Hampton Lovett UK

Hampton Lovett UK has a consumer rating of 3.55 stars from 98 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Hampton Lovett UK most frequently mention business rates, rateable value and thanks guys.Hampton Lovett UK ranks 15th among Business Services Other sites.

This company does not typically respond to reviews

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 18.2%

• The reduction was accepted and now I'm a part of the reduced business rates teams.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Hampton Lovett UK?

“Great experience”

Julie M.
8/31/20

On behalf of BSB Transport Limited John and myself would definitely recommend Hampton Lovett Consultants to act on behalf of any company regarding business rates, not only were the services professional and smooth running, we had a result within 2 months of starting the whole process. Hampton Lovett managed to get Land we had acquired from a rateable value of £37,500 to being now delisted and exempt from business rates. A very stress free financial result for the company.

“Spamming Company DO NOT TRUST a company that spams”

Stuart B.
1/29/21

Hampton Lovett Consultant Surveyors Ltd just started to Spam me about 25% off rates, I have never had contact or done business with Hampton Lovett Consultant Surveyors Ltd. Never trust a company that spams, first its a fail on GDPR and second I always say Spammers are Scammers. Looking at the reviews this company have been spamming for over 2 years and still have not learned its against the law to spam people on personal email address's I will be reporting this to the ICO: Information Commissioner's Office

business rates (24)
karenc2958
May 26th, 2022

This is a warning to any small business. Do not sign any documents regarding re claim of business rates. This company are bad news

omarip1
August 19th, 2020

DO NOT ACCEPT FREE SURVEY: WARNING SCAM ALERT- HAMPTON LOVETT CONSULTANTS PREYS ON SMALL COMPANIES! This company is incredibly eager to hard sell you assurances of reduced business rates and separate you from your money push you into signing a contract with no intention of assisting you. We were even advised by the surveyor that it was a government incentive. Spoke to one of the customer service team today in regards to the contract being void and mis sold and was told my bailiffs would be sent to my premises if the full amount wasn't paid. After heading to the office in Covent Garden to speak to the director of the company, I was advised the address was just a letter corresponding address. We will make our voices heard through complaints to the financial ombudsman, trading standard, review websites and a quick trip to small claims court to recoup our losses as many others have done. A FACELESS COMPANY THAT WILL SHAKE YOU DOWN FOR EVER PENNY. - CHECK THE REVIEWS ON THE INTERNET AND MAKE A CLAIM AT SMALL CLAIMS COURT IF YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN SCAMMED.

davei60
April 10th, 2019

Same as the rest. Lies regarding how strong a case we had, how we'd make a huge saving. Pressurised into signing and parting with a load of cash. The bad feedback is starting to pile up, and can't be hidden by all the surprisingly similar '5 star reviews'. They'll crash and burn soon, just like the linked *, and come back under a new name to rip off the next lot of mugs.

*Personal information redacted by admin

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

Dave, thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experiences. Please contact us directly so we can discuss your concerns with a view to resolving them.
We can be contacted by telephone on 0203 949 5554 or by emailing chris@hampton-lovett.co.uk.

yongfuj
July 15th, 2020

I have just experienced the same thing as Rena (please find it on the other reviews) had. I wish I had a chance to read this review before I have allowed them to do the so called "FREE assessment". Now I am facing a bailiff's unpleasant visit and a debt of over 2000. I contacted Hampton Lovett right after receiving the letter from DCBL which asked me to paid for the Administrative Fee for Non-Domestic Rates Review in March, but with no response from HL.

Today, the bailiff paid us a visit before we came to work. A letter sticked on the door to tell us to call them to discuss the matter, but giving no reason. I spent 10 minutes to find out what it is about. I then went on line to check the reviews on Hampton Lovett, and now I cannot tell how much I regret that I didn't do any research on this con company before I signed the FREE assessment paperwork.

I just want to tell anyone who is lucky enough to see this message: Please say no to them, avoid them and don't sign any paperwork, or otherwise you will be deeply regret!

stevend608
March 19th, 2020

Promised everything and delivered nothing, only wanted to take money and then they dont want to know.

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

Steven, I am disappointed that you are disatisfied with the service received and a message has been sent via this website this morning.
Please respond so we can work towards resolving your concerns.

alisonc183
April 16th, 2021

I would like to thank them for their help in achieving a fantastic result in reducing our business rates. I would have no hesitation in recommending this company.

maggiec45
January 31st, 2019

We paid this company a considerable amount of money on the promise that would secure a rate reduction for us. After they came in to do a review, we heard very little from them. We constantly chased them and were fobbed off each time. Months later, we finally have a decision and it's no surprise that we have been told we will not get a rate reduction. These guys are a sham of a company and their only interest is to take your money. Do not use.

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

Maggie, we have messaged you privately on 12th February 2019 asking you to contact us so we could discuss your concerns, but have never received a response to that request.

The Company takes pride in delivering the highest standards of service to our clients, though we recognise that we do not always acheive the high standards we set for ourselves. When this happens it is important to us to understand how our customers expectations have not been met, so we can learn from their experience and improve the way in which we deliver our services.

It is disappointing that you have not contacted us. With over 5,000 properties in our client portfolio it can sometimes be impossible to identify an individual from the information made available by Sitejabber.

We want to understand where your concerns have arised from - whether it relates to the service received, the way in which it has been delivered or if there has been some degree of miscommunication that needs correcting.

Our offer to discuss this matter with you remains open. Please send us a message via this site with your company name, business address or other information that will enable us to identify your business.

denisb254
August 21st, 2020

As long as I've worked here (a university), an email has arrived about once a week from HL (from a wide selection of probably-made-up names) about the business rates for a dentist elsewhere in the city. The dentist isn't owned by the university, or associated with it. The address being written to isn't that of a human, it's a mailing list for ordering lab supplies. Doing even the slightest bit of research (in the way you might if this wasn't just automated spam) would show the email address is for a bit of the university that has nothing to do with dentistry. The email comes via Emailmovers, who are pretty notorious spammers, and this is all it is; they've bought a list of harvested email addresses that no-one's doing anything to check for accuracy.

Don't buy from spammers.

lindseyl51
November 15th, 2019

Customer service was a bit hit and miss at times - seemed to be an issue with staff absence and sickness. However, I was paying for a chat line, and they did get a big discount in the rates on my veterinary practice.

This has made a big difference to us as a business, and I am happy with what Hampton Lovett have done.

It does seem as though there is a lot of hate out there for this company, but I have to say that my experience is not the same as others on here.

As I said earlier, I did have a grumble about the customer service - and a man called up and apologised immediately and made assurances I would be contacted with answers within 24 hours. This was done.

In itself that is good customer service.

Looking at how many people are complaining on here I do wonder why they have never responded to the request for contacting the MD?

Great result, ok service, not bad at all.

renar11
April 23rd, 2019

Had representative visit my office and lying about FREE assessment. Was on my own in office with customers while Hampton-Lovett representative came in and started to pressure me to sign for this FREE assessment. To say the least I felt under pressure while dealing with customers and phone ringing to sign it. What a mistake. Week later received an invoice for over £1000 for their survey (which never took place). I refused to pay upon which they decided to take me to court.

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

Rena, we messaged you privately on 4th July 2019 asking you to contact us so we could discuss your concerns, but have never received a response to that request.

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

Rena, as before we are happy to discuss this matter with you, and our offer remains open. Please send us a message via this site with your company name, business address or other information that will enable us to identify your business.

johns5026
November 18th, 2019

Worse company to deal with ever.

Full of promises but are actually scammers!

Avoid at all costs as they won't deliver what is agreed. All they want is your hard earned money.

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

John, we requested information from you on 28th January 2020 requesting information to help us identify you amongst our client portfolio but we have still not received this and are, therefore, unable to provide a full response to your concerns.

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

John, we would still welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter with you.

stephenm2018
January 4th, 2022

I commissioned this company to handle my rate review on the understanding that there was a provision within the contract that if they didn't win they would rebat the fee payable. The first problem was this privission wasn't in the contract after emailing I received mail to say it was an oversight and it was now included, the contract was never revised/re-issued. All I got was an endless amount of telephone calls to my personal mobile number requesting the invoice was paid as they couldn't proceed before this was done, even when requested to stop using this number, the calls just kept coming, to the point I started to question the professionalism of this company and it the whole thing was some sort of scam. Ater days of endless harassment, I had enough and requested the cancellation of the process as this was pressure selling at its worse. I have never experienced anything like it, they took to using different landline and mobile numbers and and even when requested "very firmly" that they should cease using my mobile number and use the landline, the calls just kept coming. Now the demand for payment in full and the threats of legal action have started. Beware working with this company and never give them your personal mobile number.

sharronb29
May 22nd, 2021

I was sent unlimited emails stating that I was entitled to a rebate. I thought that the money would come in handy as Covid-19 was a worry for me and my business
Lee met me at my salon and spent minutes taking a brief look around. He then informed me that I was paying way over and would definitely get a rebate of at least £5000
He told me to sign a document so he could then look into it further for me.
No mention of terms and conditions or that I was signing a contract. Lee knew I hadn't read the document nor could as I didn't have my glasses. This didn't phase him at all

A couple of days later I was informed me that the business rates were right for my premises and I should not have even been approached by this company! I called them to inform them that I didn't want to go ahead only to be told that I had signed an official contract and had to pay £600 I couldn't believe it!

I was hounded by a lady called Louisa I told her what had happened and she said she would investigate. This clearly did not happen
They should never have approached me and I believe that they just send emails to innocent people like myself trapping them. Then threatening people until they pay!

I have found out that this company are a set of cowboys with bully boy tactics

robertg1135
December 16th, 2019

Do not deal with this company. They assured us that we stood an excellent chance of a rate reduction. I had to chase them for progress. I then called the Rates Office to discover that they missed a crucial deadline to submit, and that their case never stood a chance of success.

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

Robert, sent you a privately message on on 28th January 2020 asking you to contact ius so we could discuss your concerns, but have never received a response to that request.

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

Robert, our offer to discuss this matter with you remains open. Please send us a message via this site with your company name, business address or other information that will enable us to identify your business.

alastairb6
August 13th, 2020

LISKEARD MOT CENTRE - LISKEARD IN CORNWALL - we wrote an honest review yesterday but it seems to have completely disappeared stating that it was against trust pilot guidelines? Please replace - i was called by the director of the company * who asked if i would remove the review - i said no i wouldnt remove it as we had written an open and honest review about our total dissatisfaction of how our appeal has taken so long to be dealt with - but this morning it appears to have been removed. I didnt write anything that was against any policy but how do these things get removed? Please put my review back on so other potential customers can get a frank and transparent take on our true experience of this process. We are a small business wanting any money we are due quickly as we have been affected by the virus - if anyone else out there is looking to get money back via this company - please think twice as its not quick and easy and you will be told many different stories about when your claim will be finalised. I AM VERY CONCERNED ABOUT REVIEWS BEING REMOVED. Look at other reviews that have been removed and question why - it is pointless having a review system if people arent able to state their experience. As i said to * we are not the kind of people to complain - if we went into a restaurant and had an unsatisfactory meal we just simply wouldnt return - however this is a business where you invest a considerable sum up front and everyone is attentive at the start - but BEWARE your case will not be dealt with quickly, we have been told it will be October 20 before we POSSIBLY hear anything and this case was started around the same time last year! I wonder if this review will be removed also? 01579 324888 genuine case and genuine hard working people in a small family run business.

*Personal information redacted by admin

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

Alastair, the review to which you refer has been posted on Trustpilot and is being moderated as it contained personal details.
I have spoken to Maria Carnell and relayed the exact infromation that was given to me by the Valuation Officer who I spoke with regarding your case, which is that they cannot confirm when your specific case will be concluded.

The timeframes for appeals do vary, which is frustrating because we have always given the VOA's published timeframes for concluding cases as a guideline.

Whereas many cases will conclude within that period, there will be exceptions and I fully understand the frustration that this causes. Whereas it is difficult to accept negative feedback as a result of a delay at the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) I do appreciate your disatisfaction and I have explained to Maria that we are taking all reasonable steps to attempt motivating the VOA to conclude matters, or at the very least provide us with a more concrete timeframe, for you.

julesr22
April 10th, 2019

Based upon my experience, I agree with every negative review regarding this company and fundamentally disagree with every positive comment. I was told that we were heavily overpaying rates and were due a large reduction. Made a large payment to Hampton Lovett, had surveys that apparently supported the sales pitch, however upon inspection by the council, we have had our rates slightly increased. Of course I have had endless promises regarding the next rating period which they will contest on my behalf when I have confronted them, etc, etc. I will not hold my breath. Not good to build a business on the back of lies and misinformation!

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

Jules, we messaged you privately on 15th April 2019 asking you to contact us so we could discuss your concerns, but have never received a response to that request.

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

Jules, our offer to discuss this matter with you remains open. Please send us a message via this site with your company name, business address or other information that will enable us to identify your business.

janeg587
January 10th, 2022

This firm contacted me the week after my husband died, and I signed a contract with them under a false impression of their service. As soon as I realised my mistake I told them immediately, and advised I did not require them to do the work. Even though they have done no work they are continuing to harrass me for breach of contract for work I do not, and did not, require them to do. If this is how they get their work I suggest its best to keep away from them, there are much more ethical and reasonable firms who do not need to bully clients into paying for work they do not need or want.

stuartb373
January 29th, 2021

I will be reporting this to the ICO: Information Commissioner's Office

jakew122
November 15th, 2019

Hampton Lovett contacted me yesterday and advised that the valuation of my property had been reduced - and this was confirmed by and email from the VAO 20 minutes later. I've checked the reduction and the savings made, and I am delighted that I have saved a considerable amount of money by using their service.

I have been contacted by the Director of Hampton Lovett today, to thank me for my business - which is a nice touch.

It did take a while to get the appeal complete, but he has explained the process and I can see why. I am surprised by the bad reviews on here - especially when other review sites are generally positive.

seans691
April 22nd, 2021

Chance are you've landed here having Googled Hampton Lovett Consultant Surveyors Ltd after receiving one of their unsolicited emails.

They've clearly obtained a mailing list from a disreputable source that generates "likely" email addresses by combining directors' and company names. This is also a technique frequently used by spear-phishing organisations, that attempt to deceive and defraud companies by targeting senior executives.

It's unclear whether they're simply clueless, or shady and disreputable - either way they're best kept at arm's length. Probably also worth dropping a line to the ICO, as they're clearly in breach of many data protection regulations.

Avoid. They're spammers.

None. They're spammers.

johnh5612
August 13th, 2021

This RICS member firm repeatedly sends my company (and I understand a host of other registered companies based at the regional office of the company's chartered accountants incessant spam emails regarding business rates - it is not only contravening The Data Protection Act 2018 but is unlawful, unprofessional and not in accordance with RICS professional Codes of Conduct. The company and its activities together with that of B2B Digital Group Limited whom they are using to undertake these activities are being reported in writing to the London Trading Standards (LTS), the Information Commissioners Office (ICO as at August 16th 2021.

Beware of incessant spam email communication from Hampton Lovett or their digital marketing company B2B Digital Group Ltd.

geoffreyt27
November 24th, 2020

We received an assessment setting out how we would receive a substantial rates repayment and we paid for them to take the case forward that has recently been categorically turned down as not valid. We had to wait nearly 18 months for the appeal which is also very suspicious. Dont use this company they are liars!

simonp225
September 16th, 2021

Send spam emails regarding a company that exists but for an address that has nothing to do with that company - in fact 50 or so miles from where the company is. Claims rating assessment has "alarming inaccuracies" (for a rating which does not exist) and sets very tight end of month deadline to try and get you to respond. Complete scammer approach and seems to be totally unaware of data protection rules.

aa286
September 24th, 2021

They are Scammers and Liars. We had dealings with them and after taking money and 18 months of lies they had done nothing and claimed that our rates were right and can not be reduced. We resorted to legal action to get our money back. We have been recently receiving communication from them regarding Rates reduction due to covid etc.The address they refer to that they want to reduce the rate for us is not on the rating list. Avoid them

marcj64
February 10th, 2020

Avoid these people at all costs. They gave us a categorical assurance that they could achieve a reduction to our business rates after we had a visit from one of their "surveyors" We paid an equivalent of one months business rates, a fee of £6.500 yet after months of chasing, we received a letter saying that what they had originally told us in the initial survey before we had paid was in fact completely untrue. We were further told that we were not eligible for a refund because of the work that had been done by the Survey department. Terrible con!

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

Marc, I have sent an email to you this morning which I hope will clarify matters for you. The reality of the situation is that your appeal is still being prepared for escalation to the Challenge stage of the Valuation Office Agency's (VOA) appeal process.

Because of the way in which the appeal process works, there are occassions when several initial proposals need to be submitted to the VOA before escalating the case to the Challenge stage of the process.

Having taken the opportunity to review your file it appears that there has been some miscommunication that has resulted in your comments above. I sincerely apologise for this.

More information is contained in the email I have sent this morning.

Chris G. – Hampton Lovett UK Rep

Our offer to discuss this matter with you remains open, Marc. I have emailled you and called the company this week, but have not yet heard from you.

Marc,

I have sent you an email today, and messaged you via this platform to advise that your appeal is currently still at the Challenge Stage of the Appeal process, having been lodged in late June 2020. We are waiting for the Valuation Office Agency(VOA) to respond. Confiirmation from the VOA’s CCA service has also been sent to confirm the submission has been made.

As mentioned previously, recent changes that have been announced concerning the current rating period have meant that we have been reviewing all of the properties in our portfolio to establish the scope for submitting further proposals with a view to securing the available reductions.

Customer satisfaction is extremely important to Hampton Lovett, and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you and identify how we can restore our relationship and move forward in a positive manner.

Paul, please feel free to contact us with any concerns that you have regarding Hampton Lovett. We want to learn about the experiences of prospective and existing clients so we can understand any improvements that we can make to deliver our services in the best possible way. For the record, the Company is legitimate. We are aware that there are some detrimental comments posted online and we have contacted the individuals who have posted them in order to resolve their concerns.

See more answers (11)

Not Honest at all. They have no intention of doing what they promise you and only want your money.

By A A.
See more answers (6)

Bob, please accept our apologies for the delayed response. Please contact us with any concerns that you have regarding the service received.