East Bristol Auctions

East Bristol Auctions has a consumer rating of 3.4 stars from 20 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with East Bristol Auctions most frequently mention auction house. East Bristol Auctions ranks 20th among Auction sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 62.5%
How would you rate East Bristol Auctions?

“Good Saleroom”

K S.
5/12/21

East Bristol Auction House has been wonderful from start to finish. I won some lots on their website and postage was a fair price and I even got them just 3 days later. Simple, no hassle, and very friendly service.

“Rudeness and lack of care for customers.”

Robert S.
3/20/20

I bought a lot and asked they post it. It arrived broken. It was caused by bad packing. I know that they cannot insure ceramics. I wanted to alert them to bad packing and did expect an apology. This is the response i got. Make your own mind up. I can see your emails - which do only date some 48 hours previous. Given the current situation, I'm sure you can appreciate our staff may have very different working environments at present, hence the delay. With the current situation in mind, I do not think waiting 48 hours for an email response is poor. If you want to destroy several years of buying from us based on that alone, then so be it. It would be a shame. All ceramics and glassware that we send are completely uninsurable in the postal system - you'll note it says this on your invoice. Regards Andrew

ks1053

Regards

Andrew

davidb4904
September 10th, 2020

Best auction results ever, gave a review in February, and results have
Improved, I set a reserve of £500 Aiden the auctioneer set reserve £800
It made £1600, they sell in the European (veiling) auction way, if things
Don't sell, it goes to timed online bids over a 10 day period, then most
Sell, they are well ahead of the game on this,
I have no association with this auction room, only know them
Through selling and more than impressed with EBA

David Biggs Chambers, East Devon

judithb622
June 9th, 2021

When my husband died I was left with a houseful of 59 years of things collected during our marriage. East Bristol Auctions collected the objects carefully with respect, and have sold them over a year in various auctions. This has meant a steady supply of money for my family, I could not have wished for better results, and want to thank them all for their kindness and care, Judith Brown

not applicable

johnh5711
September 7th, 2021

I wish to thank East Bristol Auctions for the way they handled the sale of our star wars figures and toys. All the staff were
Friendly and helpful and I was impressed with Andy and Aiden. I was able to watch some the auction on line.
From the early discussions, the collection from our house, the valuation, the auction and and payment
Into my account all went exceedingly well. I would have hesitation in recommending them to other users
And will be back again I am sure with other times.
Best wishes John Harrison

johnf2736
December 11th, 2020

I cannot give enough praise to this auction house superb service from start to finish the staff go the extra mile to help with anything the packing department do a first class job I would recommend this auction house to all I will definitely be keeping my eye on there future listing many thanks to you all at East Bristol auctions

hyltond2
October 13th, 2021

I used these when i moved from my home of 62yrs. They were kind and courteous and i made money rather than throw things away thanks to them. They made it very easy for a 93yr old who has never used an auction before and i feel i made some friends. Thank you to all the staff at East Bristol Auctions, you have been amazing.

af579
June 27th, 2021

Sold some items with them and was very impressed with their service and the prices i got. I needed to buy a new car and they even paid me quicker to allow me to do so. Would recommend.

use with confidence

selling

benb711
January 7th, 2021

Whilst the auction house clearly states items are posted at the buyer risk, they do not take the time or diligence to post items in accordance with Royal Mail guidelines (as stipulated on the RM website). Inevitably our purchase arrived broke.
We accept accidents happen, yet the auction house advises that they have done nothing incorrectly... if only they could check & follow guidelines.

On writing this review we see that we are not the only person to write the above... so our advice would be simple, "Do not ask them to post" as they lack any expertise in doing so.

No apologies offered, just denial of fault, really poor customer service experience.

freyah11
December 30th, 2020

The person who helped me with my purchase, Andy, was extremely friendly and went out of his way to help me. My item was packaged extremely well and arrived with me very quickly.
I would not think twice about purchasing from this auction house again and would highly recommend to anybody.

sallyh257
December 22nd, 2020

Excellent auction house - communication wonderful, and the auction results were fantastic. They were so helpful. Thank you!

davidb3919
February 22nd, 2020

Had very good results with East Bristol auction, they did what they said
With contact, photos, description, Where other auctions houses failed
They succeeded. Will use them again.

chrisg909
July 4th, 2020

I have sold several lots with East Bristol Auctions. I have always found the staff friendly and helpful, and the sale results have been good. I have always found notifications and payments sent promptly, and would recommend them.

manfredg3
November 22nd, 2019

Very nice contact, professional help and quick response. All questions were answeared promptly and exactly.

brianb2396
April 13th, 2021

I recently bought a lot from East Bristol Auctions which was not as described as i live away from the area i could only go on the description. WHAT I RECIEVED IN NO WAY MATCHED THE DESCRIPTION. H aving been in touch with them they told me that was my bad luck and would not refund any monies i suggest anyone thinking of using this auction house should think very carefully.

reading their terms as they do not accept returns even though the descriptions are wrong

medals and military badges

ianw287
April 28th, 2021

East Bristol Auctions advertised the year wrong on the item in there auction that I won, stating 1943. When I got the item the date says 1953. I emailed them and they said to bad, They are Liers and Dishonest not to be trusted. Buyer beware...

buyer beware. not trusted.

Tin Can, Item not as Describe in auction.

ruthg759
September 20th, 2021

After buying from East Bristol many times over the last 18mths and always collecting before storage cost were added to any winning lot, imagine our complete and utter dismay when we discovered that This auction house sold our winning lots valued at over £1000! The did not even have the professional courtesy to contact us and say no one had collected our winning lots.
A courier service who had is well known to East Bristol Auctioneers was booked to collect our stuff as we were still in Australia due to Covid awaiting return.
They sold our items with NO contact to us. We had no idea they still had them. My husband went to collect a chair from them in August and they never said to him that other items were still there.
It was not until I returned to the UK in sept and went thru our furniture did I notice we were missing things for the house.
We will never buy thru East Bristol again. Many many other auction houses have been only too kind and understanding with our predicament. Shame on you.

There are heaps of other auction sites who treat customers much better.

They took all our winning lots that we paid in full and sold them on us. We had no idea they still had these items. They said they had to sell them to claim back storage fees, but not once in the 9mths did we get an invoice for storage fees..we had no idea that they had our winning lots. We were in Australia and the courier that was supposed to collect them did not and he did not tell us he forgot to collect them.

roberts4143
December 4th, 2020

I would never purchase from this auction. Items damaged when posted to me. I advised then of this. My message was ignored for over a week. I complained about this. In reply i had an aggressive reply from them. I would advise against buying with them. Terrible customer service.

freddief35
October 10th, 2020

Bought at one of the on line auctions, description said it was a Herman Miller studio 7.5 Mirra 2 chair.
This was one of four auctioned on the same date in June 2020.
The seat ripped, so hard luck to me I thought.
But it turns out that the chair is not a Mirra 2 but a much older Mirra chair.
Feel like I have been totally misled by the auction description as a Mirra chair is much older and far less desirable than a Mirra 2.
Despite complaints East Bristol Auctions is quoting that they can not be held responsible for wrong descriptions,
Absolutely gutted as I have spent many hundreds of pounds on a chair that is not as described.
Hope you are not one of the other buyers taken in by this outfit as they refuse to accept they have done anything wrong
They belong to no recognised auction body and answer to no one.
I advise extreme caution if you wish to but from them.
I am currently contacting trading standards, but they are not bothered.
Make your own minds up.

ersut
May 22nd, 2017

My experience with them left me feeling cheated. They had a slick answer for everything. In summary if your going to deal with them, make sure your local. I've dealt with a few other British auction houses. But these guys have some odd policies that will leave you with a foul taste. Their online bids are locked to a minimum £20 while locals can bid as low as £1. When I won a bid I was asked to pay by paypal but I was also asked to gift the payment. When I went to sell an item they refused to pay me because the fees was only just below the sale price. They charged more then £8 in commissions for a £10 item. The item was sold by local auction and unlisted so I wasn't able to check it's original listing price. They didn't bother to tell me when the auction was, they charged a listing fee, VAT, internet fee, selling fee, and a flat rate auction fee. Then they refused to pay me because after all the fees, the payment to me which was only by paypal incured an exchange fee and they refuse to pay it. So they on charge all fees, including their own banking fees. They offered to ship my items at 30% more then other auction houses. I would have like to negotiate but they took a month to reply to any emails. Dealing with them took more then a year because of their constant delays in email. On a side note, they even charged VAT knowing full well I was not in the UK or EU.

If your unlucky to deal with this company, I would suggest that you organise your own shipping via a number of other companies like uship. Be prepared for long delays. If you don't get a response from their main email address (*******@eastbristol.co.uk, try the owner *******@eastbristol.co.uk) however your best bet is to ring them. But if you can avoid them, there are many other British auctions that can be trusted and give much much better service. Otherwise go locally and not over the internet

They were recommended and I found them all friendly and knowledgeable

By John H.
See more answers (2)

I regularly was able to reach them by phone and e-mail

By John H.
See more answers (2)

Yes- made money on things i thought were worth nothing

By HYLTON D.
See more answers (2)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the East Bristol Auctions staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about East Bristol Auctions?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.4
Have a question about East Bristol Auctions?