We’re in this together! Stay safe with our COVID-19 guide

View
×

Grove

Grove has a consumer rating of 2.77 stars from 214 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Grove most frequently mention credit card, vip membership and next order problems. Grove ranks 3rd among Cleaning Products sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 21.1%

• On the other hand, Customer Service did tell me that the company runs on regular shipments of products.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Grove?

“Amazing!”

Latoya J.
5/6/21

When I ordered I got a whole basket of free things! I was skeptical at first. But was I sooooo wrong?! I received my order in less than 5 days. I'll never go back to my other house hold products. I love the scents and how well they clean. The caddy I bought sits so beautifully in my kitchen it was all I was missing. I'm completely satisfied with the overall company, products and service. The box even had a personal note. How sweet?! You've got a lifetime supporter.

“Don't buy”

Wendy F.
6/9/20

I tried Grove after my daughter told me about it and I saw an Ad on Facebook. It took 5 weeks to receive and when I did receive it, 2 of my bottles of cleaner had broken and spilled out all over everything. They wouldn't ship replacements, offered a refund for one of the items, $8.00, but said I got the other one free. My whole shipment was spilled and covered in a mess. Highly dissatisfied with Grove.

customer service (40)
wendyf174
June 9th, 2020

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Wendy.

First, we want to apologize for the delay in response, that is certainly not the experience we wanted for you! We aim for efficient and thoughtful shipping practices and are saddened to see that we missed the mark.

That being said, we remain conscious of every box we ship and try to do what we can to consolidate shipments whenever possible and it saddens us to see that this has impacted your experience with us. If you have any further concerns and would like to continue the conversation, please reach out to us at reviewsupport@grove.co.

carlak60
January 1st, 2020

Promised free $30 Mrs. Meyers kit with first order. Kit was in my basket when I checked out but not in confirmation email received after completing checkout. Contacted Customer Service; they responded with $20 credit on my next order. Not interested in any future orders, so I requested that they send me the kit. No response. DM'd via FB requesting order and subscription cancellation; no response after 4 hours. Instituted dispute with PayPal.

Grove C. – Grove Rep

We are so sorry about the trouble, Carla.

We are so saddened to hear about the difficulty you had. After looking into this we can see where the issue came from.

The offer you ended up claiming required that you opt in to our recurring shipments and a free VIP Membership Trial to receive your free gifts. It looks like only the recurring shipments were opted into, which explains why those items weren't included. We can confirm that the credit is still on your account and that as you requested, your account has been changed so you can now shop without recurring shipments.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to us at support@grove.co.

yanivc1
September 27th, 2021

Hi there,
Have been with Grove for 2 years. Grove notes that they are committed to becoming plastic free yet many of their products continue to come in plastic bottles and their cloths are 80% polyester and 20% polyamides? Is Grove just another gimmick playing on people's desires to become environmentally responsible while continuing to do the same as any other company? If they can't truly stand up to their pledge to protect the environment how are they any different than any other brand name cleaning product company?

They will tell you that it's not in their hands to completely be plastic free but the truth is that clothes don't have to be polyester at all they could be organic cotton. Plastic bottles could be substituted with compostable plastic or come as a powder in a paper packet. There is no reason for this outside of a lack of effort to stick to ideology due to profits coming first.

Multiple cleaning products half of which are not in line with environmental policies.

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Hi Yaniv, thanks for reaching out with your concerns. As a registered B Corporation, everything available at Grove has met our high standards for non-toxicity, efficacy, and sustainability, and is cruelty-free. Please know that we’re committed to an ethically sustainable future, which is why every purchase you make with Grove is 100% plastic neutral. We’ve also pledged to be completely plastic-free by 2025. Big changes take time but rest assured we are committed. Feel free to visit grove.co/sustainability to learn more about our endeavors.

emilym1167
February 7th, 2021

I narrowed down my list in the cart to 5 items and ordered ($37-39). Now all of sudden I have been charged for $70! And was told "I cannot cancel the order" why I have been charged for something I did not order! I am assuming it is some system error. But it is not helpful at all when the company does not want to fix the problem! All they say is "cannot cancel the order" so I have to pay for what I did not order!?!?!?

Screenshot the list of item you purchase before you submit your order. Because the confirmation email sent me all the extra items I end up removing from the list!!!!

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Hi Emily, we're so sorry for any inconvenience or confusion. If you'd be so kind as to provide your Grove email at reviewsupport@grove.co, we'd be happy to take a look. Thank you.

trisht55
August 30th, 2021

When I first started Grove I had no real problems. Recently there is something wrong with their shipping. It seems they make the shipping label but the item never gets shipped. The first time they told me it was lost in the mail, no big deal it was reshipped right away, the very next order it happened again. Customer service was very responsive and polite and reissued the box again right away along with a credit to my account. It's 3 days later ( email said it will go out in 24-48 hours) and the tracking number still says it has not been picked up just like the last 2 boxes.
Reading other reviews u see this is a recurring issue. I think I'm done with Grove, I can find similar products elsewhere

Vip members do get free shipping BUT there is a minimum dollar amount, so if you you don't need much one month, Surprise you have to pay shipping.

Household goods

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Hi Trish, we're so sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. If you wouldn't mind sending us an email including your Grove account email at reviewsupport@grove.co, we'd be happy to look into this and help troubleshoot. Thank you.

ktes
September 20th, 2021

The way how Grove tricks customers in subscription speaks of unethical business practices. When you create an account they mention that you will never run out of stuff with a subscription model. You would assume that you can choose to subscribe or place a regular order. But it's not the case, once you place an order, you have signed up for a subscription. And it is never mentioned during the check out process.
This lack of transparency seems intentional. I find it very unethical and I can't trust a company like that.

As a person who worked on a subscription service for one of the nation-wide retailers, I'm sad to see those bad business practices.

I think one day they will be sued for that. Would be similar to a law suit against Audible.

If you signed make sure you check your order every month and cancel items you don't need.

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Hi there, thank you for reaching out to Grove. Grove is a flexible monthly shipment service. Sorry if this was not more clear during your order experience. The default schedule is every month, but the delivery frequency is totally flexible and up to you. We do offer regular one-off ordering options too! We send reminder texts and emails giving you the option to edit or cancel your order before it is set to ship. If you need help managing your account, please reach out to community@grove.co and we'd be glad to further assist you!

carolh1104
February 23rd, 2021

I love every item I've received from The Grove. Shipments have always arrived on time and in great condition. My only problem is reaching them. My app crashes every time I try to open it. Links in their emails crash as well. It's becoming a problem and I can find no phone number or email address to reach out to about these problems.

Ask they why their app might crash & how to reach a human being...then pass on the info (at least to me!!

Grove cleaning products, glass dispensers, silicone cuffs for glass bottles, TP, toilet cleaner, multi surface spray, glass cleaner, bar hand soap, liquid hand soap, dishwasher detergent, laundry det. Etc

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Grove, Carol! We're terribly sorry to hear you've experienced issues with both our app and promotional email links. Please feel free to reach out to us at reviewsupport@grove.co, including the email address associated with your Grove account, and we'd be happy to assist you right away. Additionally, our Grove Guides are available via email (community@grove.co), via chat on our website, and by phone (every day from 7:00am - midnight ET at 1-844-476-8375).

kathyl632
September 23rd, 2020

Lack of resolution and customer responsiveness. Was actually told by the supervisor that I am not a valuable customer cause I complained about my first order and they are not interested these customers long term. Literally! All I asked was for a replacement for an item that came broken! Then I went to my account and they had wiped me clean- no account existed- that includes erasing my order history, and my VIP membership- which costs $20 all gone! What extortion and arrogance! Seems like if disagree and ask for something against their policy - like please replace the broken item- you get the "cancel culture" treatment. Move on,
There better more ethical companies out there.

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Grove, Kathy. This is not the type of experience we'd like our community members to have and we sincerely apologize. If you don't mind sending us an email at reviewsupport@grove.co, we'd be more happy to review your recent interactions with our team and do what we can to turn this experience around for you. Thank you.

georgeg760
October 22nd, 2020

The products are great, the peopple that I have dealt with have always been friendly but their shipping service is TERRIBLE. They ship from a warehouse about 6 hours away from me and now, for the third straight time it has been over 2 weeks since I was notified that the order had shipped and still no product. I am done with this company until they come to their senses regarding shipping. I would not recommend them under any circumstances!

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Hi George, we're so sorry to hear of this trouble and would be happy to do anything we can to help. If this issue is still unresolved, could you please send us a message at reviewsupport@grove.co and include your email address? We'll look into this right away. Thank you kindly.

tiffanyb527
January 7th, 2021

I wouldn't use again. The product is good but I don't like the add ons. Sneaky. You have to watch your cart.

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Hi Tiffany, thank you for taking the time to share this review. Grove is a recurring order shipment service that uses Product Subscriptions to help our customers stay stocked up on their favorite products. You can customize the shipping frequency for each product in your subscriptions or remove them completely by clicking the "x" in the top right corner of the product photo. Items in your Product Subscriptions will be automatically placed in your cart based on those settings, we apologize if this was unclear! Please don't hesitate to contact us at reviewsupport@grove.co if we can offer any additional information.

erikav36
May 7th, 2020

I ordered for the first time & have NEVER been so upset & disappointed in my life. 1st on quick view everything was dusty, dirty, and gritty like it had been on a warehouse shelf for quite sometime. Then noticed the dates go back to 2017 & 2018 its 2020! I also didn't receive everything I paid for

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Erika.

We greatly apologize for your experience shopping with us. This is certainly not up to our Grove standards nor the norm. We want you to receive all of your Grove items in their best condition and we are so sorry we dropped the ball this time.

We take all concerns of this matter very seriously. Please know that this has been passed along to our product team as well as our warehouse and shipping teams to ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

Please reach out to us at reviewsupport@grove.co and we would be happy to help take a look into this for you.

donnap746
November 26th, 2020

What an unethical company. I ordered from Grove Collaborative website which somehow triggered a VIP Membership with a recurring membership fee which I never registered for and regular subscriptions for products I didn't order! I would get email notices for upcoming shipments and have to go in and cancel things I never ordered! It must be in the fine print and they make it hard for you to cancel things you didn't event ask for. Deceptive and unethical.

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Hi Donna, we are so sorry for any confusion. As noted upon signing up, Grove's services default to ship monthly orders, which are preceded by a few email reminders to edit your order before it ships. Although this is a default setting, your flexible monthly shipments can be turned off at any time, allowing you to shop on an as-need basis. Your first order also includes a free VIP membership trial for 60 days, which is also noted upon signing up. We send an email reminder with an link to cancel this separate service before it renews 3 days before the trial is up, and we apologize if that was missed. We're always more than happy to cancel and refund your VIP membership if you do not wish to continue. If you have not contacted our team of Grove Guides for help with that, please send an email to support@grove.co and we'll be glad to help.

loriv148
October 7th, 2020

I do not have a complaint of products or product value. Everything has been fine for almost 2 years except on Oct 6/20 during pandemic a Driver delivery my shipment and was not wearing a mask, and was touching his face and then touching the box. I had to leave shipment outside over night and decontaminate with Lysol. Also made me wonder about any other contact with the products in the shipping department.

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Hi Lori, thank you for providing this candid feedback. Although this happened when the shipment was out of our hands, we do apologize on behalf of the carrier for their lack of protection while handling your package. This is unacceptable and we appreciate you surfacing this. Please know you can always provide this feedback to the company that delivered your shipment by using your tracking information and contact information which can be found on their website. You can find your tracking information from your Order History in your Account. They will be able to determine the specific carrier that delivered your package with your tracking number. If there is anything that we can do to improve your rating or opinions of Grove as a company, please don't hesitate to reach out to reviewsupport@grove.co with feedback.

crystalt234
October 25th, 2021

Twice it's happened that I put change in my cart and things were added to my cart without my permission and when I emailed them they told me rest assured you won't be charged and a week later I was charged $72 I just noticed it happened 2 months in a row I will not be ordering from this company despite liking the products. I should not have to send back products and be charged for something I didn't order. I'm reporting to the BBB

Watch your cart and which products you are being charged for because they will charge you for something even when you change your cart

A lot

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Hi Crystal, we apologize for any confusion and hope we can offer some clarity here. The items in your cart are added from your Product Subscriptions, which are based on previous purchases. It sounds like there were enough items in your cart to meet the order minimum, which generated a shipment. Please know you are always in control with Grove and can choose how often products are added to your cart, or delete all subscriptions by visiting grove.co/pantry/subscriptions. Please also be sure to remove the items from your cart, as they will not be automatically deleted. We'll always send a few email reminders before any shipments process. And we do have a happiness guarantee —just reach out to us within 30 days of delivery and you can return any unwanted items for a full refund, no questions asked. Feel free to send us an email at reviewsupport@grove.co if we can answer any questions.

emilyw583
September 20th, 2021

Beware of the fine print because once you buy something they'll automatically sign you up for a subscription and charge you double what you paid before. Too much hassle for overpriced products and the fact that they don't make it clear that you're subscribing to a really expensive service shows the type of company they are. So if you don't want to sit at the post office wasting an afternoon returning items that you never ordered to get your own hard earned money back that they decided to take from you, then I'd suggest to take your business elsewhere. Not to mention unless these products somehow grow hands and clean the house themselves, the price is NOT worth it. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind would spend $65 on a couple of cleaning supplies every month so I'm guessing they make their profit off of signing people up for this service without them knowing which is dishonest enough for me to go out of my way to write this review to warn other people. Total scam and waste of time.

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Hi Emily, we do apologize for any confusion about our flexible monthly shipments or our services in general. Having a Grove account comes with two completely customizable features: A VIP Membership and flexible monthly shipments. Individual Product Subscriptions are also a part of our service. As noted upon signing up, a Grove account defaults to process monthly shipments, which can be edited or canceled anytime after your first order. To be sure you're only getting what you want, we'll send a few email reminders before your orders process. Those are sent 7 days and 3 days prior to processing, and you can also sign up for text alerts. If you'd prefer to shop without auto shipments, you can make that change right from your account. Additionally, we can confirm our prices do not change from one order to the next (with the exception of sales, of course), and you can compare all orders from your account by visiting Order History. First orders do contain promotional free items, but that free gift set cannot be combined after that. If you have questions about how to manage your account, please reach out to our team of Grove Guides for support.

latoyaj56
May 6th, 2021

Stone sink caddy, microfiber cloths, hand soap, multipurpose spray, dish soap, bubble up dish set, glass reusable spray bottle and walnut scrubber sponges

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Thank you for taking the time to provide this thoughtful review, Latoya! We're so happy you're loving all of the options we have at Grove. If you ever need any help with your account or a product recommendation, please reach out to us at support@grove.co. We're always here for you!

kayem45
September 10th, 2021

When I first started buying grove it was great. Then product was out of "stock" then they offered free samples, oh no sorry out of stock. If you spend so much you get a free gift. Lol bull, since they "forgot" to put in box, they say oh no you have to ship that very minute.
Nowhere does it say that and it hasNEVER been that way.
Don't waste your time or money.
They lie, and don't deliver.

I use shower spray, and hand soaps

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Hi Kaye, we're sorry for any frustration or confusion. We happily offer a free full-sized gift with each qualifying order, which means it's met the associated minimum and you've clicked Ship Now. Under each gift option, you'll see "Ship now to redeem". We also include similar language in the emails highlighting those gifts, and apologize if that was missed. Our additional apologies for your frustration with our inventory. Like many other companies, COVID-19 has impacted almost all third party brands that we offer, including our own Grove Co. Brand. Access to materials to create products, as well as the labor force health restrictions have created difficulties across the board, but we're doing our best to keep our community stocked with the essentials they need while also being mindful of the significant impact this pandemic has had on so many in our industry.

chrisp945
July 9th, 2020

At first I was very pleased with the service. My packages would show up quickly and all items were in the box. My last 3 shipments have been missing items. My current box was shipped on June 25th and I still have not received it (today is 7/9). If you are ordering a product because you are getting low, don't wait too long because you'll run out before your box shows up. Very disappointing.

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Oh no! We're so sorry to hear about your recent troubles with your shipments, Chris.

We aim for efficient and thoughtful shipping practices and are sad to see that we've missed the mark this time. This is certainly not up to our Grove standards.

Please reach out to us at reviewsupport@grove.co and we would be happy to take a look into your account to provide some information on your missing items and your current shipment.

andrej57
June 23rd, 2020

Reviewing Dispensaries really comes down the what the Buyer brings to the table. You learn a lot about yourself in these trials of heightened awareness over a Pandemic crisis, and your means of coping. It helps to religiously adhere to your own personal preferences without budging (if your a stickler) so that YOU are not disappointed when you leave. You Know what You want! Can't blame the seller. Even if your ideas gets shrouded in overcorrecting. If they don't have what you want, don't necessarily venture up that road of chance~ Go Somewhere Else. They'll have what you want... Or wait! I can now find closure in bringing these attentions to us all! Peace, The Grove...

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience, Andre. We really appreciate it!

Hearing from customers like you is what helps us to continue to improve and grow so that we can provide you with the highest level of service and quality products. We always welcome feedback from our Grove community.

nancyp939
July 18th, 2020

I've been very pleased with all of the Grove products I've tried and I find their service is as good as the current Corona virus situation allows. What I mean is that sometimes certain products might not be available due to excessive demand, which I completely understand. Otherwise, the company is very good about saying what and when they will ship and my shipments arrive on time. I had trouble with the contents of one rather large order right when the pandemic was throwing everything off track in April, but Grove was really good about correcting all of my issues and I haven't had problems since.

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Thanks so much for choosing Grove for your home, Nancy! We're happy to have you as a part of the community.

We are glad to hear that our services are working for you and your household, and will be sure to pass your valuable feedback along to the warehouses and teams!

sandrab1299
April 3rd, 2020

They take your money, supposedly ship products (not in a timely manner) then update the account as it was delivered but it was not!
I did not get the products but they answered my emails promising they will ship and then disappear again. Just terrible!

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and want to offer you the best user experience possible, Sandra.

We greatly apologize for the issues with receiving your order. This is not up to our Grove standards nor our norm. We certainly want you to receive your items.

If you wouldn't mind reaching out to us at reviewsupport@grove.co, we'd be happy to take another look into this for you and get this taken care of for you.

rossb203
July 22nd, 2020

I have been a customer of Grove Collaborative for almost two years and never had a problem until the pandemic started. For the last several months, my order did not meet their odious minimum requirements for VIP members. Usually this was because they were out of a product. Numerous inquiries with Customer Service proved to be totally fruitless. I even received an eMail saying they were lowering the minimum requirement, but that turned out to be a lie. My current order was a couple dollars below the minimum and once again they refused to ship it, even though I sent several requests. Banks, credit card companies and even landlords are willing to work with customers/tenants during these difficult times, but not Grove. SHAME ON THEM! I have cancelled my account and am posting this to warn other prospective customers. Most of the brand name products they offer can be found cheaper at other retailers (Amazon, Target, Walmart). As other reviewers have said, terrible customer service - be warned. Goodbye Grove

Grove C. – Grove Rep

We are saddened to hear about your poor experience with us, Ross.

We always welcome feedback from our Grove community to help us grow and improve. If we can provide any clarity about our order minimums or answer any questions about how they relate to our sustainable shipping policies, please feel free to reach out at support@grove.co.It is our top priority to get these highly demanded essentials to our community.

cliffw42
May 9th, 2020

I was double charged accidentally and when I tried (within minutes) to cancel one of the orders I was told they could not cancel it because the warehouse already had the orders. I cancelled my membership and account, I was then charged the following month. Terrible company. Terrible service. They do seem good products but just buy them from amazon and save the hassle. FYI they will always promote crap you do not want, buyer beware

Grove C. – Grove Rep

We are saddened to hear about your poor experience with us, Cliff. This is certainly not the time we want for you to have while shopping with Grove and we greatly apologize if we dropped the ball this time.

Please reach out to us at reviewsupport@grove.co and we would be happy to take a look into your interaction with our team and help get any additional issues resolved for you.

christ483
January 29th, 2020

Grove.co is a total scam. They lure you in with a great first offering and then make it impossible to cancel afterwards. This company is like a timeshare for cleaning products... Buyers Beware!

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Thank you for the review, Chris.

We are so sorry to hear that Grove was not right for your household. We understand that every home is different and has different needs.

We apologize for the difficulties you've had while trying to cancel your services with us. This is not the experience we want our customers to have and we completely understand your frustration.

If this has not been resolved for you yet, please reach out to us at support@grove.co and we would be happy to assist.

marya1563
May 5th, 2020

Don't know how to review because the items haven't been received yet as far as I know. I sent them to my Daughter

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Thank you so much for letting us know, Mary.

If you are having concerns regarding your daughter receiving her order, please reach out to us at reviewsupport@grove.co. We'd be happy to take a look into that for you.

If there is anything else we can help with, just let us know!

Grove C. – Grove Rep

Thank you for letting us know, Mary!

If you having concerns about your daughter receiving her order, please reach out to us at reviewsupport@grove.co. We'd be happy to take a look into that for you.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. We're always here for you!

Team Grove

Grove Collaborative is a legit company. We are a certified B Corporation and can be located in their online directory.

By Grove C.,