eBay UK

Reviews.io

eBay UK has a consumer rating of 2.5 stars from 147 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about eBay UK most frequently mention customer service, negative feedback and tracking number problems.eBay UK ranks 377th among Marketplace sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 3.2%

No positive highlights yet

• If you call customer services to complain about eBay they hang up on you.
How would you rate eBay UK?

“5/5”

William M.
2/1/20

Always happy with purchases both with quality and delivery time. Prefer it over amazon and no hassle checking out

“Un accepted selling terms, out of order ( passports)”

Natalie C.
1/30/22

Avoid eBay They want passport and driving licence just so you can sell, They lie, it's not law in UK or USA to give them details, they also lie and say you can't pay fees one off to them, of course you can, but they still shut down your selling listings because you refuse to send over passport or driving licence or council tax proof, birth certificate etc. The worst selling platform, over 15 yrs on eBay and no problems till now, they lost business.

customer service (19)
nataliec427
January 30th, 2022

Avoid eBay
They want passport and driving licence just so you can sell,

williamm2587
February 25th, 2021

I ordeed Molton Brown Eucalyptus shower gel on 18/1,2 bottles arrived 25/1, not the molton brown I have bought from Molton Brown previously. Contacted seller ( Sigma Advantage 1540) to ask for refund. NO RESPONSE. After 5 contact chats where refund was promised, I was sent an e mail with returns label which would not print, i returned the goods. I sent E Bay proof of postage, and then got e mail, stating, " CASE CLOSED NO REFUND". Have reported this to Trading standards. DISGUSTED.

GO TO AMAZON OR QVC THEY DO NOT RIP YOU OFF

none

erikal161
November 1st, 2021

Ebay is rubbish, i got forced to managed payments, they asked for my passport, and proof of address. Then they just suspended me for no reason, i had no disputes. I told them i can go on cam, walk into a court of law to prove my identity to see if they dont belive who i am. They saw me as a small seller and dont care as im not making them enough money. They are crooks who have increased fees on listing, selling fees, tax, even taking cuts of postage. Awful platform for new sellers.

rw448
July 29th, 2020

Ebay made me prove I had not received the goods from "Alice" by contacting courier and asking for evidence. I did so 3 times and courier failed to respond on each occasion. Seller has been believed even though I have not had the goods and was in the day(s) the courier said they were delivered - both 8 and 18 June for one item! Avoid. I have cancelled my membership of Ebay and caution against seller.

elizabethm2661
December 19th, 2021

Ebay took payments from buyers then asked me the seller to upload ID. They won't payout until I do. I have already sent the items so can't refund. They are criminals. Maybe they are in the process of being taken down along with Twitter, Amazon, FAcebook and all the other you know who criminal organisations that want to take over the world.

aj389
May 2nd, 2021

FRAUD Ebay continue to steal money from people by taking it out of their accounts even after signing over to the new agreement where when you've sold something ebay deducts the fees themselves, so PayPal is no longer involved, but after checking my account PayPal has paid ebay £13.61, ebay and PayPal are both FRAUDS and hopefully they'll continue to lose sellers on their platform.

deanw181
March 7th, 2022

This is a review to warn others when they buy via eBay through one of their major online companies. I purchased a pair of shoes from the Superdrystore on eBay. The shoes arrived brand new but not as advertised, not in a box as advertised and in DIFFERENT SIZES!

When I went through the very complicated process of returning them and making a complaint I find it very hard to both get a refund and to leave a negative review

In fact I could not leave a review it would not let me, so the whole buying process of looking at reviews on a product is a total scam between eBay and their selling companies

Surely this illegal that you can only leave positive reviews?

The shoes were clearly poorly made and looked counterfeit but there is no way of warning others, what a disgrace

Both eBay and the Superdrystore should be ashamed to be able to con customers like this

Don't use them

Didn't, sent them back

mauriliod2
February 24th, 2022

I bought a defective product. I tried to return it, but the company that collects it (Parcel Force) informed me that I was not at home (but actually the Parcel Force employee entered my house and, seeing that it was a large and heavy product to be collected, he said he would go there and then come back and did not come back, but informed Parcel Force that we were not at home. I tried in several ways to return the product, I even proposed to deliver the product in the mail, but I was ignored by the seller. E-bay thought the salesman was right and I was wrong. I felt like I was a liar.

Do not buy anything that is large and heavy, as there is no money back guarantee and you may have a hard time getting your money back.

Memory Foam

felixc117
December 9th, 2021

Scams hiding around every corner endorsed by ebay. Do not support this company all they care about is taking your money and will screw you over at any moment if they want to

Dont get involved they are liars, all out to deceive you

Many

sergeg25
February 19th, 2022

What terrible online company! Customer service practically inexistent and if you are finally able to contact them, they are simply rude and unhelpful. NO protection to their customers unless you are a seller.
It is simply one of the worse online company.
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

And it is obvious that Ebay can't care less about their customers as they don't even have the courtesy to reply to complaints. Eurk!

AVOID and shop elsewhere

Amazon

deanc414
April 26th, 2022

Feedback and abusive buyer policy updates
EBay have updated there feedback and returns process and there are a few things to be aware of.

Feedback.
EBay's feedback system scores do not reflect the actual sellers integrity or performance.
The seller not have the ability to get any negative or neutral feedback removed with one simple phone call.
( amazons feedback system does not allow for the remove all of given feedback, and seems a more genuine experience)
If a seller doesn't like what's been written, this is now easily removed, as is the neutral to negative feedback options.
When you now look at a sellers feedback, it now doesn't mean anything.

Returns policy.
If you have more than 2 returns a year, you are considered and abusive buyer and a new policy has been introduced called "the abusive buyer policy"

EBay have a money back guarantee, but, they don't want you to use it.
If you make 10 purchases and have to return over 2, for any legitimate reason, you will track on there system.
They will then send you an email saying you are an abusive buyer.
If you buy 10 more things and again have a legitimate reason to return an item ( damaged in the post etc),
EBay will close your account with no chance of appeal.

Amazons offering is completely different, quibble free returns, genuine feedback,
EBay buyers and sellers now need to be aware.

Shop with amazon

bjarnet
November 10th, 2021

If you are a seller and have an issue with a buyer, ebay will back the buyer 100% regardless of the circumstances. I have been trying to resolve a return/ refund dispute with a buyer and every message I have sent to ebay has been ignored. I sent the buyer a return postage label, which they did not use. Still ebay refunded the buyer, closed the case & my appeal. Horrible company!

victord208
March 29th, 2021

If you do want to trap in any scam then please use the other websites to buy product online. Also the customer support is the worst. They will always try to convince you that its all your (buyer's) fault and they can not do anything against that. Scammers!

dane407
July 16th, 2021

You can blame ebay for your parcel being late as they hold your payment from the seller for up to 8 days! For no other reason than to collect the interest on our sales. Was a good company, now greedy, corrupt and deceiving STAY CLEAR If you want an item quickly!

That ebay hold the sellers payment from them for up to 8 days! So most sellers wait until ebay finally sends them the money before shipping the product. Can't blame the sellers, ebay have become greedy, no other reason.

Pool

pedror189
November 18th, 2021

Costumer services useless. Keep promising but never did. I feel robbed and raped. Not respect at all. But Humax recording box sent back I have tracking number but every day a new excuse to whole my £100 back. My rating is zero.

terryo42
September 14th, 2020

I purchased an item through eBay, the item has not arrived. EBay is making every excuse in favour of the seller, allowing them extra time for the item to arrive. When they should have the seller blocked, and refund me my hard-earned cash. I have been a member since 2007. And they could not care less about me. Their attitude on chat is deplorable and arrogant. I am closing my account shortly and I would advise anyone thinking of opening one or thinking of purchasing anything through eBay to think long and hard before doing so. They are the worst to communicate with, you cannot email, it is blocked. I've tried phoning only to be cut off after several minutes on hold. Chat is stressful and a total waste of time. Be Warned!

giovannif28
December 9th, 2020

I had a problem with a dishonest buyer which I bought a brand new phone, wait a week and then open a dispute for a microphone faulty... he open the phone and change components... so now I got no money and broken phone... this is eBay now... I just walk away and move to Facebook Amazon etc etc USELESS

pouriab1
February 7th, 2022

I spend plenty time in this eBay to find the things on good price in auction but there is no auction by it s mean anymore, if you won the item cheap seller can cancel the deal and you can not leave any negative feedback for seller any more that means the smallest thing which was a negative feedback for this kind of sellers can't be done any more so what is the point to leave possetive? Before ebay used to ask me to do surveys and I rated eBay poor and now even they don't let me to do the surveys, worse to worse

lillyl61
March 6th, 2022

Unless you are rich and can go weeks after paying postage without money then avoid eBay

Complete trash

Don’t use your last money to pay postage unless your ok waiting weeks too. Be paid

Nothing as I’ve not been paid leaving me hungry

charlottes316
September 30th, 2021

I sold a pair of shoes on eBay ( designer, Chanel to be specific) I had bought them from the boutique myself so I can 1000% guarantee that they authentic. I sent them with the box to so called " authentication centre", got paid for the item and now 2 days later I receive a message from the buyer that, she has received a message from eBay explaining that the trainers are not authentic. Firstly, is the embarrassment and second is the unprofessional authentication centre that has no clue what they are doing. It is just disgraceful to see a department judge's your items based on their opinion and not on facts. I bought the shoes in 2017 so of course I don't have the receipt but I can provide proof from the store as I have my history there. But based on eBay's notes their opinion is the final call and no appeal is accepted. So my question to ebay is, If you think It is not authentic then there should be room for an appeal, after all you have not stated proof of purchase is a must when selling designer items. And if no, you do not accept appeals, then you should be 100% sure that you know that the item is a fake before sending out such emails to the buyers and leaving the poor sellers looking like scammers in the buyers eyes. You are extremely quick to remove your fees, so you should do your jobs properly. You are getting paid for the service you provide.

johnm8268
October 15th, 2021

Ordered an item from Motor solutions on eBay. Was advised del would take 3-5 days. Messaged the seller on several occasions and asked for a refund.as I had waited 7 days. Seller refused a refund so I wrote on eBay feedback about the atrocious attitude of motor solutions. They then messaged me to say I would receive a refund if I removed the feedback. These people a obviously totally untrustworthy and underhanded and should not be in business except maybe in the underworld.
By the way it is now 15 days since the item was supposedly dispatched?
And eBay have been no help at all. Motor solutions are to customer care what Maggie Thatcher was to the miners

Don't

None didn't arrive

suzanneh475
February 3rd, 2022

I have been with eBay for decades and have an excellent record selling with them. Tried to open a new account and they permanently suspended it! They wouldn't tell me why and we're extremely rude. Absolutely shocking behaviour! I am going to trading standards about this.

bernardr79
October 10th, 2021

Another sell/buy platform has become a necessary thing. Ebay is in its last days. I will not explain more, but those who are selling on Ebay know that.

soord
March 18th, 2022

Ebay is useless. They can and will ban you upon whim. They do not explain why. It has happened twice, nor can you appeal it. Ebay used to be good, but now it is ruined. They have extortionate fees to sell. Go elsewhere.

md497
August 18th, 2020

I have used ebay in the past as a infrequent buyer and it has generally been ok. Recently I decided to start selling on ebay, I had some products so set up an account and listed my items. I researched prices from other sellers who were selling similar items and followed the ebay system as it asked me find similar items so i could post in the right categories... all seemed to be fine, the items were listed and started to get views etc.
This morning i received a email telling me my account was suspended, it provided no reasons at all for the suspension so i contacted their customer service via the online chat and they essentially refused to give me any reasons for the suspension and disconnected me when i tried to discuss the issue. If i have broken any rules its completely accidental and i would have been willing to make any required changes but they have literally suspended the account and then removed me from their system without any rationale being given and now refuse to discuss it... basically high handed and impossible to work with

Customer service doesn't exist. They never answer, unless you're threatening to cost them big money.

By James H.

It varies. Each item has an estimated date to you. Look closely at the page, underneath the item where it describes the shipping.

By James H.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the eBay UK staff and other customers.

Buy and sell electronics, cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, digital cameras, baby items, coupons, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay UK?

Have a question about eBay UK?