Better Business Bureau

Better Business Bureau has a consumer rating of 2.3 stars from 131 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Better Business Bureau most frequently mention better business problems.Better Business Bureau ranks 93rd among Consumer Protection sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 26.3%

No positive highlights yet

• What this really means is if they haven't had Three complaint in one month.
  • Com companies that have a terrible reputation for horrible and unethical business practices.
How would you rate Better Business Bureau?

“Nexus Letter”

Ronald E.
3/5/20

Oftentimes, I know it's very difficult to try and convince the VA that your civilian doctor's opinion should mean something; especially when you're trying to increased VA disability compensation. Thanks to American Medical Experts, the civilian doctor's opinion was transformed into a language the VA can understand. Win, lose, or draw; I highly recommend their services for a job well done. Again, I was totally impressed with their services and without a doubt you got m vote! Sincerely, Ron E.

“BBB is bunk af”

John D.
3/1/22

I left a review about a business few days ago on BBB. Then BBB sent me an email. Saying I need to provide my personal info so they can share it with the business, but they won't post me review, they're saying I was never a customer. Which is wrong. I deal with that particular business daily, and I already provided my name and email address to BBB. Im not giving out any other personal info. This is a load of BS

complaint (40) business practices (5) company (31) work (19) business owner (4) business bureau (21) rating system (3)
johnd6207
March 1st, 2022

BBB has no power or authority over any business. Not even sure why they exist!

janem891
March 27th, 2021

Horrible people working at Better Business Bureau. Genuinely worst interactions of my life. I can't believe they're still functioning with the way they treat people. Despicable.

vict34
March 3rd, 2022

I'm so sick and tired of review sites like the BBB picking and choosing their published reviews, somehow leaving out certain reviews for select companies. How does this continue to happen.

I'm not sure if the BBB does this but I'm ready to find out. I had a tooth murdered by Aspen Dental, so no I don't think they deserve a perfect score anywhere.

Does anyone else have interest in helping start up a class action lawsuit against review sites that accept payment in return for the removal of real reviews. No not those sickening sweet FAKE reviews very unethical dental companies plant online to counteract the thousands of new reviews posted each year. Find us on Facebook under the real ADMI or Aspen Dental Mass Invasion. We are also seeking an attorney to help our cause.

nettiet3
August 13th, 2021

I had to file a complaint against Anker Technologies for their shoddy business practices during the Covid mess. These are the infamous wireless earbud people. This was June 2021, so fairly recent. BBB sends me system email updates that my "complaint is under review and someone will follow up" Then two other emails stating my complaint is marked 'invalid' because it was a duplicate. WTH. I click the links to see their automated response, including a cheap "apology" from Anker. But no option to proceed. So basically Anker STILL has my money, and I won't hold my breath that I'll ever get it refunded!

Caveat!

alexc1173
December 2nd, 2021

I think is worthless the company that took my money on a scam just simply closed the case did not resolve anything so what's really the point of bbb reviews that's it

Don’t expect much

erins165
December 21st, 2018

It is a very extensive course that prepares you well for working as a medical transcriptionist. It would be nice if there was something like live contact or activities in the course to break up the monotony of typing report after report (and I mean there are A LOT of reports) but I guess practice makes perfect.

brittanyh448
March 17th, 2022

BBB deleted all negative reviews of all customers for the SCAM company gooddog.com and I believe that not for free. Now, this gooddog.com violated all California Privacy Policies and continues to violate our rights, doing false advertising, and collecting private information - this gooddog.com has only positive reviews. This is not right and violates certain laws and regulations. I believe that one scam and corrupted company like BBB covers another scam company gooddog.com.

BBB deleted all negative reviews of all customers for the SCAM company gooddog.com and I believe that not for free. Now this gooddog.com that violated all California Privacy Policies and continues to violate our rights, doing false advertising, and collecting private information - this gooddog.com has only positive reviews. This is not right and violates certain laws and regulations. I believe that one scam and corrupted company like BBB covers another scam company gooddog.com.

thade11
March 31st, 2021

Do not use Independant solar or Jay Johnson for any solar needs! His work is unsafe we found out the hard way. We had to hire a second solar company to rewire and repair all of jays work! We never were paid back for our battery that we never recieved or rebate money or work that was never done. Jay Is a liar a thief and a con man.

Stay away from independan solar and Jason Johnson he is a con man

ronalde238
March 5th, 2020

Sincerely,

Ron E.

eleanors118
March 17th, 2020

This was a complete hoax and a nightmare. I provided a 15 inch binder filled with pictures of the contractors shoddy work, the contract which he violated using materials which were not stated, statements by honest people who had to rip out everything the contractor did and they went to binding arbitration which is a joke. The arbitrator was a disbarred attorney who lost her license to practice law because she was found guilty of bribery, misdirection of funds, stealing from her clients, collusion with the opposing counsel, and the list went on. I did not find this out until after the fact, but she was not to be doing work in this capacity especially in front of my attorney. She kept telling him to shut up. She refused to allow him to question my six credible witnesses who had to repair the damage after the contractor quit accusing me of "creating a hostile work environment" and that "I was a threat to his workers". As if I could be a threat to three 6 foot men, whom I rarely saw, and who didn't speak English. The companies pay the BBB to be members, pay to keep the A+ rating (I found 33 complaints buried on another site), and pay to put BBB with the A+ rating on the company website. Non of the people I have worked with in the past are on the BBB and going forward, if they are I will run the other way. I can add photos of the mess they ignored later.

sharonz6
December 7th, 2016

There are some pretty awful companies who have O. K. ratings as BBB does them rather than considering consumer input or complaints. Unlike other consumer organizations, they are difficult to communicate with and it isn't clear whether they have or how they have communicated with the business when you have filed a complaint.

lynns985
May 3rd, 2022

I would give it a lower rating if i could. Do not sign up with them. They do not care about you or your business. They only care about the money coming in. I tried to cancel my membership 3 times because these last couple of years have been tough financially, but they talked me in to keeping it. This last time i called even though i said i may be losing my business, they said they needed to get a payment and then they would close it. They weren't sympathetic or caring at all. They just needed more money. I didn't get anything out of them accrediting
me with them. Please save your money. You don't need this scam

Don't sign up with these people and waste your money

matthewm73
July 19th, 2015

Depending on the company, this place can be a treasure-trove of info, or can be pretty worthless. Based on what I read in the little crevices of the site, Should a company move, altar its name a little bit, or even open up a new location, they completely start over and the BBB doesn't link the two profiles. Certain shady places use this to their advantage, just reset their trash ratings and after like a year if nobody updates the page of the old place, it just all gets deleted/archived and nobody is the wiser of how horrible the company really is. People need to watch closer on the business info!

karenm1888
May 24th, 2020

The bbb is supported by business, supporters can and will have any reviews that have a strong facts and pic's be hide alter or removed. Upon requesting a copy of the coreasponds of both parties you will only recive you're the complaint side, not business. Any and all my reviews have been removed from all web sites, know people in hy places has it's rewards.

ronh366
December 17th, 2021

UNPROFESSIONAL! NOT KNOWLEDGEABLE! NO ETIQUETTE! PRETEND PLUMBERS! LAZY! READ OTHER REVIEWS ON YELP AND GOOGLE!

LOOK AT RATINGS. CHOOSE OTHER PLUMBING COMPANIES

NA

josee122
March 10th, 2020

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on eBay and of course they contacted eBay as they would do. Of course you already know that this company is powerless to resolve complaints. EBay acted like they were trying to come up with a solution and credited me what I asked for but the credit remained on their site and I could not do anything with it so eBay erased that credit. I responded on BBB.org stating I was dissatisfied with the results and they closed my complaint as resolved. Keep in mind that BBB.org is a company that is paid to rate these corporations so I recommend not using them for any type of complaint of advice.

akn6
December 22nd, 2020

BBB is a total SCAM. They are a complete waste. They take money from business to pay the highest salary in the industry. They are just another SCAM

mahendras16
December 25th, 2020

Recently I filed a complaint against Cheapoair.com with NYC BBB. After the company responded and I refused, and the company responded again and I refused again, BBB closed the complaint with the following observation:
"The business addressed the issues within the complaint, but the consumer either (a) did not accept the response, OR (b) did not notify BBB as to their satisfaction."

So, the BBB acted as judge, jury, and executioner to decide that (A) the company had responded to my issues, and (B) the consumer was at fault for not accepting the company response.

If they wanted to be fair, unbiased, and neutral, this is what they should have said:
"The consumer and business exchanged their positions and issues but couldn't reach an agreement. The consumer is dissatisfied with the business response".

A completely useless and biased organization that is a protector of companies, not of consumers.

Don't use this company. Go directly to small claims court.

None

edh351
August 21st, 2020

They don't care about consumers, they get their money from the people who rip you off, like Frontier Communications a company that will soon be out of business because it is so poorly run at the top, (Corporate Level).

Despite what their sales people might tell you, (Bait & Switch) Frontier Communications does not do TV any more. Their cable TV is from AT&T. So to get you to switch, Frontier Communications slowly takes the TV channels that you have been watching for four years and turns them into "subscription only" channels. To top it off they have removed approximately 25 channels from me and told the stupid people at BBB that they were preview channels. When I objected to what Frontier Communications replied, the BBB did not allow me to respond, even though I tried numerous times, even going directly to the person at the BBB who was supposed to be handling my complaint. The BBB closed my complaint, because I did not respond. I have three emails where I have responded. The BBB just doesn't want to upset Frontier Communications because they might lose the money that they receive from Frontier Communications.

Don't waste you time complaining to the BBB, just note that they are a lot worse than some of the companies who have been taking advantage and ripping off us consumers.

scottd849
December 29th, 2020

Ever go to BBB to file a complaint only to find they wont take it? You try to upload a file and you get this: 413 Request Entity Too Large
Nginx/1. 18. 0 (Ubuntu)?
Yah, I did. Supposed to allow pdf up to 5 mbps. My police report was 1.4mb pdf format and this was what I got.

Good luck uploading anything!

louissem
November 4th, 2015

I was dealing with one total scam place about a year ago. I went onto the BBB to look at them and found that they were a total ripoff, saved myself the time money and heartache. But, I looked up an autobody place and got a great recommendation for a place that turned out to be a total dump. I was informed that the BBB profile was over a year out of date, and most of the people working there didn't even know they had a BBB site. The BBB is good place to start, but don't rely on it 100%

raya183
October 28th, 2021

The BBB no longer works for the consumer. When I filed a BBB complaint against the US Bank as the US Bank is not allowing me to access my account and cash, they closed it within hours and the BBB will not assist.
THE BBB SUCKS.

coryc62
December 16th, 2019

Why has my stray dog not been listed yet after 3 months. You also assured you would help with food, vets and a kennel. Still... NOTHING. NOT EVEN A REPLY. YOUR SITE IS A WASTE OF TIME AND GIVES FALSE HOPE. YOU SHOULD BE DISMISSED AND ASHAMED.

sams1538
May 4th, 2022

BBB is absolutely SCAM. BBB deleted all negative reviews of all customers for the SCAM company gooddog.com and I believe that not for free. Now, this gooddog.com that violated all California Privacy Policies and continues to violate our rights, doing false advertising, collecting private information - this gooddog.com has only positive reviews. This is not right and violates certain laws and regulations. I believe that one scam and corrupted company like BBB covers another scam company gooddog.com. Complain go to the government for investigation BBB AND gooddog.com

jimd768
December 13th, 2021

The BBB used to be a good resource. Not so much anymore. They blow off complaints about Amazon and Walmart, because those companies pay them to look the other way on complaints, apparently. Shame on you BBB!

I have never had a problem with the BBB taking and resolving a complaint. Even if the business is not a member of the BBB I always get a great resolution. The problem is people do not use them or do not want to take the time to file a complaint. The rating system is based on the size of the business. If I have 1mil customers and I get 1k complaints it is going to be a different rating as if I has 100k customers and I get 1k complaints. It is percentage based. I would say that if you are a legitimate business with legitimate business practices, you have nothing to worry about. If you are complaining here that your rating sucks or the BBB is a scam then you are going to be looked at as a crooked company or individual. I am just one voice but I know there are several people out there like myself that will not do business with a company that has a low rating. I for one use several resources like BBB, ROR, SiteJabber, and others. I am thankful for the job that the BBB does.

By Robert S.