We’re in this together! Stay safe with our COVID-19 guide

View
×

ProperSoft

ProperSoft has a consumer rating of 4.74 stars from 137 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with ProperSoft most frequently mention customer service, credit card and microsoft money. ProperSoft ranks 2nd among Accounting Software sites.

• Also I appreciate the prompt and professional customer service!
  • Had some problems initially, but their customer support was all over it a flash.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate ProperSoft?

“Smart software, friendly company.”

David F.
9/25/21

Having used ProperSoft products for over five years, I can tell you that they excel in great software and friendly customer service. Their products have saved me countless hours of rote transaction input. And, whenever I have had a question - or didn't understand how a product worked with my apps, they answered promptly with genuine concern for getting my issue resolved. As a family run business, I applaud them on creating unique products that are backed by excellent customer care.

“Trial looked good but real software has lot of errors”

Mark A.
5/13/20

Needed to convert pdf to qfx so this software sounds perfect, right? Wrong. Errors on converting pdf. Some items, like airline miles, convert into transactions. Great, so you have to go through and manually delete airline miles. But trying to reconcile accounts, blocks of transactions missing. If you have to manually spend a lot of time cleaning up airline miles, or manually entering transactions, kind

customer service (9) customer support (9) csv files (5) quicken (27) microsoft money (4) quickbooks desktop (3) qif files (3) pdf statements (3) import transactions (3) 3 years (3) credit cards (3)
davidf2836
September 25th, 2021

Family run company with great products and customer care.

ProperSoft software.

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Thank you for your review, David!

toma500
September 4th, 2016

When the program was not pulling all of the information from my PDF statements I thought we had it functioning after a fairly good response from customer support. Only when I went back to verify that everything was coming through and populating correctly into my QuickBooks online and QuickBooks desktop did I realize that random entries were omitted entirely which throws my entire tax year into recordkeeping chaos. The time I spent worrying about the application should have been spent manually entering each of the hundreds and hundreds of transactions. Can't believe it's the only option and as recommended by intuit. They refunded me my money. I just wish the application was fully baked

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Hello Tim, thank you for your review! As PDF documents are coming in endless varieties, free trial and free support are provided before and after the purchase to test the software with your PDF file, as well as refund is provided should you decide to purchase before trying and experience issues after the purchase.

joanneb146
June 23rd, 2018

I needed a conversion application to be able to enter spreadsheet information from Excel to Quickbooks Desktop. I found this one, and it does the job, but it's not that easy. I had to try it several times (in a test company thankfully) to see exactly where and how things post. It has a lot of columns which I didn't need (some people will) and it's really basic.

On the positive side though, it works, and it's not expensive. So thank you!

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Thank you for your review, Joanne.

patriciaa205
July 29th, 2018

My credit card's bank changed and no longer downloads into Quicken. The PrioperSoft program converts CSV files so they can be imported without all that typing. Not as smooth as the direct download, (doesn't use my memorized payee list to assign categories, etc.) but still saves me a lot of work. Took me three tries to get it right the first time, but now it is fine.

stevenc1648
November 1st, 2021

I used Transactions to convert PDF bank statements into QFX to use in Quicken. It worked and saved me from having to enter all my transactions manually. What a relief!
It took a little bit of fiddling around to get things just right because this kind of stuff is not my area of expertise.
What really impressed me was the prompt personal support I got from Sergiy. He helped me figure things out and clearly wanted to make sure it worked for me. If I need to do convert transactions in the future I will use Transactions.
Steven C - Toronto

Excellent support

Transactions

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Thank you for your review, Steven!

charlesl566
May 13th, 2020

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Thank you for your review, Charles. The trial shows all parsing results inside the software, so you can see if your PDF file is not supported before ordering. The parser tries to find anything that looks like transactions and has some specific exclusions like interest tables or duplicate check tables. You can uncheck incorrect transactions before converting If a PDF file is image-based and poorly scanned, the parser may not see some transactions. We provide money back guarantee if your file is not converting.

babaky1
February 16th, 2020

I bought the CSV 2 QFX product which has been particularly useful. I need this to import transactions into the Quicken Money Management software. As im based outside the US, my Bank can only export to CSV. ProperSoft bridges this gap & allows me to have the advantages of Quicken without requiring a compatible Bank. Customer support is excellent & personalised. I am very pleased & can highly recommend ProperSoft. I have trusted them for over 3 years & hope to continue using their software.

johnh3570
May 5th, 2020

The software is excellent! I had a minor issue converting to a QIF file (Quicken) but after a few email exchanges with customer support the problem was resolved. Probably the best customer support I've ever experienced from a software company. Now that Quicken has discontinued downloads from financial institutions (for anything but their subscription service), the CSV2QIF conversion utility is a perfect fix and allows me to download data and import directly into Quicken.

CSV2QIF

lyndap11
March 31st, 2017

I haven't had a good experience with this software at all. It doesn't convert everything therefore making it fairly useless.

Hello Lynda,

Thank you for your review and I apologize for your experience. We tried to work on your PDF file, but it has limitations to access all details. We already responded to your ticket about this. IF you would like to refund your order, please send a request to support@propersoft.net.

nikolays24
June 8th, 2020

Super helpful. I'm using this app every day. And the developer is incredibly supportive. Made my life so much easier. It's worth more the money I paid.

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Thank you for your review, Nikolay.

curtisw40
June 4th, 2018

This does the QIF to QFX conversion very easily in just a few clicks. I am using a 2006 iMac and have no issues. The trial version will continue to do 10 transactions at a time but this became a hassle and I couldn't find any other Mac program that did this so easily. Four stars because the price seems a little high for a fairly simple program.

rebeccap81
November 20th, 2016

Once the file has been converted from csv to money, a further manual date change exercise needs to be performed. Not great for the cost considering the program purports to do this correctly automatically

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for your review. You can adjust expected date format during conversion and reimport OFX file with correct dates. Please contact support@propersoft.net if you need any assistance.

susanb288
June 24th, 2017

I had several years worth of PDFs from my bank that I needed to get into Quicken. Anything I tried was either going to be quite expensive or quite cumbersome. Then I found this program. It's so simple to use, and so fast. Many thanks to the technical support group. I bought the wrong version initially and they were very gracious and letting me get exactly what I needed at no additional charge. Really responsive to my email heard back within minutes. If you need to get things into Quicken or any other financial software program, this is the suite of conversion packages that you need.

patriced49
July 28th, 2020

Very useful to Import to MS Money data received when my bank changed its output format. Software is regularly updated, and
Support team is nice and very responsive so it matches any particular need.

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Thank you for your review, Patrice!

johnm997
February 19th, 2017

Deceptively simple interface allows conversion to be well tailored for your account names and version of Quicken. Full disclosure, I only used it for Quicken 2014

richardg1035
May 14th, 2020

Needed CSV2OFX to move some data from Quicken to Wave Accounting. It saved a ton of time and worked great! Thank you.

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Thank you for your review, Richard.

lesleyt8
November 18th, 2016

Propersoft CSV2QBJ converter can only convert 33 lines maximum of data into a QBJ file, any accountants will agree with me that this is of no value when you are trying to import excel/cvs files with hundreds of lines per journal entry. Further, once the journal entries were separated to create entries of 33 lines or less, the upload into Quickbooks failed and caused the company file to close. I do not recommend this tool for larger companies with journal entries over 33 lines to convert.

Update: Proper Soft granted me a refund in full, so I appreciate the customer service, although I would not recommend this product for larger companies with long journal entries to convert & post.

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Thank you for your feedback. Quickbooks allows 33 lines PER ENTRY for General Journal Entries. If you are not using entry numbers on your CSV file, consider using them as this is Quickbooks limitation for general journal entries, not CSV2QBJ.

Please contact support@propersoft.net with details about the issue you experienced, and I will help you resolve it. QBJ format requires a lot of details to be provided, and you may consider CSV2QBO at https://www.propersoft.net/csv2qbo/ or CSV2IIF https://www.propersoft.net/csv2iif/ as easier choices for your data import.

gladej
June 19th, 2017

I purchased a simple CSV converter to import some of my transaction history into Quicken. It was a one time purchase. Be sure to read all fine print. Very difficult to get hold of the company. Software however did just what it said it would.

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Hello Glade. There was only request from you today and your charges were refunded.

gartrellm
February 19th, 2017

Had difficulty getting program to work and Sergiy walked me through the process. Turns out I chose the incorrect tool.

anthonyw160
June 15th, 2018

I have used the service to convert from PDF to CSV to QBO and QFX (and vice versa.) Works well for banks not offering native downloads, or where the bank's data is formatted incorrectly.

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Thank you for your review, Anthony.

victoriat354
September 24th, 2021

So many banks and credit cards QBO files don't upload all of the transactions and make the process much longer than it needs to me. With Propersoft, I can ensure all of my transactions are in CSV before converting it to a QBO file. I got this thinking, if it was helpful once it would be worth it, now I can't imagine working without it.

Accountants, Bookkeepers anyone dealing with lots of CSVs and QBOs

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Thank you for your review, Victoria!

susanneh7
November 21st, 2016

Not really satisfied with the program. Am using it to transfer files from Fujitsu iX500 scanner, through ScanSnap Receipt, into Quicken. It doesn't pick up all of the column headings, is not flexible enough to map properly. I messed with it for awhile, hoping to get a faster way to input receipts into Quicken. Finally realized I could get a lot more done with direct entry of each receipt into Quicken. ScanSnap Receipt only has mapping for Quickbooks, which isn't mapping flexible either. Each program has its own quirks, and I don't have time to mess with them to make them work together.

Hello Susanne,

Thank you for taking your time to write your review for your software. For your case, you can try QBO2QIF at https://www.propersoft.net/qbo2qif/ or Bank2QIF at http://www.propersoft.net/bank2qif/ to convert QBO files produced by SnanSnap to Quicken compatible format.

mayrar14
December 16th, 2016

I am a bookkeeper and travel from client to client so I need to use the service at various locations... it's not easy to login and start using.

Hello Mayra,

Thank you for your review. All converters are desktop applications for PC and Mac. There is no need to login anywhere to use the applications.

kellyl95
August 23rd, 2016

Had ro contact you a 22nd time

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Kelly, the cancellation most likely was not confirmed. The charge was refunded on the same day of your request.

maryl1167
March 9th, 2020

This is unusually attentive service, and the product is perfect.
I am so impressed and will recommend to all Quickbooks users.
The site was safe and seamless to use.

Sergiy T. – ProperSoft Rep

Thank you for your review, Mary!

Please try the latest version from https://www.propersoft.net/

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Yes, Bank2QIF at https://www.propersoft.net/products/bank2qif converts CSV, Excel, PDF, OFX, QFX, QBO, QMTF to QIF format.

See more answers (2)

Yes, please open this QIF file with the Transactions app and review transactions. If you see all data is parsed correctly, create a new QIF file selecting applicable QIF target.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Tim, Please try the Transactions app at https://www.propersoft.net/download/transactions

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Hello Georiga, please email support@propersoft.net the QIF file that was created. PDF2QIF does not create mac zip files.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Most likely you are referring to INTU. BID values. CSV2QFX reads the list of INTU. BID values from Quicken installed on the same computer. You can simply enter "allowed" INTU. BID value (a four digits number) as well before converting to a QFX file.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

For the current version, bank, credit card transactions are supported. For investment accounts, only cash transactions are supported.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Yes, CSV2OFX, CSV2QIF, CSV2QFX create files importable by Banktivity 5 or later.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Hello Iliana, You can download at https://www.propersoft.net/download. Click on the download icon and click Windows download.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Paola, Quickbooks Online imports CSV files, you can choose any converter ending with 2CSV, like Bank2CSV at https://www.propersoft.net/products/bank2csv that converts all formats including PDF, or specific ones like PDF2CSV at https://www.propersoft.net/products/pdf2csv 2CSV converters have a setting called "CSV target" - make sure to set it to "Quickbooks Online" when you convert.

By Sergiy T., Customer Service, Application Developer

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ProperSoft staff and other customers.

Convert transactions from one format to another and import into accounting software. For example, convert CSV to QBO, or PDF to QBO or Excel to QFX, or OFX to CSV. Make your transactions importable into Quickbooks, Quicken, MS Money, Xero, Sage One and others.

Business History

ProperSoft creates accounting tools from 2008. Our tools help you convert your CSV, Excel, PDF, QIF, QBO, OFX, QFX, TXT files into a format your accounting software expects (like Quickbooks expects QBO, IIF, QBJ, Quicken expects QFX, QIF, etc.). Visit https://www.propersoft.net/ for more details.

Sergiy T.
Customer Service, Application Developer
Sergiy creates software helping accountants and bookkeepers and everyone else using accounting and personal finance software. ProperSoft tools help you bring your transactions into a format your accounting software needs.

ProperSoft at https://www.propersoft.net/ provides support before and after purchase. Feel free to contact ProperSoft and get your transactions imported and save your time during a tax season or other accounting crunch times.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProperSoft?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

4.7
Have a question about ProperSoft?