AVOV Technology

AVOV Technology

AVOV Technology has a consumer rating of 2.69 stars from 45 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. AVOV Technology ranks 14th among Streaming Movies sites.

• I am here to share a few words on my new found love, AVOV VIXO1 IPTV streaming box.

• The picture quality is only 720 at best, pretty bad on a 60" tv -
How would you rate AVOV Technology?

“The Magic Box”

Alfred H.
6/17/17

It will be very appreciated only if TVONLINE would introduce "Plug and Play" Boxes. I got my box about a month ago, and my TVONLINE provider is not reliable and nowhere to be found as my box has been locked by the server. I noticed yesterday "MSNBC" was without sound. TVONLINE should eliminate the middle man (TVONLINE provider) as I don't mind paying few dollars more for the "Plug and Play" box. The box is a little wonder, I got more channels I can handle. And I hope I'll continue using it as the cable providers as the biggest scammers ever. I can't complain.

“Avov sucks”

Stacy S.
7/31/21

Do not buy this product it does not work unless you want radio stations. Have had it for years stopped using it, recently reconnected it and it is still garbage. DO NOT BUY THIS!

box (29) picture quality (5)
stacys448
July 31st, 2021

mikeb344
February 7th, 2017

Stay away from these boxes. They don't support them. I have a box that no longer plays anything. It's now an expensive paper weight. Sure, they come out with new boxes, but forget about the first generation models. Imagine owning a IPhone 5s, and when they released the IPhone 7, the 5s was no longer functional. Brutal box. Save your money and do research. There are many more out there worth the money.

marsleyd
August 12th, 2017

I emailed 4 times and called. They said they would replace my box because the power did not come in since i purchase it only in march. I was then told to ship it which cost me 17$. I ship it and then they tell me i have no warranty and they send box back. I told them keep it no use to me and i hang up. But no good customer service means i not come back it is sad the don care aboot the customer

alfredh33
June 17th, 2017

monicar59
August 8th, 2017

I bought a Avov fuse. They don't keep up on the apps. Only 8 gb hardrive. Cant load hardly any apps once kodi is loaded. No file explorer.
Teamviewer app doesn't let you dial in to set up box. Live tv constantly freezing. Buy a cheap android tv box is better.

mickeys17
September 4th, 2017

Its really great box. But not for watching tv or anything. I use it to stretch some bakery dough due to its shape. Just a couple of months after I got totally fooled by the salesman BS and purchased that, I took it off!

coling20
January 5th, 2017

? does anybody... i read a lot on here but done see any feedback to the questions is this run by AVOV technology staff

jerryp46
August 30th, 2016

I really like the new programing on the latest AVOV server. The channels correspond to the channels listed on a U.S. Satellite provider, with one exception. Channel 120, the History Channel, is showing Canadian programming, but the programme menu lists what is on the U.S. History Channel. The U.S. history channel is 120.
Would the programmers, please, switch to the U.S. Channel on the new server, so the programing matches the programme menu.

Thanks

peterh97
July 30th, 2015

We bought 2 Avov tv boxes. 1 for home and 1 for our cell phone repair business retail store. When we first saw this box, we loved it and it's user interface. We play with cellphones all day so we know how this box works. People who come in our store ask us about this box and are surprised to see its functionality.
For every business who has more than one tv and don't want to spend too much this is perfect.

bibik
October 21st, 2016

Hi there. My tv nor the avov are not on mute but the sound remains on the min for the avov

toyb5
December 2nd, 2018

What a disappointment! I have the n2 and it was a waste of money! On top of that there is zero support. No updates, box freezes. I found a great idea buy smart tv with android support. And use kodi or Iptv directly on your tv. Best experience using kodi or iptv!

vincentg25
February 26th, 2016

My remote is broke again. The second one to go. Now I have to buy a third. The batteries crack the casing and eventually the remote won't work. A flaw you should take care of. I'm tired of paying 20 bucks a shot but whats worse is not being able to use the unit until I get to the 50km away store to replace it.

brianp56
March 27th, 2015

The people behind Avov have got their hands on the future of how we will watch television. Their boxes are small, quiet, powerful and so easy to operate.

I have nothing but positive things to say about them. Service is there to respond to issues and they are always updating to fix known issues.

If one app is down, it wont matter because with mickyhop there are so many alternatives and other apps to keep you entertained. Great potential with this.

These little tv boxes are amazing and for the price it cannot be beat! I am happy to have stumbled onto them.

joannag17
March 3rd, 2016

Bought 3 avov online+ in 2 months one is only flashing the logo nothing else keeps rebooting contacted seller ground control tv they never answered me back guess since it is out of the 14 days and never did avov answer me back so discouraged with the money i spent for the item and service i am getting and to think 2 weeks ago i was ready to buy a 4th for my mother thank god i did not with this service i be really in a mess so costly and no service or care from them

ailiak
June 25th, 2017

HELP! Cant watch anything on this box. I boight two AVOV TVonline boxes back in May 2017 anf ive nothing but problems. Channels, movies, Live TV, VOD constanly freeze. Freezes every 2 mins for long periods of time. Cant watch anything. Ive swtiched over to two different server thinking it maybe the server that its running on. But again same issue. I have high-speed internet with 60mbps and i dont think the internet is the issue. This sort of issue never occured until I hooked up the AVOV 5. If anyone know how to fi x the issue please let me know.

dj447
March 12th, 2017

AVOV TVOnline ver2 is great when it's working. Unfortunately since day one the stupid remote rarely works. What good is this piece of junk remote? AVOV is just a huge ripoff. Stay away. Far far away from them. Support? What support... All they want is your hard earned cash!

virenderk1
November 25th, 2015

I bought two Avov TV Online Version 2 from kijiji last week and one died next day. Only Avov logo come up when I turned it on and nothing after that, reset the box but no luck. The person I bought it from is not picking up the phone anymore. Another one is working but the picture quality is very dull as compare to MAG 254.
I prefer MAG over AVOV with my experience.

Jake K. – AVOV Technology Rep

It's still under warranty. You can open a ticket at http://help.avov.tv and we can have that device replaced for you.

fucky39
March 7th, 2016

If u r thinking of buying avov android don't it is a piece of junk money grab

riyadk4
April 7th, 2017

Since getting this box, my father in-law has had nothing but issues with the box. I connected the box through Wi-fi and clocks for a good few minutes before it plays. I have connected the box with an ethernet cord and it still clocks.

I have taken my box and used it and had no issues and was streaming just fine.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

saeedn1
October 16th, 2016

I got an AVOV 4 & it freezes most of time. I contact AVOV, but nobody cared about the issue. Instead of sending a new box they tried to give me a remote!
So disappointed

johnp286
October 18th, 2015

I bought this about three months ago and withing 2 days was complaining to the distributor, who pretty much refused to do anything. The box is awful.

- The picture quality is only 720 at best, pretty bad on a 60" tv
- It freezes - from day one and continues to date (I have a high speed 50 cable connection so it's not my end)
- The volume varies so much channel to chanel that if you forget to turn it down when changing it blows out your eardrums.
- Every time I turn it on, I have to re-connect to the server.
- 5 times out of 10, the channel I pick to watch doesn't load, I just end up eith a "Technical Difficulties" message.
- I only try using it for about 15 min for the morning news now - and still just get frustrated with the same results.
- I'm so frustrated trying to use this thing I don't even bother anymore.

I had such high hopes, but am overall super diappointed. When anyone asks, I tell them to stay far away from this.

murrayf14
Murray F.
April 3rd, 2016

I received the Avov's fuse for Christmas 2015, and immediately noticed that the box has subtitles locked on English. Whenever I watch a movie regardless of which one there are English subtitles. On top of that the subtitles don't line up with the movie. I emailed Avov immediately as the box was purchased directly from them about sending it in for a replacement or exchange for another box (the fuse also freezes/closes out of apps on its own). It's now April and I have yet to get anything from this company. They are telling me that it's an app issue and not covered under warranty but I have the Avov VIX01 and have no problems turning off/changing subtitles on the exact same apps. I think my next step is reporting them to the better business bureau because they don't seem interested in resolving this issue. I will email them and won't hear back for 2 weeks then they said they would do an exchange but then they won't. My family has purchased 4 Avov boxes (vix01, 2 tv online & now fuse) and this company couldn't care less about customers. Murray

kf29
November 17th, 2015

Tv online box pretty much does what its suppose to do.my only problem is i only use it for kodi.and im constantly. Having a problem with ram memory(i think there should be a bit more). Its always close to the limit.the memory cleaner is really useless all it does is wipe out all that you saved and now you have to start fresh.if anyone knows a way around this lmk.my daughter has an m8s which was much cheaper and never runs into this problem.

robh49
January 3rd, 2016

When it does work it's good. But I have problems with above box it reboots by itself. I will reset the box load all English repos then try to configure kodi or tvaddons and I will get booted out and box reboots. Turn back on and screen size is smaller. Can we say frustrating! Only thing that works when it doesn't freeze is the online tv. This box got me wishing I did a lot of research before I spent my hard earned 140$ plus the 6 months free for the online tv. Tech who I purchased box from tried to help came to my house and said "something in your house is interfering with the signal causing the box to reboot. I have to reset the box every month sometimes twice a month just so it can run smooth for the online tv. This box gets 0 stars from me and gets a big thumbs up for being a pain in the $#*!.

Jake K. – AVOV Technology Rep

Hello,
We are sorry to hear you feel this way. We would love to help you resolve your issue. You can kindly open a ticket at http://help.avov.tv and one of our gurus can try to come to a resolution with your device and try to see whats wrong. Please let them know you were referring from Jake so they can follow up with me also.

Jake.

kemoyl
September 13th, 2016

Goodmorning I want to know after I order this item where do I pay my payments

I'm having the same issue. Constantly freezing. My internet is high speed with 60mbps. Never had any issues with the internet until I hooked up the Avov 5 box. I even swtiched two different servers thinking it could be the server I was on orginally. Any response to fix the issue would be valued. Im completely frustrated as I cant watch anything.

By Ailia k.
See more answers (2)

We only use one LED light source for the devices. This means, its only powered on to show the device is on. No Red/Green. We are coming with those features on our new devices! Check our site, www.avov.tv

By Jake K.,
See more answers (2)

USA

By David A.

They went out of business on July 7. You can also, check their Facebook page. You can find info on it.

By Carmen R.

So a week later and no support SMH

By jay t.

There is no way to adjust the buffering on any of the AVOV line of boxes which has extremely limited settings and applications. Seems everyone wants to control their Android products and they do that by not allowing anyone to configure their boxes. You may have bought it but owning it is totally dependent on your point of view. Mickeyhop has no manual installers, very limited applications, some out of date, some don't appear to be of any real use and the rest are related to games of which I don't need this box for games or game playing.

By Paul i.

You have to go into settings on your tv and change the links that allow the tv to shut off connected devices. The freezing issues have been attributed to the servers which are constantly being worked on and improving. Keep in mind, older modems and routers were not designed for streaming or handling bandwidth although your internet provider may also have bandwidth restrictions depending on bandwidth caps or service you have. The latest modems have Docsis 3.0 technology and are backwards compatible but you must find out from your provider which models they use or which brand, models they use. As for routers, some providers don't want you using your own router as they like to control things with remote management software. However, older routers were not made with providing several devices with streaming that take up a lot of bandwidth. Buffering issues start up, freezing begins and even lock ups occur so upgrade your modems, routers and read up on how to configure your buffer settings on your devices. Note some android devices, like AVOV do not have any way to configure buffer settings.

By Paul i.

No sorry, the platform works on our STB.

By Jake K.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the AVOV Technology staff and other customers.

We manufacture android based IPTV/OTT set-top box pre-loaded with MickyHop platform

Jake K.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AVOV Technology?

Have a question about AVOV Technology?