We’re in this together! Stay safe with our COVID-19 guide

View
×
Developed in part with a grant from
the National Science Foundation

Kiva

Kiva has a consumer rating of 4 stars from 4 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Kiva ranks 7th among Crowd Funding sites.

How would you rate Kiva?

“Kiva works”

Colette C.
2/26/15

I have made micro loans to KIVA & it feels so good to help people. Some of the requests are bigger but your money is pooled with other small amounts to make up the larger amount. I always got my money back and just re-invested it. It's amazing amounts so small can change people's whole life.

“Fraud!”

David D.
4/13/16

Never heard of this charitable organization until 2 of my credit cards were charged by them. These were never authorized by me & it appeared under the guise of Paypal on my statements. Website says they are located in San Fransisco & Nairobi. Phone number is from North Carolina. The only charity they are helping is themselves. Fraud, Fraud, Fraud!

davidd218
April 13th, 2016
colettec2
February 26th, 2015
mauriec
March 19th, 2014
These folks are in the business of setting up micro-financing to help folks all over the world who want to improve they lives by starting, expanding or improving a business, getting an education, improving their homes, etc. A very small added fee ($3.25) for a $25.00 loan is all the "Administration fee that doesn't go to the borrower. AS the borrower pays back the money you can re-lend it to another borrower, donate it to KIVA operations or have it refunded to you. Since there are many lenders whose money is pooled for the loan there risk is small. I have made over 125 loans over the past several years and only had a couple of defaults. This is a great way to help other help themselves--not a hand out by a helping hand that preserves the dignity of the folks receiving the help.
briang
August 4th, 2010
Kiva is a reputable organization that enables microloans to deserving people worldwide. They've had a positive and meaningful impact on many people... and their gift certificates can be great gifts for kids and people who already have everything they need.

Questions? Get answers from the Kiva staff and other customers.

Make a loan to an entrepreneur across the globe for as little as $25. Kiva is the world's first online lending platform connecting online lenders to entrepreneurs across the globe.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kiva?

Have a question about Kiva?