FlyFar CA

Better Business Bureau

FlyFar CA has a consumer rating of 2.78 stars from 326 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about FlyFar CA most frequently mention customer service, credit card and business days problems.FlyFar CA ranks 41st among Plane Tickets sites.

This company does not typically respond to reviews

• Only thing that came up additional was $26 for seat selection and in the fine print, seat selection was not guaranteed.

• They have the worse customer service representative.
How would you rate FlyFar CA?

“Fabulous”

Janet L.
1/28/20

I had been watching fares for over a week, because I just need to travel round trip overnight for an appointment. It was disheartening to see the prices increasing. However, today I just went on Kayak and this fare on FlyFar (which I had never heard of) showed up at a decent price. I immediately put in my information, and the booking went through. The flights are on two separate airlines, but I already received confirmations from both of them. I am so relieved, so I will definitely use your services again.

“Do not use!”

G W.
3/13/20

Booked a flight, conference was cancelled due to coronavirus. Company shut their phones down and website offline. Airline cannot help with the issue. Absolutely absurd that there is no support available. None. Sat on hold for airline for 7 hours total already. Begging for help and still no further than before. Emailed Flyfar days ago and still no response, even though they said they'd respond in 2-3 business days. Poor service!

customer service (45) seat selection (20)
gw167
March 13th, 2020

ramua
April 29th, 2022

I have booked ticket worth 1604 USD with ref number LFQZ5P & was waiting for refunds since 5 months.
Their call will never connect to the agent. I email almost every week, but hasn't got reply back. Worst agency.

On their website they mentioned its registered under TICO Registration #: 50009248. I have complained about airlines to TICO with ticket and got reply back that Flyfar is not registered under TICO

Never ever book tockets in flyfar

None

ibm1
August 8th, 2021

Turkish airline suddenly canceled a segment of our return ticket that was booked on this flyfar who "prohibit" airlines to change their tickets so you have to wait for hours on phone for their answer! I'm waiting and still waiting and it's been TWO HOURS no answer yet! Besides, they rip off for changes even airlines' mistake or even if airline forfeit change fees, they don't! They don't care for pandemic or anything they just want take advantage of people's need; very cruel stay away pay little extra for pronounceable booking website not at all this one!

Airline booking

giuliannam1
May 19th, 2020

I booked 5 tickets to go to Europe on June 5th 2020 through FlyFar around $2500. The airline cancelled our flight because of Covid pandemic. I have been trying to contact Flyfar many times. They will not respond any of my emails. They were unable to even find my ticket for some reason and hang up on me twice because they do not know what to say!
They are the worst company ever! An scam! I will never work with them again.

weil31
September 28th, 2020

DO NOT USE this website to book any ticket.
I was trying to get my refund when I receive cancellation by airline. I called them(flyfar) over 7 times, their answer always said: " we help you to send email already. Please wait for 3 days and call us back again. ".
And then flyfar will ask you to call airline " write down on your booking: refund is possible. "
All the rights are belong to travel agency. Isn't it? In additions, they hang up on me as well.

divyanit
March 15th, 2020

Very prompt. Took no time to book and get my e tickets. But i never got an option to choose my meal that was the only drawback.

gowris1
September 9th, 2019

I was unnecessarily charged US $ 45 for clicking on an option "any seat". ($69 for the ticket and $45 for this "any seat" selection). When I called FlyFar customer support, I was told the airline (Frontier in this case) has charged that fee. But the confirmation email I got from Frontier said "no seat selection, seat will be assigned after check-in" and showed a fee of $69. This means that FlyFar has cheated me $45. I am demanding that they refund this amount ($45 that they have unnecessarily charged) to me right away.

ramnaa
July 6th, 2021

FlyFar steals them passengers!... so better if you know it, before buy a ticket from them. We bought two tickets from them one year ago, Colombo - Dubai, Abu Dhabi - Budapest line. Transfer was prohibited for us due to the viral situation. We canceled our tickets with them 5 days before the trip.
We have not seen any money, the price of our tickets until today!
They have a very bad refunded system, and told will give back a small part from the price, but they not keep in touch with us already long time. We didn't see any money still.
They stole us and do it with impunity because where can you turn against them?

Air tickets

adelinar8
August 9th, 2021

They have the worse customer service representative. I waited on the line for 3 hours to talk to an agent after was transferred to another agent and still was not helpful at all. They play tricks and games on people and just lie and make up excuses. One of my segments was suddenly cancelled and I bought the ticket off of Flyfar and they kep making up excuses and blaming Air Canada and Lufthansa's end for their own mistake!

Flight ticket

calebr44
August 10th, 2020

Booked a flight through Flyfar that was supposed to happen April 2020. The flight was cancelled by the airline and per the terms and conditions I am supposed to receive a full refund. The airline (Norweigan) refunded Flyfar over 6 weeks ago and I still have not received my refund from Flyfar. This company is a scam, every time I call they put me on a 2 hour hold, each time a person picks up the phone they say they need to transfer me to a different department and I have to wait again on a 2 hour hold. No refund at this time.

giob7
December 30th, 2020

Dishonest... Scam
I also have not been refunded even though i received email conformation from airline company and flyfar that i would reimbursed. I urge all people to lodge a complaint with US dept of transportation. *
File a complaint. The Department of Transportation will forward your complaint to the airline and threaten "enforcement action" if they don't act soon.

erical155
December 11th, 2019

I booked my tickets and as the process continued, I also selected my seats as the site prompted me to. Low and behold, I was charged an extra $50 which was not made obvious at all! I was very annoyed by this and called customer service immediately. The supervisor was kind and refunded me the money for my seat selection without any fuss (should arrive in my account in 3 to 5 days). Thank you.

rolano
April 20th, 2020

They're currently processing my refund now. Since the airlines suspended my flights due to Covid19, they informed me that they processing my full refund but it will take up to 90 business days. Take sometimes but at least I'm getting full refund.

jessa40
September 15th, 2020

I have been emailing them for weeks now to get my money back for 2 flights from Aug. No reply
I have read receipts on my emails and they are clicking on 'not read' and deleting them

Today i sent an email to the airline and CC Flyfar in. Telling the airline about the problem and Flyfar is profiting from the airlines during this time. I hope to get a reply in the next few days from Icelandair. Don't give up. Keep emailing them and CC the airline in so they know Flyfar is profiting from them

chrisg667
December 10th, 2019

I didn't want to pay for selected seats. The question asked if we would like the airline to seat us together. I was seeing that as a courtesy as seating map was unavailable. Then I was charged 54.00 Extra. I felt cheated!

srdjanb
March 25th, 2020

Unfortunately, I have bought my airfare ticket through this agent!
Now, due to situation with COVID-19 I cannot get in contact with them. Last night I was waiting for 80 minutes and my battery was drained out. Today the same thing... I do not know how someone like this company has a permit to work as a Tourist Agency?
I cannot cancel my ticket through their web site. Total amateurism...
Never again!

mariad299
July 28th, 2019

The price for additional charges is misrepresented. I was not able to see the itemized charges until I clicked "complete booking now" I called the 1800 number right away to cancel the additional charges because my fare increased a lot and I was told that I can't cancel that charge and I can only get 50% discount off the cancellation trip insurance. I travel a lot myself and buy tickets for my family. I am always very careful on additional charges, but this time I made a big mistake.

ruthr111
May 19th, 2019

I am a month away from flying so I hope all goes well! The process so far seems to be good. Although fly far did not let me know i was being charged 25$ to choose my seat. I figured it out and decided to go through with it. However the fine print on the invoice says that the airline may not honor the selection.

samuelg104
October 12th, 2019

Hello Courtney,
My experience is a little skewed because of not having flown in many years, but your agent (Jasmine) was rather helpful throughout the process of reservation confirmation. There was some confusion on my part in making selections that resulted in charges that I was unaware of. Jasmine helped me get through them and corrected the error. She was difficult to understand at times when communicating with me but I appreciated her patience as I asked questions. Overall, a good experience!

joshuad395
July 10th, 2021

DO NOT USE THEM EVER!
They refuse to send me my Ticket refund even thou the airline (New Zealand Air) has already provided the refund back to Flyfar. They are holding onto my refund and will not release it to me.

This is 6 months after they got the refund.
Oh and if you think the phone number would work... don't kind yourself

DO NOT USE EVER

airline tikects

janetl328
January 28th, 2020

judyj109
October 8th, 2019

Felt tricked into paying for seat selection. The page where I did it said it didn't cost anything. Next page said you won't be assured of any seat. Page of cost totaled added $35 for seat selection. Scam, scam, scam.

gracep209
October 8th, 2021

Do not buy a fly with gotogate.com or flyfar (is the same company) no service and they try to steal your money. My flight got cancelled to Israel and they sold me 2 different ticket to go there (my final destination was no the 1st one) and even when they sent me an email saying that my second flight got cancelled they did nothing to cancel the 1st flight. Thank God that I was able to cancelled myself and requested the money back with my credit card company.

no phone number to call, no response to emails

service (travel agency)

ericl1119
December 3rd, 2021

The biggest rip-off scam company in the business. I would give -5 stars if I could. I booked 2 tickets and had to change because of covid. After 21 calls they refused unless I pay the full fare again. The company is a fraud and a scam. STAY AWAY. Customer service -5. They are polite and ask you to wait 3 minutes several times while they do NOTHING.

ahmadz29
June 6th, 2021

They don't help you rebook denied flights and charge you obscene prices to do so, when I asked for a refund they said they don't do refunds. They hung up on me more than 3 times. Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with.

They won't help you so don't bother calling them

Flight

Hi there. Which email and numbers are you referring to that are not working? I can check into that for you as we've had no reported issues. Emails can take up to 48 hours for a response so please keep that in mind. If you are calling within North America the number to reach us at is 1-833-786-5832. If you are calling outside of North America, you can contact us at 1-858-877-5178. We also have a local number which is 1 (888) 775-1099. Our email address is sales@flyfar.ca. Cheers...

See more answers (2)

Hi there. There are no hidden seat selection fees. On our payment page it is clearly outlined that there will be (a) a "Seat Selection Fee" of $X. XX and (b) a "Total Seat Selection Price" of $X. XX which is the cost of our fees + the seat charges (if any). This is also clearly mentioned after your flight is booked. You can find this information directly under the seat selection area on our page as a summary under the "Seat Selection Overview". Best ~ Flyfar

See more answers (2)

Hi there, please send me your email address and telephone number and I will have someone reach out to you. ~ Courtney

By Courtney R.,

Hi Shoaib. I've sent your inquiry to our schedule change department. If there is a cancellation by the airline the airline is responsible for the reimbursement. We would need to wait for the money to be returned to us from the airline in order to send it to you. Nonetheless, I don't have the details of your file nor when the cancellation request was initiated so I will have someone contact you to clarify everything :) . Cheers.

By Courtney R.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the FlyFar CA staff and other customers.

Specializing in cheap flights and low cost airline tickets, FlyFar.ca is your source for flight deals. We offer domestic and international travel deals.

courtneyr71
Courtney R.
Typically does not respond to reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FlyFar CA?

Have a question about FlyFar CA?