Skyscanner.net

Skyscanner.net has a consumer rating of 1.57 stars from 98 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Skyscanner.net most frequently mention customer service, credit card and full refund problems.Skyscanner.net ranks 234th among Plane Tickets sites.

No positive highlights yet

• My boyfriend and I found a flight deal via Skyscanner for tickets from a place called ExploreTrip.
  • According to their refund policy, this should have qualified me for a full refund.
How would you rate Skyscanner.net?

“Usually without problem; they are helpful even when a 3rd party portal tries to scam you”

Slavomír H.
2/16/21

I am finding my tickets through skyscanner regularly. Usually, everything go well. I also have an experience of being redirected to 3rd party website, which tried to rip me off big time. In that case, skyscanner helped me get my money back. More details on it: I was redirected to a website alrehlat.com. My flight was cancelled, thus I needed a refund. However, website alrehlat.com started acting like a scam. They were acting against their terms and conditions, denying information from their call center, refusing to clarify refund process, doing miscalculated refund offers, not replying to my mails. At that point, I didn't expect to get any money back. I reported this to skyscanner. To my surprise, skyscanner pressured alrehlat to respond to my mails and eventually they secured me the full refund.

“Four times booking was cancelled by Cheap Tickets”

B G.
10/26/21

Four times paid to book a business class ticket to USA, four times cheap tickets cancelled booking. Skycanner directed to this site. Frustrating experience. Booking was from Geneva to Seattle. One can understand once, four times same excuse after getting the payment. Is it joke or scam? Cheap Tickets has not taken any responsibility for their mistake. It appears no responsibility for such blatant cancellations. When customer want to correct a minor mistake like date after booking, they charge, but for them no responsibility for taking money but not sending the ticket.

flight (38) refund (16) credit card (4) customer service (8) flight tickets (3) travel agency (4)
bg231
October 26th, 2021

basssmn1
March 9th, 2022

I bought a cheap ticket through this website couple days later they send me an email changing my flight schedule and destination. And told me if I don't agree I can cancel and get a refund.
Obviously, after I ask for cancellation I have been informed by the same "scam" sky scammer that I am not eligible for refund! And they put the blame on the airline.,
I wasted time and money. Please avoid my mistake

slavomrh
February 16th, 2021

More details on it:

jent140
February 21st, 2021

WARNING YOU WILL BE ROBBED
Do not use!
The "Smart Fares" company they sub out to are thieves...
Frontier airlines sent me a cost of 622 for my flight these thieves charged my credit card for $915.00 and they hang up on you when you call to dispute!
Disgusting they should be shut down. Thieves!

zahidb5
March 10th, 2021

Booked a flight via them with flightcatchers. The picture shows that the flight was flexible and no charges would be made particularly because of COVID so i booked in good faith. I wanted to change the date by just 1 day and flightcatchers wanted £87 for tax and admin charges. Why does skyscanner allow them to falsely advertise like this. I could not find any where to contact them

once booked it seems impossible or expensive to change

abdulr96
April 17th, 2020

Advise for anyone booking flights. Book directly with the Airline it may cost more but the customer service you recieve from the airline is far better than Sky Scanner or any scam company that they associate themself with. NEVER would I use Sky scanner or a third party agency.

I emailed Sky Scanner on 19/03/20 regarding my issue they did pass my details on to the travel agency I havent heard anything back. This is a JOKE!

rahulr86
Rahul R.
March 10th, 2020

Skyscanner is fraud. They directed me to Edreams company. They don't have an official email id for refunds, responses. They have a chat bot which will take 1 hour to connect to agent and it will connect only when you will not be online. They will never refund your money in case of cancellation. They looted my money 2000 USD ! And now not refunding me. Their helpline won't connect to the agent for talking. All emails will give auto reply to you that this email has been closed for responses

nataliyab10
November 1st, 2021

This is a fraudulent company. They take your credit card details for tje reservation the cheapest price, and then cancel the reservation at the last moment and offer to buy the ticket at the highest price. Do not contact them if you do not want to waste time and money and have problem with bank account!

sibelb
August 10th, 2021

I had terrible experience with them and gave up at the end because I could not purchase our tickets, it seems they sell the tickets but they request the booking and actually you may think you have the tickets and nope you do not!
If you try to reach out them that would be the biggest mistake forget about it! Sebastian or someone else picks up the phone and they only speaks Spanish in the USA! Can you believe that!? So I just skipped them and purchased from cheapoair and have my tickets quickly!

rebeccac542
May 28th, 2020

Terrible organisation.
Have had so many push backs on my refund. It's now been 64 days and still nothing and no communication.
I'm assuming they could be distributing funds to untraceable places so they can go into administration without paying anyone refunds.
So unfortunate my friends and I used them all the time. That won't happen again and I have made it my mission to advise everyone I encounter of my experience.

They've removed their ABN off the website it seems. But if anyone needs it for legal claim processes please let me know. I luckily took a screenshot before they removed it.

ecec3
February 27th, 2022

I have used skyscanner for a million times to purchase tickets, but my problem with it is that it still directs people to kiwi.com which is a complete scam. I searched for my tickets on skyscanner and it directed me to kiwi. After I purchased my tickets, kiwi.com canceled my flights, forced me to pay another $400 to change those flights, and when I rejected they said I can get a $50 kiwi credit or no refund at all! They connected me to India to talk to customer reps that repeated the same scripts no matter how many solutions I offered them. I am now going through a transaction dispute process through my bank. I paid $550 in total. I will never book through skyscanner again as long as they work with kiwi. I am using google flights instead.

tommasoc9
March 8th, 2020

I always used Skyscanner with quite some success to find discounted tickets, but lately I had the unpleasant surprise to buy tickets from the agency Kiss and Fly, please contact me if you want further details about what happened. I used once kiss and fly in the past and fortunately there was no problem (no need to interact with them beside buying the tickets). If something needs to change (and it happens!), that's where the problems start. My recommendation is to consider more seriously the complains of so many customers towards Kiss&Fly, and possibly take some action against it.

Regards

derickh17
January 17th, 2021

Skycanner has stolen over 2200$ from me. I cancelled my flight over 6 months ago and was told by one of their agents on the phone I would receive my refund on the card I booked with within 12 to 14 weeks, it has now been over 6 months and they won't awnser my emails anymore and they don't even have a phone number anymore. All I can think of this is that they have stolen my money and are a bunch of crooks.

loaya3
March 13th, 2020

I booked one flight recently on company called Travelgenio through skyscanner website
I was trying to change / cancel my flight and faced a lot of difficulty ( NO response through all kind of communications, Rude & untrained customer service, no system, sort of cheating sometimes,... etc)

pauvlickr
November 24th, 2020

Be aware that Skyscanner is a SCAM COMPANY. What used to be a reliable online source of prices for flights; is now one the biggest SCAM, and CON-ARTIST in the business. (1) The listed prices do NOT INCLUDE CHECKED BAGGAGE, (2) They DO NOT HAVE AGREEMENTS WITH REPUTABLE AIRLINES.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. ANY 5 STARS REVIEWS ARE BEEN BOUGHT AND PAID FOR IT.

rokiab
August 5th, 2021

Skyscammer would be a great name for this company. We lost €800 to their parthner, Mytrip. We booked through Skyscanner thinking we would be directed to the airline. We never noticed we were booking through a third party company. They sold us tickets we could not use!

Skyscanner will not take any responsibility. Mytrip is located in beirut and will not refund if anything goes wrong. They will not answer phone calls or e-mails.

Please do not book through Skyscanner! Even if you use this site to look for flights you can still book through the airline. This is much safer.

Book through another place. Best to book with the airline. Skyscanner is not safe!

Airplane tickets

elizabethb2296
February 27th, 2022

NEVER use these 'travel agent' sites which offer the promise of cheap flights but when you xannot take your flight due to CV cancellations they promise to refund but still no funds in my account after almost FOUR MONTHS. Rather pay extra and book direct with airlines. Skyscanner should be called SKYSCAMMER

igorl46
June 17th, 2021

Very bad company as it works if scammers such as kiwi.com. I would strongly recommend to avoid unless you want to ruin your vacay.

jeanetteo
October 28th, 2014

I recently discover Skyscanner when I wanted to search for the best and cheapest flights. So I looked through after I searched my flight from New York City to Ireland. I found a really great price and got my flights. I like their website and without a problem I would like to use them again.

dianat193
July 3rd, 2020

Such a shame that Skyscanner in cooperation with companies like Kiwi.com. Scammers, Stealing money, refuse to refund! DO NOT USE SKYSCANNER (skyscammer) OR ANY OTHER TICKET OFFERING COMPANIES UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOOSE YOUR MONEY! Buy it directly from the airline, might be more expensive but at least you will be safe!

robertr3657
April 20th, 2022

I booked a Ticket from Heathrow to the Philippines for my partner through Skyscanner, Big Mistake, arriving 4 hours before dept, so time to do the extra health check required that day, At the check in the iphone app would not work, even the staff tried. So she was denied boarding and said no problem contact your booking company Skyscanner, its free so no charge for a new seat,
Skyscanner demanded £275 for admin and Airport taxes, Emirates said that is not true, they just trying to get more money, with no choice we took the new ticket for the next day but were kept waiting for feedback and progress, everytime i asked for confirmation and E Tickets were promised but nothing, with time passing i had spoken with so many different agents was getting no where,
I called them 2 hours before the plane departs and complained bitterly the stress this was putting us under and finally the advisor sent me the tickets with no concern or apology. Next timewill book direct or high street

komalk34
November 20th, 2021

My name is Komal and I booked ticket through "mytrip on skyscanner". Terrible worst any type of word is not enough for this fraud agency. The whole story is my flight was cancelled by The airline. These people refused to give any alternative flights. They also refused to provide any information how much refund I am gonna get. They have refused to call airline as well. Finally I made a call to the airline and they said that we will give full refund. But this mytrip people wanted to deduct the money around 100 or more than that when I asked for what reason! Then they said administration and this and that fees. Why would I pay a single penny to someone who dont even call airline, doesnt provide any information, stop receiving my calls, putting me on hold for an hours, who doesnt even have information I ask for, completely crap management, and finally just want to steal the money when airline is paying in full refund to me. My humble request to anyone who read this review - "never" buy any ticket from mytrip and any such fraud people. Go to airline website who is willing to take responsibility.

charitellb
April 19th, 2022

No star. For the first time using Skyscanner my experience was bad. I purchased 2 tickets and had to cancel one for an employee who resigned. Tickets non-refundable and non-transferable either. No credit even. Bad Bad Bad experience!

dorisl115
March 19th, 2021

SKYSCAMMER - deserves 0
Friday 19 March 2021 - after booking and paying for my ticket, arranging and paying for a COVID test, this fraudulent company decides they want want to make more money out of me so they are cancelling my reservation claiming a system error. On top of that they write me they will refund my money within 5-10 working days (!) and that would be for a service they didn't even provide. Their customer service team is advised to say it's the customer's bank that can not enable the refund! How petty for an excuse. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST!

saraht357
December 29th, 2019

On my side I had a really good experience. Me and my friends booked a round trip to turkey online. We paid online and received the ticket within 1 hours. Everything was good and we didn't have any problem at the airport. I hope in the future I wont have any problem like some of y'all...

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Skyscanner.net staff and other customers.

Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site, providing instant online comparisons for millions of flights, as well as car hire and hotels.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Skyscanner.net?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

1.6
Have a question about Skyscanner.net?