Melaninful

Better Business Bureau
1 / 5

Melaninful has a consumer rating of 2.77 stars from 94 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Melaninful most frequently mention customer service and tracking number problems. Melaninful ranks 102nd among Gifts Other sites.

No positive highlights yet

• IF in fact you are a Black owned company, SHAME ON YOU!
  • They don't give a phone number or call you to discuss the problem.
How would you rate Melaninful?

“Really like this company and love their product!”

Cavill H.
8/4/21

I ordered the Huey hoodies for me and my sons 3 weeks ago, it takes a little bit long but it's worth the waiting. We love the hoodies so so much. My son wears it all the time and he received nothing else but compliments. The fabric is SOOOOOO soft and we really like it. The company's service was so nice and helpful; they solve things through emails quite quick. Highly recommended!

“Good quality puzzle”

Ash A.
6/16/20

But the box was bent out of shape when it arrived because it was placed in a bag to be shipped. Also, the puzzle was almost completely put together. It took me about 20 minutes to take it apart. I expected more, especially since the puzzle was $60. The company definitely isn't black owned either. I would simply save my dollars if I were you. I will not be supporting this business any further.

company (29) phone number (5) order (37)
cavillh
August 4th, 2021

Carefully look up to your size in the size chart

Hoodie

whitneys86
June 8th, 2020

I placed my order in March for Mother's Day. My order never came. They are still giving me the run around and no refund. I got an update from Fedex saying they haven't received any shipping information since the label was created so my shipping label and tracking number has expired due to it being over 30 days. This is ridiculous, and I'm upset because that's $80 that I can't get back. Not to mention I've had to buy 2 new gifts after being scammed out of my $80. If you have any common sense you'd listen to these reviews and not purchase from these SCAM ARTISTS!

andersonk20
January 19th, 2021

I am very happy with my order. Nice designs, good quality. Delivery took quite long but I received the products anyway and they're awesome.

wall canvas

kyronem
January 23rd, 2021

I just love them! From the way their stuff is designed, produced, and even customized, to the way they got me in touch. I saw some complaining that it takes quite long for delivery, but it's absolutely fine for me :))

All-over hoodie, shorts, bedding set

renatas17
August 28th, 2020

For starters customer service is everything and there's sucks. This company's responses to my emails were very rude and unprofessional. The order takes forever to ship and even longer to get a tracking number. Clothes are very cheap in quality and run extremely small. If your item does not fit you have just wasted your money. They don't offer any returns or exchanges. I'll never shop here again!

asha37
June 16th, 2020

deniseg334
June 22nd, 2020

I looked for a particular t shirt and found this melaninful website with the merchandise I was looking for. I quickly ordered the t shirt, noticed a disclaimer that I had 24 hrs to cancel the order, and then, because I had never heard of this company, decided to research the company to make sure it wasn't a scam. I know I should have done so before ordering, but better late than never, right? Upon reading all of the negative reviews, most notably that this website is a scam, I de idea to immediately email the vendor to cancel my order. I received an email from Tashard that I could not cancel because the order had already been processed. I was very angry and said that I was gonna fight this and report him. I received an email from Tashard about 15 days after ordering stating that my order had been ship, if I dont receive it, it is because it had been lost, we are not a scam, etc. That made me even more suspicious because I have never received an email from a vendor ensuring me that they weren't a scam, why would they need to do that? Anyway, on June 20, I received my order... 15bdays after ordering and I'm pretty satisfied with the shirt. It was what I was expecting. I was very concerned after reading the reviews, but I did receive the merchandise as ordered. Now, I cant say that I would order from this vendor again because I may have just gotten lucky. The picture posted is after I had already worn it and put it away in an overcrowded drawer. It didnt arrive wrinkled.

janetc15
May 12th, 2021

This website is a scam website. Their address in USA is a fake. It's the same address being used by the parent company for another brand called Lit Activewear. Both Chinese drop shipping websites selling horrible quality products. I'm very disappointed that these people have the nerves to create and fake a black-owned business and then profit off the movement and the black community. It's so messed up to the point where no one should support this type of shadiness. Stay away!

makitaw
December 8th, 2020

DO NOT waste your money. This is low quality, too small clothes that are clearly not custom made nor actual fabric! You can buy the same stuff for $10 at any hood swap meet or beauty supply store! And you can't return any of it.

robynm159
November 13th, 2020

Although it arrived quickly, I was unhappy with my purchase and the company offers no exchanges. Poor customer service.

ninas144
June 12th, 2020

I waited for two months for this crap that came from China NOT Chicago. Horrible quality. SCAMMERS

ebonyt11
June 10th, 2020

I bought this journal as a birthday gift for my beloved daughter and she loved it. Definitely will buy more!

roslynj4
June 8th, 2020

I have been waiting over a month for 2 sweatshirts. I have received emails from the company with a tracking number that says my items have been in New York City for a few weeks. I filed a dispute with PayPal because these shirts cost $138.00. It's a sham that people will scam you when you offer your support. Never again will I order from a site that's advertised on social media.

christopherv178
July 11th, 2020

If I can give a negative star I would. I ordered a shirt from this company an have yet to. Receive a valid update on my purchase. There is no telephone number to speak to anyone about my purchase. I do not recommend anyone order anything from this organization. I'm in the process of trying to get my refund back. My order continues to change with information received. I just want my money back.

martinw215
June 10th, 2020

I ordered 5 items from Melaninful over 3 separate orders. I received 2 of the 5 items. Tracking information said I had. I notified the company and received a response from Tashard telling me to check my mailbox. I responded saying that I had and had also been to my servicing post office. We exchanged several emails (he ignored my request for a phone number) with him continuing to tell me to check my mailbox. Mind you, one of the items I purchased was a rug WHICH WON'T FIT IN A MAILBOX. The tracker for the rug says it was delivered by San Francisco Express. It doesn't say to where. Please note that I live in Las Vegas. I brought up that point. Response again was to check my mailbox. The rug was supposed to be a birthday gift for the leader of my group where one of our objectives is to promote supporting black businesses. Go figure.

rodneyj109
February 24th, 2021

I fell for this Malcolm X hoodie, ordered and it received after 3 weeks (because it is made-to-order as claimed on their site). Very comfortable. It just gives kinda feeling of pride. Support black culture!

Check out the size chart before ordering

All over hoodie

jayr610
August 10th, 2021

Just ordered a hoodie 2 weeks ago and got it yesterday. The material is comfortable and warm, the design is def fire. Two weeks for shipping is not so long but the company still emailed to notify me with late delivery due to pandemic. I'm satisfied with this purchase. Come back later and highly recommend!

Nothing

Hoodie

symoned2
September 11th, 2020

I ordered a tshirt for my girlfriend from here My thoughts on the experience:
- The shirt came after a month and some change
- I did not receive a tracking code until towards the end of that time frame, and it was not that informative, nor was the anticipated date of delivery accurate (delivery provider was DHL)
- We did get the tshirt, and it was as shown! The material is top notch and we both loved it so much, that I ordered the same design in cropped hoodie form just now

NOTE: Although they sell themselves as a black owned company from Detroit, I HIGHLY doubt this, as when I ordered via PayPal, I received a notification saying that an order just went through for company "ACTIO PTE. LTD.".

If you look this up, it's a Singapore owned company with multiple incorporations, a majority internet business related. See here: https://www.sgpbusiness.com/company/Actio-Pte-Ltd

carriet131
May 7th, 2021

Looking for my last African 2 legging black and beige. Then I will take pictures in all of my items at the same time and summit.
So far I have loved everything I've purchased.

They have various sizes for you.

dannyb263
July 31st, 2020

I kind of impulse-bought a pair of shorts from their site. I came here and saw all the negative press as well as on their Instagram page so I decided to just cancel my order and get a refund. I anticipated a bunch of road blocks and poor correspondence (as has been the case with many people according to reviews here and elsewhere), but no. I simply sent an email requesting cancellation and a refund and they promptly responded and sent my money back within the same day.

robertf2379
December 19th, 2021

I ordered some sweatshirts which was a horrible mistakes. They were very light with thin material. The 3XL fit like a med. Beware this is a Chinese Company lying to Black people that it is Black Owned. The product takes about 2 months to arrive from China. There is a No Return Policy on these horrible over priced products.

hoodie

katyam5
July 23rd, 2020

Do not purchase anything from this place. They would leave you on waiting for months. They are taking their products from a third party place and the quality is horrible. Besides, they are actually an asian owned clothing place and the owner is Vietnamese not black. They are making coins by appropriating our culture and does not even have a black model. They are disgusting vultures, DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM.

smithk49
October 2nd, 2020

Just bought some hoodies and joggers from July, find out they are good company which provide good products with great quality. I saw very much complaints about this business, though i saw your problem but i can not beleive. In my opinion, you guys may be not careful or too impatient for them to deliver the products. I am going to get some more and beleive this company is the one that help me recall my love for my people - the African.

patriciab2025
January 3rd, 2022

This was my first time ordering from this company. No customer service, I have not been able to receive my items ordered in November for Christmas and its January now! When they do email you back they provide an automated response with a DHL tracking number that does not exist. It is a shame that they refuse to talk to you or refund your purchase. I have been contacting them almost daily after not receiving my items shortly before Christmas. The least they could do if they were a real company is contact the customer with specific details like every other company. Receiving the same automated email with false information is an insult when you try to support a small business. Save your money, don't order from them!

This may not be a real company, I am still trying to get a refund for items they did not send to me

pattib195
April 4th, 2021

I have ordered two sweat suits. I love them both. No, it isn't Black owned but I like their products. It takes a little longer to receive but they do provide adequate communication on the status.

Be patient.

Two jogging suits

This is not a black-owned company. They are based in Vietnam and their employees are all Vietnamese. They dont even have a black model for their products as you can see on their instagram. Their foudner is a vietnamese man and they are scamming and making profit using our culture

By Tracy O.