CarHistory

ResellerRatings
Reviews.io

CarHistory has a consumer rating of 4.23 stars from 390 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with CarHistory most frequently mention customer service.CarHistory ranks 2nd among Car Buying sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 4 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 44.4%

• Get your vehicle history report and get the peace of mind along with your purchase.
  • It is very easy to use and fast reporting great customer service I would say to anyone use this site.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate CarHistory?

“Satisfaction”

stephanie w.
4/21/22

CarHistory changed my life. It lets you know what all the car has been thru before even purchasing it, saves a lot of extra work and money in the long run

“SCAM Alert 6-12-22”

Brian F.
6/12/22

They advertise $1.00 for your initial report then $24.00 / mo. BS - They instantly charge your card $23.95! I know this because my CC sends me notifications of every charge, instantly. So I called and complained and the guy was an Jack*** telling me that it states right next to the credit card info section that they charge you the $23.95. Again BS. I read it back to him just as it appears in the screen shot below and he said it's only a 5 cent difference. No kidding but it said the 1st report was $1. He proceeds to tell me that the $1 is a deposit. Does anyone else see "DEPOSIT" on this page? No! In the end, this is FALSE ADVERTISING AND THUS A SCAM. By the time most people see their $23.95 charge - it's too late for a refund. STAY AWAY!

vehicle history report (4) customer service (8) great service (3) vehicle report (4) good site (5)
stephaniew1478
April 21st, 2022

barryt151
April 22nd, 2022

Very reasonable price, $1.00, to get basic information about a used car. I didn't notice if I inadvertently signed up for $18.95/month Volume Discount Package, which I do not want.

Hi Barry,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and letting us know of your concern. Please contact me directly at manager@carhistory.us.org or reach out to one of
Our friendly agents 24/7 at 1-855-482-6465 so we can attempt to make this right.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

robertw3972
April 28th, 2022

It seems to be a very accurate report and should help when I trade my car, I cannot find any discrepancies. Your charge is very reasonable. Thank you.

peterb1253
October 12th, 2020

Read before you click. The Report is what I wanted but I thought it was going to be $1. Always read the fine print people.

mandyl208
March 27th, 2022

This site has helped us decide to pursue this truck we've looked at. We were skeptical, but less so now.

Look up vehicles on here before purchasing.

Vin car report

Hi Mandy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star rating, it's much appreciated! We are glad that it helped in your decision-making.

Karmen Jones

dennisb699
October 28th, 2020

You think you agree for a $1 single report, but there is hidden an $18.99 X 12 Bull$#*! plan that if you do not UNCHECK it, you get screwed! They'll agree to stop the payments. Good luck getting your $17.95 back.

kristopherd25
December 4th, 2020

Very helpful in chat now waiting on last tid bits and couldn't be happier. I hope to get all the info as so far ive got a lot of it right away for really cheap!

richards2729
December 16th, 2020

I was very pleased with the information given it help me out a lot in knowing more important information about my vehicles History. Any other additional information that was necessary to my benefit!

michellem2146
December 22nd, 2020

I was happy to receive my results for a vehicle I was thinking of purchasing. It was very quick & easy! The results were more detailed than what I got from the dealership! Very happy & will defiantly use this site again during my vehicle search!

jw796
December 6th, 2020

I was looking to check some basic info of a car before purchasing from a private seller. I was shocked that this only cost me $1 from CarhistoryCalifornia. I got the basic things I needed in just a few minutes. Best one buck ever spent.

botj
December 16th, 2020

The vehicle information provided was accurate, but it did not include the information that I was seeking (the buyer info). Also, it was advertised as only costing $1.00 for the report I got, however when I looked at my bank statement the following day, they had in fact, charged me $18.75.

robb336
December 10th, 2020

Need a vehicles VIN quick... and I got it plus a lot more with CarHistory! Very thorough report with some helpful information.

scottg937
December 22nd, 2020

Although it states you will only be charged $1 for the report then hits you with a $18 bill the report was pretty detailed. I was pretty satisfied

royalm42
June 14th, 2022

Thank you very much. Very helpful when buying a car. Your reports are very accurate and up to date. Thank you again

Hi Royal,

Thank you very much for leaving us a wonderful review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our service! We are happy that we were able to provide all the information you needed. It is our pleasure to serve you.

Hope to serve you again soon!

joeg704
December 22nd, 2020

Great service real quick and easy everything was right forward and got me what I needed will use again if needed

alberts274
December 2nd, 2020

I'm not seeing some of the information I was looking for... maybe I need to study it some more... like the different owners... service records... etc

davidg94
April 27th, 2021

Says $1 for first report but charges full monthly fee upon initial request for first report. I called number on my card to find out why it was declined. Carhistory attempted to bill $18.95 to my $10 prepaid card is why it was declined. I did see they posted a monthly renewal but I only want 1 report and was willing to cancel but not when I must request a refund. Does the first report really cost $18.95 with a full month subscription? I'd rather pay Carfax $40 than deal with misleading advertisers. Beware.

pauls2635
December 21st, 2020

Service is pretty accurate all the information is based on the car what it looks like information on the vehicle recalls on the vehicle. Everything came out really nice, very detailed would recommend it to a lot of people

mosesm194
September 16th, 2020

My review was excellent everything I asked for and moreI did not have to wait long I got information about auction water damage the motor the tires everything and sound thank youw

bobbieh71
December 22nd, 2020

Full report with ownership information not provided prior to review screen. I do not have 100 characters for a review.

toddj102
December 6th, 2020

Very easy to work with, and quick to respond to any questions big or small. They make you feel like you made a good choice.

brianf1536
June 12th, 2022

Hello Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to share how your experience with our company went and for voicing all your concerns. I am sorry for the mishap you encountered during the process and I also apologize for the inconvenience and frustration it may have caused.

Please allow us to make this right by reaching out to one of our customer service agents 24/7 at 1-855-482-6465 or contact me directly at manager@carhistory.us.org for a full refund as well. Hope to hear from you soon.

denisep481
December 20th, 2020

It was quick and easy. I got all the information that I needed within minutes. I really appreciate this service considering that there are others that provide the same information at a high cost.

stacif19
November 23rd, 2020

The site was very easy to navigate around. And had lots of extras that were not been mentioned initially. I needed it fast and I did not have to wait long

lj105
August 14th, 2016

I kind of flew threw the process, and if it weren't for fat fingering the card info, i would be signed up for over $240 worth of report for a year.? They are not clearly stating what you will get before submitting payment. The live chat, however averted finalizing everything. Thank you for that. I just have to watch now to make sure it actually happens. Still no report, so no review on this part.

Hello,

I appreciate you taking the time to point out the areas you had concerning your purchase. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and have them review and approve all our billing disclosures.

My goal is to ensure every customer has a good experience, please contact me personally to receive a full refund: manager@carhistory.us.org

Manager
Carhistory.us.org

It's $18.95, they scam people saying it's only $1 and just keep charging you

By lindsey a.
See more answers (3)

Hello Mark. Can you please provide me with your email address that you created your account with and I will immediately refund the amount

By Karmen J.,