We’re in this together! Stay safe with our COVID-19 guide

View
×
Developed in part with a grant from
the National Science Foundation

Avaaz

Avaaz has a consumer rating of 2.6 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Avaaz ranks 31st among Non Profit sites.

How would you rate Avaaz?

“Global People Power!”

K D.
3/24/11

Global People Power! Add your name do some good. Change something for the better! You know when you read something in the news and think 'I wish someone would DO something about that' or 'That's outrageous I really ought to write to my representative / MP / senator or whatever' but somehow, you usually never get around to actually doing it? Well, the Avaaz Organisation utilises the power of the internet to highlight just those issues and bring the views of millions of Avaaz members to governments, authorities, organisations and businesses around the world. The multi-lingual website www.Avaaz.org shows current campaigns and highlights where they claim to have made a difference. When an issue comes to the fore they will email you and ask for your signature on a combined petition which will then be sent to where it will have most effect. It's a neat idea and Avaaz now has more than 7.3 million participants. I have signed up for several petitions on causes that I feel riled about but do not go along with each and every cause Avaaz supports. It does sometimes feel like 'Rent-a Crowd' but I think the positive effects out-weigh the negatives. 7.3 million is a lot of people to have on your case few institutions can ignore numbers like that. Good idea, Avaaz well done!

“Not what I expected”

Amanda B.
10/2/18

I signed onto Avaaz once for a petition. To my shock, I opened my inbox this morning to find an email from them perpetuating the new left-wing, Communist lies about how the right is trying to take over the world. Their references were based entirely on left-leaning websites, some of these sources are known for the fact that they lie on a continual basis! They were begging me for money to stop the right from, well, being the Right. I am so angry. The Communists and Fascists are marching on...

keythr
March 24th, 2011

It's a neat idea and Avaaz now has more than 7.3 million participants.

ianm18
December 7th, 2011
Helps stop internet censorship which is extremely important making this site awesome.
amandab416
October 2nd, 2018
laviniar
June 26th, 2015
Impossible to get staff to respond
mailanir
December 28th, 2013
I considered signing a petition on Avaaz.org, but didn't when they obliged me to login w/ my FB acct (thus taking my personal info + my friends' list amongst other data mining intrusions), so i didn't sign & backed out of the page. HOWEVER! They captured my 'signature' anyway, so they now have (illegally) obtained this info. DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING ON AVAAZ unless you'd like to have your info taken by them!

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Avaaz staff and other customers.

Avaaz is the campaigning community bringing people-powered politics to decision making worldwide.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avaaz?

Have a question about Avaaz?