CarHistory

Better Business Bureau
1 / 5
Reviews.io

CarHistory has a consumer rating of 4.24 stars from 383 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with CarHistory most frequently mention customer service. CarHistory ranks 2nd among Car Buying sites.

• Get your vehicle history report and get the peace of mind along with your purchase.
  • It is very easy to use and fast reporting great customer service I would say to anyone use this site.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate CarHistory?

“Great”

Jesus R.
11/8/20

Great I like to know this vehicle 1HGCV1F37KA091093 information tile because the owner is doing Racketeering Expropriation here on Chicago IL U.S.A. with other people they want to Expropriate kidnapping kill our Children's and to Taylor Alison Swift Slave us take us away from our self they want to remove my Husband Wife from me and this is not good we need the information to defend our self's and call our attorneys, Thank you in advance,

“Beware”

David G.
4/27/21

Says $1 for first report but charges full monthly fee upon initial request for first report. I called number on my card to find out why it was declined. Carhistory attempted to bill $18.95 to my $10 prepaid card is why it was declined. I did see they posted a monthly renewal but I only want 1 report and was willing to cancel but not when I must request a refund. Does the first report really cost $18.95 with a full month subscription? I'd rather pay Carfax $40 than deal with misleading advertisers. Beware.

vehicle history report (4) customer service (8) great service (3) vehicle report (4) good site (5)
jesusr167
November 8th, 2020

davidg94
April 27th, 2021

joseld
June 21st, 2020

I fell into their trap and thought it would just cost me a dollar to find out the history of the car I was interested in. I don't recalled reading it was going to be a monthly fee. I thought I cancelled it but apparently that didn't happened. I was charged $18.95 since October of 2019. That's a whopping $170.55 out of my account for a service I only used once. Stay away is the safest thing to do.

erikb228
December 25th, 2020

I was skeptical at first, but for only a dollar I decided to try it. Excellent information with fast turnaround. Thanks!

davidw480
May 29th, 2020

This is a SCAM
This is a SCAM. They say they will charge you $1 for the report but they automatically sign you up for $18.95 per month for a whole year? It's a bait and switch... a good old fashion scam. They must get many unsuspecting people that never check their credit card statement. User Beware! These dudes are straight up crooks.

davidr2959
December 8th, 2020

I need to know who owns it now. I salvaged to a local junk yard.Lo and behold I cancelled the insurance and state of Florida took my drivers license. I don't know who the junk was because they sent a tow truck. I gave the title they gave me the money. I expected to see more but if things don't get reported than how are carhistory know?

gilg78
October 12th, 2020

The service was good, but I not sign up for any $18.95 a month subscription. I am not blind! This thing was hidden somewhere so they purposely try to do this. Any legit company will clearly display this type of information and make you clearly indicate you want it. Shame on these scammers.

andreaf277
October 22nd, 2020

Super easy to complete. Quick. Very informative. Really made me feel alot easier about buying a used car. Highly recommend this site.

davidg2979
November 19th, 2020

Report allowed me to save money by showing me the same exact information as those over priced sites.

tracys602
October 3rd, 2020

This website will give you a useless report with no information as well as sign you up for a subscription service without asking. Your $1 charge will suddenly be $19 every month. Stay away!

dennisb699
October 28th, 2020

You think you agree for a $1 single report, but there is hidden an $18.99 X 12 Bull$#*! plan that if you do not UNCHECK it, you get screwed! They'll agree to stop the payments. Good luck getting your $17.95 back.

erikal84
May 10th, 2020

They don't tell you that their records only go back to 1981. They said they'll charge you $1 dollar but in fact you get charged $18.95! And they will keep charging $18.95 monthly. SO WATCH OUT! DO NOT FALL FOR IT. Stay way. I'm not the only one complaining on the recurring charges. It is a scam as other have said.

peterb1253
October 12th, 2020

Read before you click. The Report is what I wanted but I thought it was going to be $1. Always read the fine print people.

tarah203
October 8th, 2020

I was charged 18.95 for a full subscription, even though I signed up for a one time report. Read the finest of all prints. They are sneaky.

botj
December 16th, 2020

The vehicle information provided was accurate, but it did not include the information that I was seeking (the buyer info). Also, it was advertised as only costing $1.00 for the report I got, however when I looked at my bank statement the following day, they had in fact, charged me $18.75.

lj105
August 14th, 2016

I kind of flew threw the process, and if it weren't for fat fingering the card info, i would be signed up for over $240 worth of report for a year.? They are not clearly stating what you will get before submitting payment. The live chat, however averted finalizing everything. Thank you for that. I just have to watch now to make sure it actually happens. Still no report, so no review on this part.

Karmen J. – CarHistory Rep

Hello,

I appreciate you taking the time to point out the areas you had concerning your purchase. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and have them review and approve all our billing disclosures.

My goal is to ensure every customer has a good experience, please contact me personally to receive a full refund: manager@carhistory.us.org

Karmen
Manager
Carhistory.us.org

robb336
December 10th, 2020

Need a vehicles VIN quick... and I got it plus a lot more with CarHistory! Very thorough report with some helpful information.

crystalr263
December 25th, 2020

Accurate information, quick, simple, and no hassle. I would recommend to others, who are seeking information on a vehicle.

cindyc21
October 5th, 2013

WE ARE FINDING WATER IN THE SPARE TIRE COMPARTMENT IN THE TRUNK AND FOUND THAT THE BUMPER WAS IMPROPERLY WELDED ON.
THIS SITE DIDN'T PROVE ANY OF THIS. IT SAID THAT THE CAR WAS IN AN ACCIDENT IN ORLANDO, FL. LEFT REAR IMPACT NO DAMAGE REPORTED.
VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE RESULTS PRODUCED

Karmen J. – CarHistory Rep

Dear Cindy,

We genuinely appreciate your feedback. If there is anything that we can do to improve your experience in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at manager@carhistory.us.org

scottg937
December 22nd, 2020

Although it states you will only be charged $1 for the report then hits you with a $18 bill the report was pretty detailed. I was pretty satisfied

alberts274
December 2nd, 2020

I'm not seeing some of the information I was looking for... maybe I need to study it some more... like the different owners... service records... etc

thomasc1198
October 9th, 2020

I was charged $18.95 for a service I believed to be $1 according to the misleading add. Very unprofe

bobbieh71
December 22nd, 2020

Full report with ownership information not provided prior to review screen. I do not have 100 characters for a review.

pauls2635
December 21st, 2020

Service is pretty accurate all the information is based on the car what it looks like information on the vehicle recalls on the vehicle. Everything came out really nice, very detailed would recommend it to a lot of people

teec32
September 26th, 2021

Googled RV values and this site popped up. I entered the requisite info and when asked for, my credit card info to charge for a review of the RV I was checking. It was advertised for $1 to get the info. I should have seen that as a red flag, but proceeded. Then I received a red banner advising my cc was not valid and suggested to re-enter the info…I did twice more when I got the same advice. I gave up. Within an hour my credit card was billed for $18.95 THREE TIMES! Obviously they scammed me for my card info and tried to charge it. A SCAM if ever there was one and thieve scoundrels need to be banned from advertising and prosecuted for fraud…IMHO.

It's $18.95, they scam people saying it's only $1 and just keep charging you

By lindsey a.
See more answers (3)

Hello Mark. Can you please provide me with your email address that you created your account with and I will immediately refund the amount

By Karmen J.,