far as I can tell were on par in quality. Their website is very simple to use and any variable that a specific part requires is right on top of the list of parts so you can click it and narrow the result. Very simple and convenient. I tried their live online chat and got a very helpful representative right away. I used their call me feature as well and got a call back instantly. The only thing I can complain about is that the email with the tracking number went to my Spam folder. Not sure if they can control that or not, but their website also has the tracking info and all invoices in the account section so not a big deal. I signed up for their Plus program since I know I will be making many more purchases in the future.

“Scammers”

Alexsey V.
4/27/21

My credit card got unauthorized charge from them. Don't share your billing information with AutopartsWay. Ungrateful people, in October I bought some parts from them, was quite happy, although I noticed they increase price before "discount event". But now I will not buy from them, or recommend to anyone to do so.

customer service (5)
alexseyv
April 27th, 2021

eb372
February 10th, 2021

Purchased something 6 months ago and now they charged me $19.99 for a "loyalty program" that I never signed up for. They are crooks and steal your money stay away!

borisk62
May 23rd, 2022

Contacted customer service several times and was promised refund or replacement. Waited for many months. I am a mile away from their main office in Toronto and was not able to get the wrong cabin air filter they sold for my car exchanged or refunded.
Previous orders did not have problems. Order: 1637392

Do not use

julieh1151
December 30th, 2020

Horrible service. I ordered multiple car parts; however, one of my parts were out of stock and therefore, cancelled. I received an email asking how I would like to proceed with my order. I responded back trying to inquire more about options for my order and received no response.

When I contacted a customer service rep, they told me they would no longer give me free shipping and had already shipped all my parts and charged me WITHOUT my consent. What kind of company asks you if you would like to cancel your order and then completely ignores your response, and goes ahead with it? I received no information OR receipt about my altered order, what they charged me with, or any shipping information.

If I could rate this business 0 stars, I would. I will never buy from this business AGAIN!

richardr2756
April 27th, 2022

Not happy tried the first time, my order got lost! They use UPS and UPS is the worst courier company on earth. They order was shipped in 3 shipments for a 12 item order. After 2 weeks still have no parts. Cancelled credit card payment. Not much inventory.

Auto parts

anonamousa
January 28th, 2022

I purchased a bunch of brake parts, and ended up selling the vehicle without the brake work being done. I went to return the parts (which required me to post them to 3 different warehouses at my cost) understanding that I would be charged a 20% restocking fee. When I got the credit, I calculated the percentage they kept and it added up to PRECICELY 30%. I cried fowl to them and they said I had not returned all parts (... a lie) and that was the reason they kept 30%. Bull**it. They tried to scam me, I caught them.

check the math for your returns, and remember return shipping cost is yours to pay. You may end up having to pay to ship a multiple packages.

none

chads287
November 20th, 2019

Fast and quick delivery. My only complaint would be I Just wish the return service was just as good when you try to return parts.

samx64
July 15th, 2021

Part description was incomplete FWD only vs AWD They claim vehicle specific search would have discovered the problem Even th correct parts had a n error - ABS yes & no in same description.

Keep a copy of what you are ordering as I only have their word that item supplied was ordered wrong

Searching other suppliers with correct information

maxt97
December 15th, 2020

I ordered a part specific to there parts finder they sent completely the wrong part and only refunded half the money

johnr4082
October 27th, 2021

I placed an order on autopartsway.ca on September 29th for
Brake parts. Unknown to me at the time a "7 day free trial" to the
Companies "plus membership" was AUTOMATICALLY added to
My cart at some point during the checkout process. I'm sure they
Snuck in the details pertaining to the this membership in fine print
At the bottom of the page but they did attempt make this clear or
Transparent and resulted in them automatically charging me
$22.39 after this "free trial" period expired. This was a recurring
Charge so had I not seen it on my statement who knows how long
I would have unknowingly been paying for this membership. The
Entire manner in which they facilitate this automatic membership sign up is unscrupulous and shady so I contacted the company multiple
Times, emailing their customer support and billing department as
Well as reaching out over their live chat and over the phone but got absolutely no response from them regarding getting my money back and
Removing my credit card from my account (which you can not do
Manually on their website, I wonder why?). Two weeks go
By from me trying multiple methods of eliciting a response from
Them so I filed a charge back claim through my credit card
Company. This resulted in them IMMEDIATLY emailing me telling
Me that they would not refund the $22.39 and now I owe them $40.00 to cover their costs of reversing my chargeback. This company's business practice is beyond the pale, verging on behavior of outright charlatans. I would think twice before doing business with them as what was initially a simple purchase of brake parts has devolved into this absolute nightmare.

alexandrun8
September 7th, 2021

They blocked my account, they sent us missing parts, not the right parts that i ordered. Customer service doesn't have properly information, for the customers.
Bad job

insevice

coil springs

kevinw1262
July 9th, 2021

I used their call me feature as well and got a call back instantly.

Select your vehicle correctly.

rotors, pads, shoes, sway bar links

keirb3
July 5th, 2021

Last year i had no problem ordering parts or contacting a customer service rep. Now its a nightmare. They have removed the option to call a service rep. All i can do is enter a phone number and hope they call back.

Ordering parts with their web form is a nightmare. My latest order has been "processing" for over half an hour, and I cant even contact them to get this sorted. Really disappointed in how there service has decreased dramatically. I can only assume they have been purchased by a company that is trying to increase efficiency by reducing staff and relying on BOT's, slow response on email, or hoping the customers are loyal enough to stick around.

Also there is no wish list on the web site, so I put things in the shopping cart for easy reference, then delete the parts I need before buying. However if I put things in the cart then decide to finish shopping the next day, for sure I will get an email reminding me to finish my purchase.

If I have anything in the shopping cart and log into the main page of the site, it automatically redirects me to the shopping cart so I can finish the purchase. So annoying, The experience of shopping on this site makes me feel like all they want is a completed sale, and they use as much automation as possible to make that happen.

Avoid shopping here if you can, there are many other Canadian sites to buy parts.

andrewb687
May 8th, 2020

They don't put clearly what your buying and then no pic do that it's not what you think it is. Then won't help you figure out a solution. Then a refund would be 20% less to restock even though they aren't clear on what your buying. Also told me they would contact warehouse to get my refund started. Then I was told the exact opposite, I would have to wait for covid to be over, even though they had no problem shipping to me. Basically do anything to make you spend money and wait when you want a return even though not getting car part can be dangerous. They don't care about the customer whatsoever, as some other reviews say the same

craigl50
September 12th, 2021

Searched site with manufacturers part number was 100.00 entered my car and searched again and site has item listed but some made up part number. And suddenly it's 130?
Entered " site made up number" into manufacturers web site and it doesn't register.
You have been warned this site is as crooked as it gets
Shocking the tricks they play

elenat74
September 21st, 2021
• Updated review

After a month of back and forth they did refund me, but only after trying to convince me that I signed up for a VIP program which I of course have no idea about as I never sign up for such things after a first buy, and I usually carefully check for any upsales and decline them. Credit card company sent me back to them to resolve the issue since it originated after a proper order. They tried to go in circles driving me mad but that's likely because my case was handled by several people one after the other. But eventually I got my refund. The toughest $20, but I was furious and fighting for a principle.

Trying to steal money 2 years after purchase!
February 16th, 2021
• Previous review

I've received a sms message about a charge from www.auto. Yes, I did not order anything auto recently at all, so I went immediately to check my credit card account. AUTOPARTSWAY.CA_Maintenace carge_... WTF? Searched my email as the name seemed familiar... sure, I ordered from them last and only time in April 2019, 2 years ago... and now they are trying to charge my card!. I've heard about such fraud from the sellers on AliExpress, but here in Canada, from a relatively big company... I don't even know what to say as the order actually went well and I left a good review back then. Calling my bank about stopping a fraudulent charge...

The value of the goods ordered and shipped was fine, but what happened later...is scamming! Buyer beware, check your credit card charges carefully up to YEARS AFTER!

Bearing hub assembly

chrisp1654
January 17th, 2022

Wow, I don't know where to start. I ordered a front and back brake kit from Autopartsway.ca (pads and rotors) for my Nissan Rogue. Eventually the front rotors showed up after a number of weeks but the two sets of pads and rear rotors never showed up. I was given the run-around for weeks as they said Fedex was working on it. Nobody would communicate and email was the only format they answered when they felt like it. There's no phone number to be found. After months of this run-around I demanded I be refunded for the misisng items and they said they would do it. Of course, they didn't. After two weeks I asked why I wasn't refunded and eventually they refunded for the missing parts... BUT only a partial refund! For weeks I've asked why I've only received a partial refund and there's no response whatsoever. I'm still owed about $60 and I can assume I'm never going to see that money. No phone number, nobody answers emails. No explanation. What a joke.

Avoid this site. Seriously. Also Partsengine.ca . Had similar problems last year.

davidh5226
October 11th, 2021

I put all the information in to the site that it asked for even the engine size. 351 engine. A listing for the oil pan I was looking for came up on screen. I ordered the oil pan and it arrived a week later. It was the wrong one. The oil pan they sent me was for a 302 engine and not the one for a 351 engine. I contacted Customer Service and told them the problem and they sent me a return order. I could return the oil pan. Pay the return shipping and 20% restocking fees. I contacted Customer Service again with my problem and was told to submit the Vin number for my car. They have no listing
For a 1986 Ford Crown Vic with a 351 engine. That was a week ago and no reply..

Double check to make sure it fits..their site is lacking proper information..If it said it fits it should fit..I'm learning the hard way it doesn't always fit and that they don't want to accept returns..

Oil pan

jacquesy5
March 16th, 2022

They lie when they say around 2 days shipping. Waiting days now for an order they already billed my card for and the BOT keeps says that the warehouse is processing it or how they are always "busy".

I am in Canada and a multiply larger order from the the States was here in 3 days!

I had to cancel appointment with my busy mechanic to an even longer delay thanks to these incompetent and dishonest clowns with a slow web site to boot! These guys are SCAMMERS!

I WISH I READ THE REVIEWS BEFORE ORDERING!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS, it is not worth the aggravation for the few dollars they claim to offer at a lower price.

Automotive parts

daveq76
August 31st, 2020

I ordered a part and my credit card was promptly billed for the part and the $400 core charge. The part was shipped but there was no invoice or instructions about returning the core. Long story short the part was defective and after speaking with the manufacturer of the part, they stated they would adept the part back. They even provided a reference number for AutoPartsWay confirming they would accept the part back.

Now the "fun" begins, on August 11,2020, I tried to contact AutoPartsWay about getting the $400 core charge as well as the refund for the cost of the part. After getting the run around for over a week, I was finally provided with a return code and told to ship the part back.

I tracked the item through Canada Post and confirmed they received the part however, I received nothing from AutoPartsWay. I contacted them a week later only to be told that after 7 days the "warehouse" has not "tagged the part as returned" and there was nothing they would do until the warehouse "tagged" it. The great thing is that they have no idea when the "warehouse" would get around to this.

So after paying for the part on July 28,2020 in full and having confirmed through Canada Post that AutoPartsWay has been in possession of the part for a week, On August 31,2020, I am no closer to actually getting my over $500 back than I was on August 11,2020. Who knows when I might actually get my refund.

Save yourself a lot of headaches and order through a more reputable company like RockAuto

dt377
April 24th, 2020

Red flags go up when an auto parts supplier isn't interested in customer service just sales. Customer service is the backbone of an auto parts business. These guys likely won't be around long...

grahamc88
January 31st, 2019

Web site not accurate on parts required. Wrong parts shipped must be returned at your cost. Core deposits due never refunded. Emails with no response. Credits given are not expanded or broken down in detail. They would rather loose you as a customer then refunds you the funds due.

staceyj45
May 26th, 2018

Parts delivered fast with reasonable price. Website are user friendly... I'll do business with you again guys :)

jacquesc52
May 22nd, 2022

They don't care about consumers don't respond to emails I made an order over $100 and they canceled my chocks, and I paid for shipping for the rest of my order which almost doubled the cost price it's not my fault they canceled my chocks i didn't paid for their mistake

Ils se foute des consommateurs ne réponde pas aux courriels moi j'ai fais une commande de plus de 100$ et ils ont annulé mes chock, et j'ai payé payé le transport pour le reste de ma commande ce qui a fais presque doublé le prix ce n'est pas de ma faute si ils ont annulé mes chock je n'ai pas a payé pour leur erreur

marekb12
June 18th, 2019

Order parts in the 13th of June and delivery states 3-4 days I phoned up today the 18th of June to find out my delivery is expected on the 24th of June. They have both my phone number and email but yet failed to tell me about the delay.

Email turnaround is within 1-2 business days, but yeah, they will first try to prove you wrong if there is an issue.

By Elena T.