Nitrado

Nitrado has a consumer rating of 3.3 stars from 91 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Nitrado ranks 7th among Server sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 15 hours

No positive highlights yet

• I went to order an ark server with 4 slots because the option was there and the price was at 5.75 cad.
How would you rate Nitrado?

“Customer support”

Thomas H.
12/27/20

I am renting a server at nitrado to host an ark server. We have done several changes and managed to make a boo boo. Contacted customer support and Alejandro Chavez was assigned to help me. He provided excellent help to me. And our server is now back to full normal status. I'm very happy with this server host, and the support they provide. I also want to say this has been resolved so quickly, and that has been during Christmas holidays!

“Worst Server Host”

Adam L.
10/2/21

Thousands of us play Bohemia's DAYZ custom servers. They're always going down. Ever wondered why there's so much LAG on your DAYZ server? It's due to the incapabilities of Nitrado Hosting. Petition Bohemia to change their Hosts. There's 100's of Hosting companies out there that do a much better job. Nitrado monopolise and are only interested in the money. Gamers just want a decent experience and value for money.

server (27)
adaml723
October 2nd, 2021

Thousands of us play Bohemia's DAYZ custom servers. They're always going down.
Gamers just want a decent experience and value for money.

Don’t bother paying a penny. Petition Bohemia and Nitrado on Change.org.

Community Servers

Hello!

I'm sorry to find out your experience was not good.

We are mostly interested in providing a great experience to all users who use our services.

If you'd be so kind to provide your contact information I'd be able to offer additional insight on what might be happening to your services and offer a proper resolution.

Let us know if you'd wish us to continue investigating this,

We'll patiently await your reply.

Alex

mattk199
January 21st, 2020

After having repeated hardware problems on my small server, causing my clients to disconnect for extended periods of time, I raised a support ticket along with two replies that provided additional information such as crash logs and timings etc. This ticket was removed from my support interface (although the interface still told me I had open tickets in a big red warning at the top) and nobody ever responded to me beyond the initial automated email confirming they had received my ticket.

After two days of no response, I raised a further ticket to query why no-one had responded to my initial ticket. Again, an automated receipt email was received, but again, I received NO response and the open ticket disappeared from my interface the following day.

As someone who works with servers on an infrastructure level, I understand that hardware fails sometimes. This isn't an issue and this review is in no way in response to the rented server's performance. This review is purely aimed at the unprofessional and downright rude behaviour of support staff who apparently have no inclination towards interacting with their customers.

rickym180
December 9th, 2021

Purchased a server, Immediately after payment hit with a downtime message.

Not once prompted during signup was there a warning that there would be a downtime with the server I am about to purchase.

Support page does not respond on multiple browsers and devices with and or with out a VPN on multiple different networks.

Email ticket takes upto 24 hours for a response from support.

Just stick with AAA gameserver host's

Don't

Gameserver host

Hello Ricky,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we couldn't possibly have predicted that we would have an outage to warn you before your purchase. Our team is diligently working on restoring services back to their normal quality.

thomash1385
December 27th, 2020

I am renting a server at nitrado to host an ark server.
We have done several changes and managed to make a boo boo.

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear about your experience with Alejandro and we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about it. Please don't hesitate to let us know about any additional feedback or suggestions that you may have for us in the future.

ddjfjj
August 14th, 2021

Crashing, lagging, $#*! customer service, losing data, games not working, rendering is $#*!ed, actual gameplay is AIDS, $#*! fps, fps stuttering stopping then continue killing you or putting you in places you shouldn't be, theres not much else to complain about because the entire experience has been horrible. Do you're self a favor either dont buy nitrado or find a better service for less with better compatibility and performance so youre not complaining and getting pissed off when all of the above happens to you on their $#*! service.

Hello Ddjfj,

We truly apologize for any misunderstanding you had with what our services are for. Please be aware that we are a game server hosting provider, we don't really have any control on the game rendering nor the frames per-second performance of any game, it would be something that depends on the player's hardware, we neither work with the gameplay of the games, as we do not develop them, what we offer you is the service to host a dedicated server for many different games, in different platforms.

We can always give you assistance with any server related performance issues, if you could please elaborate on the issues you were experiencing on your server, we kindly invite you to get in contact with us through any of our different customer service channels, link below:

antonya21
August 5th, 2020

I'm new to the whole renting a server option but all I can say is, it works. It's not perfect but it works. Originally it was a pain to start up, even for a good computer it took about 2 days to finally start responding/allowing me to go into the stats and expert mode. Its choppy sometimes but it still run decently. Few bugs but if you got the patience for it try it out. Might be different for everyone.

Don't waste your money and time, Rent a real service from the ARK:Survival Actual Home page or a private server rental other than Nitrado, I've never had more trouble working with a 3rd party app than I had with this website and app.

Nitrado Pc and Xbox rental services for Ark: Survival Evolved

Hello Antony,

We appreciate the feedback of our customers very much. I would like to take a closer look at the process. I have sent you a private message so that we can look at the topic again together and find a solution together. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

danielm3121
January 6th, 2022

Tickets replied every other day if lucky 3 maps constantly down out of 8, our val crystal and island map, they don't seem to show much get go in tickets we've had to keep chasing them up, it really does feel like they'll reply when they feel like it, at this point we've decided not to increase days as we're essentially paying for maps that are down all day and night, it's a joke isn't it, we are literally paying for 3 maps that aren't active they aren't doing anything about it, this isn't just something that's happened over night it's been 2 months nobody from nitrado seems to have much information on what's happening or any real empathy for the fact people are paying for a service, they aren't providing

Hello Daniel,

We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some difficulties with a few of your services. We'd love to investigate the difficulties and look into why you feel like we aren't replying to your support requests. Can you please email us with your userID or other pertinent account information to reviews@nitrado.net so we may investigate?

petraf16
August 9th, 2021

I rented a server in hopes to get to play with me and my friends.
The most important custom settings were missing and we wanted to add the commands.
None of the official commands worked in game through the server.
When I contacted support about it, I got a lengthy condescending answer how that is not what support is for and to look into their forum.
In the forum my post got deleted because it was "answered" in another post from June 2020 - bwt it was not, the person in there gave up like me.
If you want a stable server, yes they are ok.
If you want customer service that is non existent, then this is perfect for you.
I found a better more user friendly competitor.
No refunds.
Choose wisely.

PixArk does not come with a full control panel and commands added to the config files are not functional within the game.

Hello Petra,

We truly apologize for the recent bad experience you had with our services.

We would really appreciate it if you could please specify to us which ones of the most important customer settings were missing, and if you could please give us an example of an in-game command not working, so then we can investigate more in-depth the issue you were experiencing and help you get it fixed.

Please be aware that we do refunds, just a few minutes after you requested for a refund, we started the process to refund the amount directly into your payment method.

We are eagerly awaiting to assist you further with your requests, please feel free to raise a new ticket, in the following link: https://support.nitrado.net/#/

Also, please have no hesitation to give us any further feedback or suggestions you might have in the future.

johannesl49
December 19th, 2021

After I bought my server I've only had issues (Space Engineers and Ark) Crashes, Server not responding, Rollbacks, Lag, Loosing worlds and progress and more. I will say the support is alright a bit slow but that's fine since they manage to fix most of my issues for a few hours before they appeared again.

Choose a different one if you can, or if can't I hope you get lucky since this apparently works for some people.

Space Engineers and Ark: Survival Evolved servers

Hello Johannes,

Thank you for giving us your feedback, we appreciate it.

We are sorry to see that you had all these issues with your services, and that they appeared again once previously fixed.

The issues you described are definitely not expected nor supposed to occur on our game servers, there is a resolution for all of them, and we can surely help you to get them fixed and prevent these from occurring as much as we can.

Please have no hesitation to reach us back through any of our support channels, so we investigate further the issues you have been experiencing to get them completely fixed:

We will never leave any issue unresolved nor unseen, and we can assure to you that we will always do all what is possible to help you in getting completely resolved any issue you could experience with our host service, also a compensation can be given to you, for any technical issues that could have temporarily prevented you from using your game server.

We appreciate your cooperation with us to give you assistance.

Sincerely,

bobi303
November 6th, 2021

My server is stuck in restart state. I contacted the support via ticket. The only answer he had for me was:

We can't do anything, time will solve your problem. WTF!
24 hours laters, my server is still not fixed. I lost a day of rental. I lost players.
Been renting server from them for too long. It's not the first time is happend over the past years.
Looking into a new server provider because I feel they only want the cheese and dont **** care about the customers.

Do you a favor and look somewhere else.

Nitrado R. – Nitrado Rep

Hello Bob! I'd like to personally take a look at this situation since I feel there might have been a misunderstanding within our interaction.
Unfortunately, I can't reach any account information with the data you've provided in your review.
If you'd be so kind to send us an additional E-mail with your information I'll personally make sure to get a proper resolution.

We apologize for your overall experience with this issue and thank you for your patience throughout it.
I'll patiently await your reply.

Alex.

anantapongl
February 17th, 2020

Servers are stuck in the status "restarting". A solution is already being worked on 4 day on my server and long time support reply

jwnerdn
June 25th, 2020

@*******@nitrado please guys don't rent from Nitrado. I have learned they are a freaking joke. And don't care about customer support one bit. Been waiting 2 days *******@*******@nitrado
Support ticket response because YET AGAIN my rented server is F'd up. I'm starting to get pissed off. F'ing A'Holes.

@Nitrado_EN @nitrado please guys don't rent from Nitrado. I have learned they are a freaking joke. And don't care about customer support one bit. Been waiting 2 days for @nitrado
@nitrado
support ticket response because YET AGAIN my rented server is F'd up. I'm starting to get pissed off. F'ing A'Holes.

Ark server

neek
July 15th, 2020

Purchased server. Doesn't work.

Contact Support: "game doesn't work we don't know when it will".

"Can I get my money back?"

"Please submit a ticket."

0/10 avoid

shawns421
October 21st, 2020

Nitrado has failed to provide service for multiple gaming servers. Originally we tried to host a 7 days to die server and it wiped, corrupted and was unable to replace. We switched to ARK hoping it was a fluke. That server was also corrupted and wiped 2 weeks in. Today we have experienced yet another customer support agent telling us that the server we have been using for funny enough, 2 weeks, is now corrupted and needs to be wiped/backed up to the beginning. I will never do business with this company again and hope no one else does. They also do not have professionals in their customer service. It takes way too long to hear back from them even in a live chat setting it can take up to 10 minutes for a response after they initially say "Hello, *customer name*". I have attached our most recent experience with their customer service showing that they fail to provide a functiional service yet again.

Stay away and find a reliable service with actual people that know how to host a server. Nitrado is restricted by how much they can assist with as their support has limited education in keeping up with maintenance and prevention.

ARK: Survival Evolved also had/has a contract with this company and the game fails to keep their customers happy due to constant server issues I would think are absolutely related to Nitrado. Stay away and dont allow your business to be sucked into a cheap bid.

I will use a highly rated service next time. Nitrado has been consistent in their failures and will not receive any more business from me or in any of my future contracts moving on.

Hello Shawn,

matthews1245
October 26th, 2020

Company was dishonest with me, and ended up having to request a refund. The forums removes comments of problems and told me it is not the place to troubleshoot, though that is the exact forum title. They close threads and mark them resolved, while the servers continue to not work. The issues were never resolved, and after being promised a full refund, they turned around and told me it was a credit and that I am to use it with them for another service.

The server would go offline nearly daily, and would not have any reason in the logs or explanation when asking customer service as to why.

Server settings could not be applied, regardless of trying their methods, and even when they attempted to do so for me, they could not get the settings to work in 2 separate attempts. (note: on a private server, on my own pc, the settings updated without any issue, and did not need a new game save as they claimed was required each time.)

Ram displayed upon server booting up showed approximately 650 mbs, while I paid for 2 gbs. When I asked about this, I never received a response.

Server ran sluggish and had interesting lag issues which they claimed was due to running on the wrong equipment, and then claimed that they moved it to proper equipment, but no difference was found in the supposed new equipment.

When told that I would receive a full refund in a live chat, they then messaged me that they will give me a credit so I can purchase another service from them, and then sent me emails asking if I wanted to change my mind about the server, instead of my refund, which I still have not received.

When calling their phone number provided multiple times, it just rings nonstop with no one ever answering the call. I waited over 10 minutes multiple times.

When asking their customer service why I could not use the EAH program for the Empyrion server, which is released by the developer and comes with the game, I was told it is a third party program, though it is not.

I have more grievances with this company, but this should demonstrate the issues and to their degree of fault. They could never explain the nearly daily occurrences of the server shutting itself down, why settings and game admin controls would not work, why a program made by the game makers was not support, why the ram was a fraction of what I was paying for, and why the server continued to lag even after their supposed equipment change.

Hello Matthew,

markd2161
July 10th, 2021

Everytime I look the server has gone offline again and even when I start it up it does now work just a waste of money in my experience I woukd expect a full refund but they don't give either, don't use them

Hello Mark D.,

We’re very sorry that you’ve experienced this issue. We want to ensure you get the best experience and that your problem is resolved as quickly as possible, please could you E-Mail reviews@nitrado.net with the ticket ID? We will look into this and ensure it is taken care of.

chrise793
May 24th, 2021

Terrible servers that can be Ddosed by a potato. But the most frustrating thing is that our customer support tickets are now been ignored when asking for help for the last 9 days.

Servers purchased from Nitrado are easily Ddosed. Currently I have 12 servers with Nitrado. All of which are Ddossed dail, shutting the servers down and rolling the ingame save point back. Now the save filed are corrupt as the servers keep getting attacked and what i was told on the phone before the support hung up was there is nothing that can be done.

We have spend 1000's of dollars on these servers to be told nothing can be done. Thank you for killing our cluster with your terrible customer service and Ddoss protection. We will NOT be purchasing anymore servers from Nitrado... EVER...

Iif I could give this review 0 stars I would. Avoid at all costs!

Its not worth the heart ache watching a cluster of 1800 people die and it been allowed by Nitrado. Its obvious Nitrado only care about making money.

SAD... VERY SAD!

#10932535: Server Ddos
#10938165: formal complaint
#10934754: Ddos attacks

DO NOT BUY NITRADO SERVERS!!!!!!

Game servers

Hello Chris,
We’re very sorry that you have experienced difficulties, apologies for the inconvenience. Please know we are happy to help and investigate further.
I have taken a look into the tickets provided and show the ticket in question is still under review. Fragile situations pertaining to the network do take more time than a typical response. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Your ticket (Ticket#10932535) has been escalated so our teams can further investigate and resolve the situation.
We have received your reviews and email. We will be in touch to keep you updated when progress is made or a resolution is met. Thank you for your continued patience.

douglasm532
December 11th, 2020

I continue to have issues with my game server and have had to be switched to several different machines in order to resolve. I'm very dissatisfied with this, but upon contacting customer support via their chat function, Ivonne Angeles was very helpful and able to fix the issue...

Hello Douglas,

We really appreciate the feedback from our customers. We are glad that you are happy with our support team. We will pass on your praise to the support team as well. We thank you for your rating and wish you a good time. Stay healthy!

fidans
December 12th, 2020

My friends stopped playing on my freshly renewed minecraft server so i tried to request a refund through the chat support. Yere Fernandez helped me through text and not only canceled my server but also gave me a 100% refund!

I'm very pleased with how i've been helped. This took 10 minutes max. That's the least i have to wait to get to talk to someone when calling my ISP lol!

Hello Fidan,

We appreciate your feedback! It's really great to hear about your experience with Yere in support and we want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about it. Please don't hesitate to let us know about any additional feedback or suggestions that you may have in the future.

chancek9
July 25th, 2020

ASK FOR SAM Ok. So like alot of people ive had problems with nitrado. Its a love hate relationship ive issued tickets before and they went un answered but i called them directly and was introduced to a very professional young man who went by Sam just simply Sam. He fixed my problem right away and got my stuff back on track. Hay Nitrado give this guy a raise.

Hello Chance,

We appreciate the feedback of our customers and thank you for your review.
We wish you a good time!

rostaferl
February 10th, 2021

Payed for a year of service and when i notice a simple fix in the table data base they kept sending me links to info about they type of server i was running like i didnt know what i wanted to run and when i told them specifically how to fix it they just stopped responding and wouldnt do nothing to fix it. Latterly sent them word for word how to fix it and when they seen it they ignored me after $340 spent on a year long server. Control panel was horrible and had little to no options to work with. WORSE SERVER HOST EVER. Then they blocked my account. "No inactive user with this e-mail address has be found."

dont use them

server host

Hello Rostafer,

We’re very sorry that you’ve experienced this issue. We want to ensure you get the best experience and that your problem is resolved as quickly as possible, please could you E-Mail reviews@nitrado.net with the ticket ID? I'll look into this and ensure it is taken care of.

kennethl242
February 24th, 2020

So I picked up an Atlas server for me and a few friends. Unfortunately, their server is for only one grid on Atlas. So, you can't even experiance the feel of exploration without picking up one of their expansion servers. So, if you're like me and did, you will quickly realize that you then can only travel to two grids. Wanting to travel to the entire map would take multiple servers, at $14 per month. Kind of a lame scam if you ask me. Or I can go into the server, and switch one of the servers to an adjacent grid, restart the server kicking everyone out, and then we can travel to the next sector. All of this needs to be explained more before people go to pick up a server. If you are good with working out of one grid, great, but if you want to explore, forget it. Exploration is what the game is about, so that limits the playable area, and destroys the game. Also, maps did not ever work in this server, and there were several glitches. If you did load the large map in the map area of the server, the game would never load. It would time out before getting into the server. So any map larger than 1x1, would suffer a time out before loading. Stay away from this ripoff.

Let me just say, that other than the misinformation, the server worked halfway decent when it was running on 1x1 map. It was hard to start back up when you make changes, but when it did run, it ran decent. I'm not hacking on their server abailites, just the fact that there was no real information upfront about how big the Atlas server was. If you play in one grid, you're golden. If you want to explore, you're screwed. This is all on Xbox by the way.

danb680
April 23rd, 2020

Purchased an Ark server in early april and have not yet been able to log into it. Admittedly I have very little tech skills but it doesn't take a genius to see that something is wrong when the "restarting server" timer is locked in a loop, and when it does start it never shows up in the que.

jackl509
December 11th, 2020

I got great support from Elias H. On an issue I couldn't have fixed myself. Cheap rates and good service? I'll take it.

Hello JAck,

danb700
May 12th, 2020

I gave them 1 star about a month ago but after putting in a second I. T. ticket my Ark server has been rock solid and I plan to re-up for another 30 days.

We offer several options to get in contact with our Support Team. You can call us via Phone/Skype, send in a Ticket, or ask your questions in our Forum.

By Nitrado R., Customer Relationship Manager