OnlineBookClub.org

OnlineBookClub.org

Better Business Bureau

OnlineBookClub.org has a consumer rating of 4.95 stars from 791 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with OnlineBookClub.org most frequently mention reading books, gift card and daily giveaway. OnlineBookClub.org ranks 5th among Books Other sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 99.8%

• Online Book Club is a great way to learn about new books and get a chance to review them.
  • I love OnlineBookClub.org for the awesome book reviews, written by several different members.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate OnlineBookClub.org?

“Review of novel: CHANGE”

N G.
6/22/21

I'm grateful for, and am really impressed by this review. I didn't expect my novel CHANGE to get 4 out of 4 stars. The reviewer clearly enjoyed the novel, and that came across in the review. I can't ask for more than that. The comments he made were valid and I will take them on board. It's not time to give up my day job just yet, but this review has encouraged me to keep on writing. I would recommend Online Book Club reviews.

“Reviewers and Authors Beware!”

Renu G.
1/17/20

I discovered that OnlineBookClub is not a legitimate site. People are obsessed with nitpicking grammatical errors instead of focusing on the content.

book club (60) book reviews (11)
ng85
June 22nd, 2021

tarab328
April 26th, 2021

OBC is the best online book club ever! I've been a member since 2016, and I love being part of such a positive community. I've connected with people all over the globe that I otherwise would have never had the opportunity. It's a great place to make friends, discover new reads, and even win some cash (I won $20 in the drawing on 4/24/21... yay! Thank you!). A big thank you to Scott, founder of OBC, for providing a community where all are welcome and where everyone's voice is valued. Much appreciated!:-)

No matter where you're from, where you live, and what genre you most enjoy reading, there is something here for all to enjoy! OBC is for everyone! You'll love it here. :-)

Online book club community and daily giveaways

Hi Tara,
Thank you so much for your review and congratulations!

mihirim
January 19th, 2022

Every day through daily giveaways I get a book to read and I'm enjoying reading it & writing reviews. This website is best for readers who has habitual reading. You can download books from amazon and read it in Kindle. When you win daily giveaway you'll get a cash award. That's amazing. Reading has given me a job. Now I have become part of the loving OBC.org community. This is the best safe review site. I recommend this to all.

Monica S. – OnlineBookClub.org Rep

Congrats on winning! Thanks for the review, Mihir!

queene10
October 17th, 2021

I stumbled on this wonderful network some weeks ago on a friend's profile on LinkedIn. I subsequently subscribed as a reader and a reviewer, just to check it out and maybe have some fun. I had been quite sloppy in my reading habits lately.The email follow-up and reminders for tasks are awesome and keep me up my toes. The website has very easy-to-use navigation bars. The books of the day are also top notch. I already like it here and I believe I'd stick around a long while.

Monica S. – OnlineBookClub.org Rep

Thank you for your review, Queen!

smilings
May 14th, 2021

I have been a member of OBC for a few years. At first, I had doubts, since it's hard to believe that you can earn money just by reading and reviewing books. Indeed, it was certainly not easy with all the requirements you need to meet. However, after fulfilling them, I'm able to receive rewards for my efforts, such as payment after my reviews are published or payment for The First Ten program.

mardil2
March 23rd, 2021

Let me be honest and admit that I was somewhat afraid to have my book reviewed. But I knew it was an important step for me to take. I found the OnlineBookClub reviewer to be fair and her feedback to be extremely useful. The review covered everything: content, grammar, approach, etc. There are millions of books out there and if you want your book to be taken seriously, I strongly recommend that you take this step. My only regret is that I did not do this sooner.

Hi Mardi,

merikol
April 26th, 2021

I've only joined a couple of hours ago but, I can honestly say it is worth it! My experience is genuinely amplified by the enticing books & titles but, mostly the captivating reviews. They're somewhat brief, insightful assessments that nearly portray the likeness of the illustrations verbatim. I hope you take my word for it, because my description hasn't been tainted by money/compensation. It emanates from my newfound fascination contributed by personal experience.

Hi Meriko,
Thank you so much for your review.

phillipl138
March 18th, 2021

The experience was most worthwhile. To receive positive comments about my short story from discerning, interested and learned critics were most rewarding and worthwhile. I was also afforded the opportunity to outline the importance of such promotions in greatly increasing an awareness of my work on the international scene. Three of my short stories promoted through this medium are currently being converted into film scripts for consideration as movies.

Hi Phillip,

oliviab223
January 14th, 2021

I inquired into purchasing a promotional package for my fiancé's new book as a birthday gift. Scott was absolutely fantastic and totally took care of me and helped with my situation. Other than being a great platform for free books and generating reviews, their customer service is top notch. Really grateful for these guys!

katerinab19
December 12th, 2021

I joined this platform a few months ago, and I am satisfied. There were some misunderstandings, however, as soon as the administration found out they immediately eliminated the problems. I think this platform is excellent for both reviewers and authors. Anyone who doubts the legitimacy of this website, believe me here your work will be appreciated. All the processes will go much faster than indicated on the website and also of course none of your reviews will be left without an editor rating.

Monica S. – OnlineBookClub.org Rep

Hi Katerina, thanks for your review!

danielaa70
December 27th, 2021

Awsome site! There was NOT 1 book / author that I could think of, searched, and couldn't find! Their e-books are are well categorized so if you just feel like reading but not sure what, they have a solution for that! You can browse / search by category (obviously) - education, historical, science-fiction, etc. You can even search by things like moods such as - love stories, sad, gangster, etc. Best part is that its all FREE!

Thank you, Daniela!

brir13
November 8th, 2021

Online book club has created a platform that helps both the authors or readers, the employed and the unemployed by giving meaningful jobs and opportunities to both parties. My experience so far has been a little rough since there's a lot to get use to. Not to mention the numerous guidelines to follow. I hope to continue until I become monetized while giving my time and effort through service to aid authors on there journey to success.

Thank you, Bri!

sarrik
May 22nd, 2021

I found Onlinebookclub.org by accident in October 2020. I was sent there by a giveaway link. After further looking into it, I found a way to get paid for most book reviews along with their daily giveaway. I get to read new books, write a review, get paid for that review, and enter into daily giveaways worth up to $40. I absolutely enjoy reading so getting paid to do so is just a bonus. I definitely recommend checking them out.

Hello Sarri,

yvonnev56
April 15th, 2021

I have been on the Onlinebookclub.org review team since September 2020, and I must say that the experience has been highly enjoyable so far. I have come across some great books to review, and I am very grateful for the received payments. Additionally, I have won the "Book of the day" contest once, and earned the "First Ten" payout twice, which have all been paid swiftly. I have not had any big issues, but the few questions that have come up during these months, have been answered by the OBC team within 24 hours.

Hi Allison,

joanner245
June 20th, 2021

I've been with OBC since July 2020 and so far everything I expect is met. I got to read books for free and been compensated for the reviews I made. Yes, some of the reviews I made do not have good ratings but what do I expect. All things should meet a certain standard so that this site can remain its prestige. And those ratings make me want to try harder which is a gain in itself. I also received free books by joining a daily raffle which I won recently, a major plus for this site.

If you like reading this is a good site to have.

sweetsoursaltya
June 16th, 2021

The OnlineBookClub.org provides a great opportunity to review the books that you like and get compensated for it. I have been doing a couple of reviews with them for almost a year now. I appreciate how the system works and the handling of transactions. My recent review earned a free book and a bonus. Thank you so much for your commitment to books and reading.

Ebooks

am950
September 19th, 2021

You legitimately get paid to read books. I've made over $100 in the last 6 weeks. It's easy and straightforward and is perfect for people who love to read. Definitely recommend!

hisseino
December 26th, 2021

The online book club provides interesting books of different genres as well as a source of income for me. I as a student who appreciates the love Scott has shown for nerds and unemployed undergraduates, could not rate the site less than excellent!
The reviews provided by reviewers are genuine and well detailed. What more could I ask for?
Free books
Earning money
Providing introverts with a chance to make friends and communicate
Making me realise I'm not alone the only book addict in this world!

Monica S. – OnlineBookClub.org Rep

Thank you, Hissein! Glad to have you :)

carolv626
November 4th, 2021

I am in awe of my experience with OnlineBookClub.org. On this new journey I am learning and earning. A low rating was a shock to my ego, but the professional way in which errors was dealt with and analysed left me feeling more informed, content and ready for the next adventure! Thank you for this opportunity to read. Thank you for paying me to do so.
Americanisms make me scratch me head, but I will read the grammar platform provided. Everything depends on me really, because your support is comprehensive.

Monica S. – OnlineBookClub.org Rep

Thank you for your review, Carol!

rolandj48
September 23rd, 2021
• Updated review

One of the few book sites that I've personally visited with any regularity that demonstrates any organization, direction and easy to understand tech issues. Take your time, read the instructions, follow them and you will minimize any confusion. They are great when it comes to answering questions and giving you the correct information you need to resolve and tech issues might have. Excellent book site. Nothing beats OBC.Org

Have all your information handy when you need assistance. It's time consuming when you have to leave a tutorial to searching for something. You are wasting everyone's time if you aren't prepared. Have everything right there in front of you. You'll be surprised at how fast things will go.

Books

Alice In Dreamland
September 18th, 2021
• Previous review

As a new member of OBC it's pleasant to finally come across an intellectual site that has its focus on books and reading. The site is easy to navigate. The comments are appropriate. And the available references are up to date and currant.

Be sure you have the minutia available and handy to help speed things up. You waste time having to stop in the middle of conversation having to go look for information. Have it right in front of you.

Books

dieterg14
January 7th, 2022

I wish to congratulate the reviewer on a marvellous piece of work. The reviewer has noted some small errors and I have fixed all of them on a new manuscript.

I am so pleased with the manuscript that I would like a name or identifier so that I can use the same reviewer again for my first book, Destiny Cottage that requires an edit and resubmission, but more importantly of my next book. She has demonstrated the ability to portray complex issues in a review helpful to the author

Monica S. – OnlineBookClub.org Rep

Hi Dieter, thank you and congrats!

stephens1507
April 18th, 2021

The website is, for starters, beautifully done and intuitive to use. Here I've met a community of like-minded people who love reading. I can discuss books with others, and get insightful recommendations from the site's incredible Review Team. Above all, joining is easy and free! Kudos to Scott and the team that has made all this possible.

Hi Stephen,

howardg317
July 30th, 2021

I was very pleased with the review I got on the onlinebookclub.org. It was lengthy and detailed indicating the reviewer not only read but though carefully about my novel. It's always fascinating to read how other people have impressions of your work that you didn't necessarily realize you'd made but are perfectly valid and insightful.

Hello Howard,

anitaj174
December 4th, 2021

Thank you so much for the 4 out of 4 stars! When I submitted my book for review, I didn't know what to expect. After reading the review, It was clear to me that J. Edwards read 301 pages with an open mind. Edward articulated well and expressed opposing opinions respectfully. What I like mostly about the review is how intently thorough it was written. However, I wished there could have been one mention of a triumph in the mix. Nonetheless, I feel it's important to get an honest review whether good or bad. In my case it was not only honest, but great. Thanks again

Tori F. – OnlineBookClub.org Rep

Hi Anita, thank you for your review!

jenniferc2440
May 10th, 2021

I like this book Sarah whose low self-esteem made her so subservient to her husband, Tyler. It was pathetic to read her thoughts, "She'd never do better for herself than Tyler Chandler" even after he'd so blatantly insinuated that he'd cheat on her if she delayed meeting his bedroom needs. I see him as a manipulator and have the feeling that he's got something coming for him

Hello Jennifer,
Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad you are enjoying the book so far.

Hi Hamaze, can you describe the game? We have daily giveaways where we draw prizes each day, but there's no game aspect to it and it doesn't cost money.

By Monica S.

Hello, you can use this link to have your children's book reviewed by our team: https://onlinebookclub.org/submit-book.php

By Monica S.

Hi, Bruce, You can sign up as a reviewer at: https://onlinebookclub.org/free-books-for-reviews.php Thank you, Scott

By Scott H., Webmaster

Hi, Carol, there is a contact link on every page of the website. Here is the direct link to the contact page: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/contact.php

Question:

Is it a scam?

No, it is not a scam. It is a real way for authors to get their book read, reviewed, shared, and publicized. It is also a real way for people to get paid to do book reviews and to earn/win some Amazon gift cards legitimately.

By Sara G.
See more answers (3)

If you write a book review for onlinebookclub.org, you must follow their guidelines. Some of them are writing a short summary, answering - What did you best like/least like about the book and why? - rating the book, etc. Each review is checked for grammar and if it followed the guidelines by an editor, and then it will be published, and the reviewer is awarded points and paid. Each review must be at least 400 words. Look on the website under guidelines to get all of the requirements for writing reviews.

By Sara G.
See more answers (3)

The first thing you should do is go to the Review Team Page and sign up. Then browse the forums for welcomes and tips. Your first review will NOT be paid, but please do your best on it because it will make or break your experience.

By Chelsalina C.
See more answers (3)

The payment ranges from $5 to $60 per review. But the amount you are paid depends largely on your level.

By Michelle F.
Question:

How can i join?

As a reviewer. I'm not looking to make a fortune but if it works out then I won't need to find a part time job. I'm interested in good books not "50 shades of grey".

By Lorain D.
See more answers (3)

Hi, Laura! Yes, we have many non-fiction reviews actually. You can see them at: https://onlinebookclub.org/reviews/?genre=24

See more answers (3)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the OnlineBookClub.org staff and other customers.

OnlineBookClub.org is an awesome site for readers. We have international book discussions, virtual bookshelves to track what you have read, original book reviews and much more!

Business History

OnlineBookClub.org was started in 2006, before Kindle even existed. We now have over two million members and counting.

scotth138
Scott H.
Webmaster
Typically responds within 2 days
The most important thing to me is my two kids. I am a full-time dad.

I created OnlineBookClub.org over 15 years ago. I am very passionate about client satisfaction and making OnlineBookClub.org the best it can be. I work 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

There is a contact link on every page of OnlineBookClub.org, so if you ever have any trouble or questions at all, please contact me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OnlineBookClub.org?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

5.0
Have a question about OnlineBookClub.org?