We’re in this together! Stay safe with our COVID-19 guide

View
×

Groupon CA

Groupon CA has a consumer rating of 1.91 stars from 45 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Groupon CA most frequently mention customer service and credit card problems. Groupon CA ranks 79th among Daily Deals sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 12.5%

No positive highlights yet

• I wrote to the customer service & received a prompt reply that my credit card would be refunded the full amt.
  • then finally I decided to call my credit card company...
How would you rate Groupon CA?

“My experience has been great”

Nasir M.
9/9/21

In Aug 2021, I purchased two unlimited ride tickets for Fantasy Fair from Groupon.com. Later, I found on Groupon website that the facility is temporarily closed. I immediately contacted their customer service online chat. They offered discounts, Groupon credit, etc. I explained to them that it seems that Groupon.com is a US site, I will not be able to benefit from Most of their offers which are in the US. They understood and quickly reversed the charges. I checked my statement, the charge was in Canadian Dollars.

“Refund because of the pandemic”

Neo G.
7/15/21

I bought a boat cruise voucher from Groupon thinking it's a cruise happening in Canada Niagara. Now because of the pandemic and the borders being closed I am unable to do the cruise. I live in Canada and can't cross the border to redeem the voucher. I have spoken to several people at customer service I keep getting the same answer - it's a final sale we don't do refunds! What the hell! This is broad day light robbery. How is this even legal!

customer service (9) credit card (6) 2 weeks (4)
neog6
July 15th, 2021

yeamas
March 19th, 2021

It is ridiculous. After purchasing an item that is to be shipped to Canada I go to the website and find out that they do not ship to Canada. My Groupon settings is only for Canada yet this Groupon voucher was available to me and after purchasing it I was told they cannot do anything about that. Thing you can do nothing about such prominent issue like selling items to people that will not receive those items is very negligent for a company. If you do not ship to a certain country it should not be advertised under that country's code.

That they don't ship to Canada.

None

dawna73
April 5th, 2018

You can not know the total price of your purchase till you confirm on your payment.
Mine started at $35.00, total after confirm was $55.00. Yes the Fine print says there taxes and other cost may apply. I have Never purchased any item without knowing the total price. Groupon.ca did give my money back. AWESOME. Without the full total price I'm not sure I can continue with this site. Sad, what I read and seen it does look almost prefect.

suhasp4
November 5th, 2020

Purchased the Trading Course coupon from The International Academy of Trading.

Classes never started. No response from vendor after sending 2 messages on their website. Tried to send an email and it bounced back.

Contacted groupon.ca customer service and as per the 3 days response timeline, received no response!

jeffg39
June 21st, 2014

Great group deals site. Have made several purchases; all hassle-free (unlike at least one competitor site). Quick and easy purchasing. Good customer service.

nasirm26
September 9th, 2021

Make sure what's the refund policy and if it's in USD or CAD.

None

davidc2904
April 2nd, 2020

Recently I noted an item and when I want to make the purchase on finalizing the price was increased by 20 %. Wrote the customer and they couldn't understand where I seen the price, prove it by sending them a screenshot of the item. The I was advise the price was changed when I attempting to send in the order. I was told that it is what it is and told if not happy they can close my account for me to save myself the trouble.

Copy the model number and do a search for pricing and reviews - as the reviews by Groupon and the general public are on he opposite ends of the scale.Often you can find the same item less expansive elsewhere of Groupon.

Didn't - want and purchase from a local specialty store.

jamest88
January 15th, 2015

I made a purchase and found that I was charged on my creditcard more than the original reciept showed. Apparently there was some fine print which outlined that I would be charged in US funds and the original reciept meant nothing. Customer service is horrible, all they will do is quote policy and say sorry which does nothing. I would not use groupon anymore

Do not use this site, unless you do not care for any support after your purchase.

janines18
September 16th, 2017

I recently ordered an RS2200 Whole Body Fitness Machine sold by Rock Solid Wholesale through Groupon. It arrived at my door within a reasonable time and works very well. It is as good or better than the machines I have used at the "Y".
Sincerely, S. J. Stevens Kelowna, B. C.

micheller1585
August 29th, 2021

I purchased a service to be used in Canada and without a clear distinction I was charged USD funds! My own receipt never stated USD funds and only noticed the charge once I checked my credit card statement. After investigating I found they hid the clause stating it would be charged in USD funds for something iam doing in CANADA! I caution everyone not to use Groupon for Canadian products or services as their customer service did nothing to help. After all of this they took the deal off which makes this even more suspicious. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!

victoriam9
April 20th, 2012

Bought a voucher for $99 for spa treatments & next day had to cancel it due to health reasons. I wrote to the customer service & received a prompt reply that my credit card would be refunded the full amt. Within 3 business days. It is now 8 business days and no sign of my refund. I now have to open a dispute with my credit card company. I feel that Groupon's customer service is very lacking.

aliciap245
December 10th, 2020

I bought a spa package off groupon went and had a great experience then a week later realized they charged me again for the service. When I contacted them they said they would pay me in groupon bucks and I was unable to get my money back

sandrao3
March 27th, 2014

I love Groupon. I have only had good experiences with them. Everything i order, i get and in a very timely manner. I highly recommend this site for ordering things---especially the vouchers, they arrive within minutes of ordering! Products take a few weeks so make sure you give yourself enough time.
Love it!

vivianeh1
April 22nd, 2015

Alright, I have several experience with groupon.ca so far:

1. I bought a voucher for a necklace, however it didn't work so I requested for a refund and I got my money back and they even added a credit on their site (I didn't use it anyway). Hmm not so good for the first time right?
2. I bought another voucher for Skydiving, and now I've already booked for the date of my jump. Very excited and the deal was good too (179 + tax instead of 300 + tax)
3. A voucher for swimwear at Aqua sport. It worked and I got my favourite surfing pant!
4. Wine tasting for two
5. Mattress (full size) incl. Tax and delivery
6. Another skydive jump

And I haven't gotten any trouble since then.

Anyone can contact me to verify, I am not working for groupon or getting paid from them to promote their site =,=
My skype is chuoividai

Cheers!

jartr
May 30th, 2020

This is for Groupon.ca - CUSTOMERS PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS SITE, IT IS FRAUD, DON'T FALL INTO THEIR TRAP
I bought an item on Groupon.ca more than a month ago, they charged on my credit card right away, and also send me a tracking number after 3 days, saying that the item was shipped through Canada Post, I tried but that tracking number didn't work, Canada post confirmed that this tracking number may be fake as they didn't receive any such item. Since then I have been trying to contact them, not it seems all of the contact lines are shut down, no response from then, rather can't contact them. This is very organized fraud. If I contact groupon.com, they escape saying that they can't sort out the purchase-related questions, so I need to contact groupon.ca.

elsal
December 1st, 2014

Very well organized website where the products are neatly divided according to type of goods, services and activities. Good for businesses to promote their products and services. Many delicate and elegant jewelry are sold at incredibly cheap price beyond my imagination.The products are shipped promptly and professionally packed.

nickp291
July 8th, 2020

During Covid 19 Groupon was up and running an example of my review we had sold 13 groupons $400 of service and groupon paid us $2.17 when we called they had stated that it was due to refunds and promotions on our campaigns after review we had found out that we had 0 refunds and our contract we had never agreed to any further promotional discounts we have been trying to call them for 2 weeks hoping that this was done in error nobody answers the lines they will like to you to use their email to resolve issues When you send them an email about the problem that you are having they give you another response that is far right without dealing with the issue. Warning to any further merchants that is considering using this service. Don't waste your time They do not support the merchants they steal your money never give you a breakdown of how much you sold each month I have aakes several times for detailed invoices and never received it.the contract only benefits groupon. Their customer support is the worst I've ever had to deal with but the worst thing about groupon is how they steal your money and try to make it legal what company would sell for $400 worth of service For $2.17 merchants beware

pieterc5
December 20th, 2019

They took my money for tandem skydiving and all of a sudden problems to log into my Groupon account. Their message kept saying "Somebody spilled some coffee..."
No way to speak to them! I was planning to give the Tandem Skydiving for my wife for Xmas and Groupon dropped the ball. I wonder whether these guys are legitimate?

ashleym56
March 11th, 2014

In Dec I sent a complaint about an item I had purchased the month before. The product was extremely late to arrive and I was pretty angry seeing as a Christmas present would not be coming and I thought they would just blow me off like most other companies but they did very much the opposite.
They replied right away and not only did they offer sincere apologies but they refunded my money and did not b. S me at all! ( My account was refunded within a day or two. AWESOME.)
My only advice is if you need a gift ASAP don't order products off of Groupon. Simple as that.

Groupon definitely gets a 5/5 from me. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them (even if it wasn't positive to begin with.) I'm glad to see a company that actually cares. Had they not solved my problem ASAP I would never use the site again but I now order all kinds of things (food, tickets, etc) and I have had no problems.

alexx217
September 24th, 2021

Just had an online argument with their customer support about the difference in price in the actual price and Groupon? WTF, seriously. Groupon prices ARE higher than the actual service or market price. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check with the store before you buy from Groupon bcoz Groupon is a ripoff.

icenc
March 4th, 2016

Delivery is not 2 weeks, its more than that, then after not receiving it, they offered me a refund. Its not good not receiving my order after waiting but they refunded me anyway. Weeeelll not sure.

katek218
May 5th, 2021

I am a business owner, received phone call from customer who purchased Groupon deal which we've never posted service on Groupon website.
I try to contact the Groupon customer service. Call support which direct to website customer support, website live support chat does understand my claim because assume that automation computer respond keep ask my purchase order number which I cannot provide. Email claim has not received respond yet.
This is the link of false advertising: https://www.groupon.com/deals/pop-up-beauty-8#tips / non-existing number with wrong address keep on selling it and does not have button to report the link as false and scam.

I hope Groupon offer the button to click claim/report the false/scam link right away.

lvv1
February 18th, 2019

I bought 2 Groupons for laser & tanning... went smooth.
Recently, I was on the Canadian site and I bought a subscription for a year of
Mens' Journal for my hair shop... and as soon as I paid... they sent me an email stating they don't ship to Canada and my money was non-refundable... what a load of Bull puckey!
A few emails back and forth... then finally I decided to call my credit card company... explaining their scam... and I got my money back... I may report them to the BBB and Consumer Protection Ontario.

ahmedo25
August 19th, 2019

I bought an item on Jul 26,2019 and till now i didn't receive it. More importantly they don't have a customer service that you can call and discuss

kb256
June 20th, 2018

Ordered two separate Groupons to use at a Joes Pizza. Found out they are under new management and will not be accepting the already Purchased Groupon When asked online for a full re fund back to my credit card my email account was blocked and money not refunded. Horrible customer service.

Based on my experience Groupon is a scam. Tu penses que ça n'arrive qu'aux autres mais Groupon va te faire voir

By Curtis C.