Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration has a consumer rating of 2.31 stars from 15 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Social Security Administration ranks 8th among Government sites.

How would you rate Social Security Administration?

“Perfection”

Dee D.
7/3/19

I have been very lucky in that *ALL* of my interactions with ssa.gov over the years have been extremely professional, helpful, understandable -- totally lacking is that robotic frustration-component one usually experiences from bureaucracies. They have been doing this a long, long time.

“This website is incredibly confusing.”

Ava L.
3/25/22

I've been trying to get a SS card replacement and this website is horrible. It's so difficult to get into my account, almost every step has issues. I know how to use websites and tech stuff, usually I can get past the problems and figure it out but not with this crap site.

aval74
March 25th, 2022

monag66
January 24th, 2022

Miss Gorman needs to be fired & replace with some else more educated and know what there doing she very unorganized including her supper Visor who excuses her for her horrible behavior very disrespectful to disability recipients it's wrong very you accuse people for work you don't know how to do and blame people for the lack of your responsibility you don't know how to do the work you need to end your job and get one who knows how to do it Because evidently you can't that's a shame your very Organize & worthless……….

Choose workers who know what there doing not to blame other for there lack of Responsibility

joanni15
April 27th, 2022

After days of calling I finally got through to make a phone appt for Widows Benefits. Received a confirmation letter and email showing all correct info and March appt. About a week before appt. Received email confirming my email for April 25@ 2 pm. The call never came. I am the first wife. I called SSA today April 26 only to find someone changed the address, to my former husbands other and she got my mail. Since my phone # was still on the application I should have received the call, absolutely no excuse or reason for any employee of SSA to replace MY information. I now have to wait until June 9 for MY NEXT APPT. Just do your job, don't change info, and please stop that machine from babbling on about SSA websites that don't work. Certainly hope my appt in June will be kept in tact by SSA.

normanc196
April 12th, 2022

Why does it take so long for SSA to answer phones? Is it because this is a capitalistic country and they aren't making any money on answering phones. You can call any store or car dealer and someone will answer, a real person, not an answering machine or robot. When it comes to gov't offices they don't answer the phones. A person has to leave their name and number so they can call back. Probably the VA is just as bad. I feel sorry for the soldiers that they have to kill for their country and then this is how they get treated. You vote new people in office, hoping it will change, but it continues.

neworleansd
June 17th, 2018

I'm old enough to remember getting an annual little pamphlet from the Social Security Administration that contained how much I had earned in my lifetime from my very first year of earnings until the present. Well that same statement is available online. It also includes the ability to apply for benefits or a replacement card (card replacement feature not available in all states).

Like most people, I protect my number and SS information like my bank account. But if you trust online banking, you should have no problem here. The SSA has to protect our data and have encryption in place, along with two-step authentication to secure your account, and I've been confidently using this site since it first went online.

bruceb1138
February 25th, 2022

Needed to contact ss to change routing number that my ss is deposited into each month as another bank bought out my bank. Called ss office in Tulsa and waited 37 minutes with no answer. Found out later it was closed due to snow but recorded message said to wait for someone to answer. So I got on ss web page and filled out all of the forms but it said invalid info. It is a nightmare to understand it! It asked for my user ID but had not given me on or asked me to insert one. Called ss office this morning and finally got someone. It shouldn't be that hard!

arethesap
February 10th, 2018

SSA helps keep things going in life. I turned to them for help because no one else could help me or my children.

deed87
July 3rd, 2019

They have been doing this a long, long time.

cp273
January 5th, 2022

I could never view my statement online, it always said I needed to call. I would call and they would say they unlocked my page but when I tried to get on my page again it would say I needed to call. I finallly went to my local office and they have unlocked my page but again back at home it said I still needed to call. Finally after about a year of this nonsense I finally
Talked to someone might ho told me my account was attached to a dead person's name! Their error, they would try to fix. Finally in Dec 2021 I got a letter saying they had resolved my issue. Terrible customer service.

dragane1
December 31st, 2017

A detailed website about social security and workers' rights. Thanks for your support and helping me out.

rickyl136
March 8th, 2022

Terrible service, long waits on phone, lack of knowledge of Rep's. Maybe they should Contract it out like they did the Military base's

miked1620
March 15th, 2022

Wait, wait wait and more waiting!
My God it's a shame how this country takes care of seniors.
SSA offices still closed? Stop using COVID as and excuse and pay people a decent wage and maybe then it won't take 1 1/2hours to finally get to talk to someone!
What a joke!

jolynnb4
January 8th, 2021

Back in October of 2020 my dad helped me sign up to draw his social security. Well i did the application over the phone and i thought that was it nope. Well i found out my local social security office mailed my application to Oklahoma social security office well these criminals have gotten into my medical records illegally. I emailed the senator OF kANSAS Jerry Moran about this he mailed me a medical release form supposedly this Oklahoma social security office said i signed it nope i did not sign it my name is on the witness line also this is forgery. Also another crime this social security office broke is lying they try to diagnose me with a disorder i don have they are not dr; s my local social security office knows my disorder they got proof all so this social security office has mailed me threatening letter threatening to cut off my ssi i been getting ssi ever since i been 21 caus eiam boarder line $#*!ed i was born this way this social security office has broken alot of laws my advice never ever do business with them

loisym1
June 29th, 2022

I went to an SSA office here in NY (Queens Jamaica branch) last April 12th to update my name and immigration status. Almost 3 months and no new SS ID card in the mail. I already started to worry. I thought because of Covid the cards have been backlogged. I finally called their customer service to know what's going on. The agent, after a long hold on the line, apologetically informed me that my records were never upgraded! To think i was inconvenienced that I have to personally go there and show my documents. Good thing they didn't hold my original documents, just photocopied it, but the lady who saw me already took away my original ID card! It was a smart decision for me to save a scanned copy in my computer file. Now i have to go back there and do the process over again, wasting me my time and the effort when it was their fault and incompetence that this thing happened. That's why if i could give negative points to this government office, I would!

billl842
June 22nd, 2022

I did not want Medicare Part B and timely filed/returned my card with the Philly office 2 months before my 65th birthday. Surprise!... I was enrolled in Part B anyway for 4 months after that. I called SSA 4 times and wrote 2 letters but NOTHING changed. Finally I tried one more time and spoke with Mike in the SSA office in Baltimore and he corrected everything within 2 weeks and also got me a refund of the money that was deducted from my SS payment for 4 months. THANK YOU MIKE!

Question:

How easy is it to get a hold of customer service at social security administration?

Then you are the luckiest person alive. I held for almost an hour, hung up. I did this all day long because they unilaterally changed my appt from March to April, and never called. I found out today some moron decided to change my information in Silver Spring so my mail went to my former husbands address in Delaware. He passed in February and his 4th wife who already has his SS checks wants more, so they called her even though my phone # was on the appt. How stupid is that. I figured out what happened and called her, you guessed it she got my 2pm phone call. Yeah! Really a professional intelligent bunch. Now I have to wait till June.

By Joann I.