GAME

Reviews.io

GAME has a consumer rating of 1.58 stars from 28 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about GAME most frequently mention customer service problems.GAME ranks 132nd among Video Games Other sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 33.3%
How would you rate GAME?

“Nice Website”

firs c.
1/25/22

The user experience is commendable but it could be better. There were hassles and I made payment online which they didn't receive because of site bugs. So the game pads I paid for they couldn't recover. I recovered that payment through crown oak tech

“Poor service no telephone number”

Keith E.
2/1/21

Ordered my item on the 10th December, I emailed to cancel on 22nd due to no comms only to be told it was on its way. Returned item on 31st Dec. Took over a month to refund, despite many emails, I had few responses. I decided to email CEO (twice)(Martyn Gibbs AKA Mickey Mouse), never replied. The man and his organisation is a waste of space. Avoid!

keithe162
February 1st, 2021

Go elsewhere

beckyp148
March 3rd, 2021

Made me wait over 5 hours for a PS5 in a queue. Finally got to checkout, console only was sold out so had to get a bundle, once I paid and order confirmation came through email I got a second email cancelling my order. Security problem? My personal card, my registered address, my email and my telephone. How can it fail? I've used Game for years but no longer a fan. They've upset alot of people today and this is going to cost them in the long term. 0 Stars.

terryf304
December 17th, 2020

I Purchased a new nitendo switch for my daughters for Xmas it arrived at the end of November but was the incorrect model I complaind a got a reply today the 17th Dec telling me to send it back by post yeah like that would get to me for Xmas day I have two girls so got the brighter colour controllers red & blue they sent a grey edition very poor service Terry farlow I sent you an email

davida3327
December 7th, 2021

Paid game.co.uk for a Mac game got the code, but there is nowhere to input into the web page, contacted them, Nathan who I was talking to clearly did not what he was doing or they could not handle games for Mac's he could not come up with a way to make it work, no money back, so don't go to them for anything Mac, There are just a bunch of crooks.

Don't go near them

Nothing

neilf375
August 1st, 2020

Please don't buy from this company I brought a phone which arrived damaged sent it back with a cost to me of £7.50 postage to be told that I had damaged the phone absolutely disgusting I've now got to take legal action.
Do your self a favour and stay away

marka1390
December 9th, 2020

Arranged to pick up a x box one series x in meadowhall Sheffield with manager Dan

Upon arrival was told the agreed amount had increased by 150pds

Wasted my time and also disappointed son

Cannot find words to describe what a set up

Tried ringing Cust service to no avail

Have since seen all the terrible reviews

Avoid are ask for it in writing do not trust them

None

joshc341
June 17th, 2021

One of the worst websites I have ever been on it tells me I dont live in the uk, and my email adress I not real, so I cant order thing.

thomasa668
November 12th, 2020

Absolutely f****** woeful business to deal with. Screwed up a PS5 pre order. No contact telephone number, no live chat, no email replies and the sh*ttest web page known to man.

davidp2721
February 17th, 2021

If you are considering buying anything from this company see how easy it is to contact their customer service team. This should put you off straight away. I can't tell you what I really think as there would be too many expletives

I wouldn't recommend using them

None- cancelled the order because they hadn't delivered in time and still awaiting a refund two months after the order

zoeb100
April 6th, 2021

BAD RETURNS DEPARTMENT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE! I would leave 0 stars if I could! I recently bought a PowerA Fusion Pro Wireless controller from game for my boyfriend, within a couple of days I decided to return the product as it was not the right feel for him, he did not use controller he only opened it for inspection. I tried to return the product through their "14day right to change your mind" policy, where it states the product can be opened for inspection but not used, which is what happened. I have been talking with game over the last 2 weeks as there returns department rejected my return claiming it had been used when it had not! Game have also refused to refund me the money I paid to send the return that was rejected on false pretences! I will no longer use GAME to order my products online. Extremely dissatisfied with how they have approached this matter!

DON’T

None were used

jamese1264
October 26th, 2021

DO NOT USE FOR ONLINE ORDERS YOU WILL BE ROBBED AND ACCUSED!
Ordered online parcel arrived opened with nothing inside but my invoice (they use hermes) hermes app delivery picture doesn't even show my parcel it shows a bofor someone else, clearly trying to cover his tracks... been trying to in contact with no avail on live chat and twitter since 11am it's now 530pm they got back to me at 5pm after being on live chat all day for them to tell me they've opened a ticket and basically acusing me of lying! Been a customer for over 10 years Been an elite member since it started but that will be getting cancelled and I will not be using again after this.
Very poor company customer service worst ove ever dealt with never known a company

DO NOT USE

Pokemon celebrations mini tins

mikem2316
November 7th, 2020

Rude customer service, don't buy nothing from this company. It's full of scams and all games are pre own

hengw1
May 29th, 2020

Well... i don't even want to give them any point, I have asked them to cancel my order month ago, and did not get even one piece of reply. And now I asked them to not do the shipping, and they ignored my letters!
Please think more than twice before you do the order.
And... they say they offer many ways to contact them, but actually they do not even read the messages either on Instagram or Facebook, oh, and also, they say the customers could contact them by this email
*******@game.co.uk
But nah, maybe it is a fake address? You would not get anything from this mail box.
Anyway, not recommended, there are a lot of game stores, it is not necessary to get games from this one.

aaronk190
March 2nd, 2020

I bought a pre-owned Bayonetta 2 + Bayonetta, but when I opened the case, the Bayonetta download code wasn't there.
I contacted the customer service, the guy argued that there is this little Note saying "Preowned versions may not include additional content", and therefore they can't do anything about it since I broke the seal and opened the game case.

But the thing is, the product title clearly suggests "Bayonetta 2 + Bayonetta", and the product description clearly says "Includes a download code for Bayonetta 1"

And there's no way for me to know what "additional content" meant before buying the game. Because what's included should be included, any "additional content" should be things additional to the advertised content.

If the note had said, "Bayonetta 1 DLC is NOT included in the pre-owned version", then I'd understand and I wouldn't have bought the product in the first place.

Now I am stuck with a product that does me no good and wasted my money.

Very disappointed!

jamesc2120
March 31st, 2020

Cancelled my pre order gave no reason, wont contact me, cant get through to them at all, worst service, atleast contact me

aister1
May 18th, 2020

I ordered phone on 19th of April and still have delivered! I can't contact them to get my money back. I would not recommend to anyone buy something for them!

charlesp943
December 30th, 2020

Ordered goods on 23rd December cancled the order the same day. Game was delivered anyway sent back no refund. Raised numerous complaints to date NO responce.

connorm186
May 7th, 2020

They will pretend to post DPD next day delivery and charge you extra for it, but actually downgrade the delivery and you won't get it for 2+weeks.

seanc516
March 19th, 2021

Ordered a PS5 from GAME. Royal mail delivered it to the wrong address and it has since gone missing hence royal mail lost it. As I paid for priority insured delivery I contacted GAME. There is no phone number only there terrible email service. In the mean time I have been dealing with royal mail complaints who have taken full responsibility for my lost PS5. Any other company it would be easy you just phone speak to someone they contact royal mail put in a claim and send me a replacement ment. But no not GAME. After a week I get a email back saying its not there problem contact royal mail. So I phone royal mail and the consumer advice bureau and they both said it is GAMES responsibility to contact royal mail and as royal mail have accepted responsibility for the loss it is just a simple case of sending a replacement. I emailed GAME back and yet a week later no reply.

Don't please avoid

Video games

firsc
January 25th, 2022

ae134
December 5th, 2019

Keep away from this store. Very poor customer service. Bought a gaming headset for my son from the bullring Birmingham store. Took it back straightaway as it was faulty. The store manager was very rude and racist. He just accused me of damaging it.
I will stick to Amazon.
Dr A El-Modir

tinyr1
June 29th, 2019

That's the second time I've had to deal with this guy in the Game at Clydebank. It's awful customer service in my opinion. I asked if they had an "edition" of a game and they said oh that's "Preorder exclusive" Lies. You wanna know why? I got the game no problem on the Nintendo Eshop a week after the game came out and even funnier that I got the preorder bonuses as it was a digital version. The edition that I asked for. It's also on Amazon and other sites as well. I seen some behind the guy and I told him look there's stuff there. He said oh sorry that's for "preorder people" Your talking a load of rubbish because the game has been out for a week and you keep preorders for 2 days or 48 hours. Your just keeping it to yourselves really. The guy gave some cheek too with his tone of voice. I do not recommend going to Game as this incident has happened twice.

so41
October 5th, 2018

DO Not use online trade-in... Sent off 6 games for trade, got an email to say one of the games was not UK made. Rubbish, I actually bought this particular game in my local Game store. They refused to give me money for the game and refused to return it. I won't be using this service again, sell on ebay or Amazon instead.

adrianm88
June 1st, 2018

I tried to purchase 3 games from their 3 for 2 section witch states "3 for 2 Mix and Match", but when I went to check out, the discount was not applying. I asked customer services and the representative sayd the games have to be sold by GAME and not third party retailers.So even though they are in the 3 for 2 section, it does not matter. You are still paying full price unless you are lucky to find all 3 items are sold by the same retailer. By the way you have no way of knowing witch retailer sells witch game until you go to checkout. What a bunch of bull...

alisonc16
August 23rd, 2015

I have recently made a purchase of a gaming chair from another retailer but I visited my local Game store in London to seek advice.

Game sell gaming chairs on their website. I was particularly interested in purchasing a BraZen Gaming Chair since my research had indicated that these were the best chairs to buy.

Game stores are relatively small so I was not surprised to be advised that they held no stock locally. However, I was surprised by the total lack of any knowledge about the products they sell and the very dismissive reaction to my interest in buying a gaming chair. I was simply advised to go online.

Very unprofessional and rude.

Questions? Get answers from the GAME staff and other customers.

The UK's leading games retailer with great deals on video games, consoles, accessories and more. Plus earn 1% of your purchase value back in Reward Points with a GAME Reward account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GAME?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.6
Have a question about GAME?