Oxford Learning College

Oxford Learning College has a consumer rating of 4.53 stars from 80 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Oxford Learning College most frequently mention student services.Oxford Learning College ranks 207th among Tutor sites.

• I completed my course and exam in February this year but thought I should drop a line to say my feelings.
  • I have had lots of pointers for exam centres from the student services staff too and Anastasia needs a special mention.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Oxford Learning College?

“Studied Mental Health”

Arda M.
11/9/21

As the title says, I studied Mental Health at Oxford Learning College. For the price, I can say with confidence that this course was definitely the money I put into it. The tutors were very supportive of my studies and helped me whenever I asked for input or advice. They'd give critical but helpful feedback. Thank you Oxford Learning!

“So disappointing.”

Hannah P.
6/24/19

Biology A level (Fast Track) I'm so disappointed with what I (didn't) receive for my money with this course. Maybe I've been spoiled in the past by The Open University, but at nearly £400 for what is essentially a pretty crappy book, I honestly feel sick. My expectations for that money would be: A course plan. I needed to know how much study I should be doing each week. I asked my tutor for this, and was told that they didn't make one for Fast Track courses (surely, with limited time, this is exactly the sort of resource that should be provided!). Better course materials. The 'book' is crap. It is badly written, waffles about less important facts and skips over other bits. The actual way it is laid out is really cumbersome and impossible to bookmark or flick through quickly. It is a super boring format with a few pictures (all from Wikipedia), that do nothing to explain any of the topics. I very quickly realised that buying the official textbook and revision guide is the only way to learn anything. Past papers. You have to pay extra to get past papers here. Yes, there are a couple of TMAs, but these are badly formatted and short. It would be far more useful to have actual Edexcel past paper questions as the TMAs. Revision. There are no summaries, no key points, no revision pages in the long-winded book. No little questions, no keywords, nothing that will get you thinking at the end of each topic. Practicals. Most at home students will not actually get the practical endorsement, but as there are many exam questions on techniques, I actually think that it would be essential to make simple videos showing the course practicals. Communication. I actually didn't use my tutor, as it was easier to just go online for help when I needed it. However, my lowest expectation would be maybe an email halfway through asking how I was getting on, and a note to say good luck with your exams! Got absolutely nothing. I am genuinely gobsmacked that I didn't even get an automated good luck email... Basically, I feel embarrassed that I trusted them and gave them so much money. Totally scammed is the only way to describe how I feel.

course (63) student services (8) level 3 diploma (5) course materials (5) 2 months (3)
ardam25
November 9th, 2021

josht56
April 18th, 2018

I really enjoyed doing this course, the teachers where there to help me and got back to me straight away. All work marked quickly

hannahp170
June 24th, 2019

Biology A level (Fast Track)
I'm so disappointed with what I (didn't) receive for my money with this course.
My expectations for that money would be:

ethanj47
February 24th, 2021

I believe the answer to the question should be solved easily for a student like me. Nice experience. Highly experience.

georgej106
July 9th, 2018

I chose the forensic and criminal psychology as i have always found this type of crime and forensics interesting. I enjoy watching forensic programmes which inspired me to complete a course in this field. I have learnt so much so far and there are still some units to complete before i finish my course and are ready to take the exam.

I have worked through various units so far which were clearly labelled online and the instructions were simple to follow for anyone using the online studying programmes. I was surprised by the level of content and quality of the material. I have recommended it to several work colleagues and friends, its certainly the best online college I've studied with yet.

fabiolaq2
May 16th, 2019

Since I've been on this course I have been generally unsatisfied with the standard of support. Whenever I asked my tutor a question, I always get the impression that I am disturbing her. Her answer is short without hardly any in-depth descriptions that would help and support me with my queries. She doesn't teach me anything.

Also, there is no relationship between tutor and student. My tutor cannot be bothered to address me by my name, half of the time, when she emailed me, I find this extremely disrespectful. She will never even say, "Hi (name), I hope that you are well." The other thing is when I submit my work, she never acknowledges the fact that she has received my work. I submitted my Unit 2 assignments on Monday the 29/01/19, and I didn't hear anything back until I sent her an email 15 days later. Even after emailing her, it was the student services who got in touch with me and told me that the document that I sent was a blank document. This was obviously a huge lie when I submitted my work; I went on to check several times if my coursework was adequately submitted and it was. So, not only I have been lied to that the document that I have sent was blank, but also shouldn't my tutor have the common decency to tell me that my work document is blank?
I am an independent student, and I have completed, a distance learning, access course to a very high standard and my former tutors all had one thing in common, and that was their love for teaching. So, I do know how distance learning is supposed to operate.
With Oxford college campus, there is a considerable lack of consideration for students. The cost of the course is expensive, while the standard is next to none. Here are a few factors where I believed they are lacking;
1) First and foremost, I don't think Oxford learning college care about their students at all.
2)Students don't receive a weekly email from their tutors and see how they are getting on.
3) They aren't allowed to receive a weekly phone call, to support students on things that need advice.
4) Students and tutors don't have a forum where they can talk to each other. Even traditional colleges have forums for students. Inclusion is essential for everyone, but the Oxford learning college promotes exclusions.
5)Another thing that is absurd is the ridiculous website. I seriously, cannot believe whenever I need to submit my presentation, I need to send it to Student Services.
6) Individuals who study with Oxford learning college are nothing but a number.
7) Every single universities and college, that provide higher education courses, here in the United Kingdom, provide students with Turnitin accounts, for them to check their work for plagiarism and Oxford college doesn't offer such thing for their students.
If your future academic and career prospects mean a lot to you, do not even think about studying with them. You will regret it.

I believe that their 5 stars reviews are fake reviews that have been purchased online.

orlahmhideo
April 17th, 2021

It has always been my wish to be able to learn from a reputable college, i have a high regard for the academy keep up with the good work

savhinb
October 13th, 2016

The course gives you a broad knowledge of law. If you work through the modules and work the self assessment preparation, you will end up with a very good grade in most legal fields. The support and comments of the tutors when you submit your SAPs is invaluable, it helps you to achieve a higher level without even realising it. I feel really confident now to apply for a job, or to further my studies. I think this course has opened a lot of new possibilities.

henrym124
May 21st, 2018

Despite my age, I decided to do some learning as no one is too old for that. I learned a lot about computers in the course I did and would say it was good value, thanks.

jerryl139
September 26th, 2018

I took this course as a add on for my own professional development. I have just started to work as an apprentice in the science facilities at my local college. I am interested in the human body and everything which goes with it such as this course, diet and nutrition and exercise.

jamest240
September 21st, 2017

I enrolled on the equine science course in order to support my experience within the equine industry and to consolidate previous learning. I hoped that completing the diploma would make me more eligible for enrolment in a course for animal physiotherapy, since their pre-requisite of an A-level in science was not met by my B grade at GCSE! Happily I have already been accepted and have found this equine science diploma invaluable to my new studies. The course was straightforward and comprehensive, whilst always encouraging me to do more research into each topic. The tutors have always been quick to respond to my queries, marked each assessment shortly after submitting, and have been fair and made positive, constructive comments throughout, even when I struggled with some of the content! Student services are unfailingly cheerful - happy to help with even the most mundane and trivial questions. They have been truly supportive for the duration of the course. I would highly recommend the equine science diploma as good value for money and as an invaluable asset to anyone who wishes to further their career, or simply enhance their knowledge.

leow37
August 29th, 2018

The material given online was good quality, easy to read and easy to put into action (for my course at least).

ivyl31
October 20th, 2016

I have just finished doing my level 3 diploma in Personal training and Sports coaching, it was a great course, I learned a lot. With having family issues it was hard to study but studying with oxford college really helped me a lot, I passed with 43 out of 50 which is a pass with Distinction. Overall 10/10 for Oxford College now thanks to them i can continue on to higher education :) If you love sport then do this diploma.

alexandraw11
November 13th, 2016

I have not studied for many years so was not sure what to expect.

elanief
January 14th, 2021

The job of the course is brilliant. A good variety of courses for everyone is available. I'd highly recommend it.

ethanw12
April 18th, 2017

I personally liked the course, the content of the reading materials and the language used. I found the information useful and it was pleasant to go through the reading materials. Personally I wanted to pass the course faster and because of that didn't write most of the SAP's but probably is a good idea to be compulsory. I think that they are very useful and make the student to do a lot of research while learning many new and additional things. I am very happy with the fast and efficient responses from the academic department or my tutor's feedback on the SAP's. Thank you very much and would say great job to your team

colinm71
August 22nd, 2017

I have always enjoyed everything about travelling, I am well travelled having visited many countries and thought this course would suit me well.

The course helped me to gain understanding in other areas of travel such as travel agency, tourism, destinations, long haul destinations, the role of the travel agency and customer service.

olivers45
December 14th, 2016

I had assumed the course will be a work over which I can complete in less than 2 months. To my surprise the quality and depth of the material was much more challenging than I had expected. I have learned professional details that have significantly improved my competence and confidence in psychometric practice. I had set out to pass the exam with a Distinction, but I passed with Merit. Painful but interesting.

jacobm88
March 6th, 2017

It was a good experience on the counselling course. I would like to do more courses with Oxford College. I am now looking at the level 5. Big thumbs up from me.

alis578
February 24th, 2016

Had to pay £25 for 'PDF' material that took weeks to arrive, and in the end wasn't actually a PDF it was a link to an eBook file you could only access from one device.

So they offer PDFs that aren't actually PDFs

muzzafarz
October 26th, 2016

There were a lot of competitors for online learning but oxford won me over with their lower pricing. The course work provided was of good quality for me and I didn't have a problem finishing my exams on time and with a good score. Overall I think they deserve the 5 credits because every time I had a problem, I had a reply within a couple of minutes to a couple of hours depending on the time I submitted the question.

albertos39
February 3rd, 2017

Completed my exam and got a pass with distinction. It is great to be able to study at your own pace and whenever you want.

avab6
December 2nd, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed the Marine Biology course, the online material was well structured and easy to use. The tutor comments were helpful and kept motivation up. The assessment was harder than I expected, but a good test of knowledge and understanding of the subject. Overall this has been a great reintroduction to studying and I will continue to do more. Thank you Oxford College.

angelaf69
June 19th, 2017

I felt I have gained a lot of knowledge about areas of human biology I didn't know and haven't previously covered. I have completed Level 3 Diploma in Biology and this is a progressing course to enhance my existing knowledge.

smithr59
April 14th, 2021

Oxford Learning is a leading provider of distance education in the United Kingdom. They have a well-respected and outstanding education.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Oxford Learning College staff and other customers.

Oxford Learning College is a leading Online Education Programme Provider. We work with respected education providers to provide Accredited Diplomas Online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oxford Learning College?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.5
Have a question about Oxford Learning College?