Amazon UK

Reviews.io

Amazon UK has a consumer rating of 3.36 stars from 209 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Amazon UK most frequently mention next day, good prices and many years.Amazon UK ranks 34th among Marketplace sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 21.1%

No positive highlights yet

• Dreadful customer service and very apathetic response from the floor supervisor and telephone agents for that matter.
How would you rate Amazon UK?

“Stay home stay safe”

Shisir A.
6/16/20

At this crisis moment of the pandemic Coronavirus, we are receiving orders through online. In this regard our delivery process depends on the Government's Instructions about COVID-19. However Walton has taken some special initiatives for delivering the products to the valued customers obeying the Government's Instructions as well as maintaining personal safety of the persons who will deliver the products. Therefore, it may take some time in the delivery of products. Please Stay Home & Stay Safe

“Plasma Ball Broken after 5 months... No return option. Put it in the bin!”

Alex W.
5/29/21

Bought a Plasma Ball from Amazon. It broke after 5 months. Essentially nothing can be done, No refund option. Essentially its gone beyond the 90 day warranty period which basically means tough. I used to think there was a 12 month warranty on any product I bought in the UK however this is not the case. Be very careful using amazon! I used to use them a lot but thankfully this has taught me a lesson and it only cost me Seventeen pounds for the privilege. I will use a reputable seller in future.

customer service (29)
alexw615
May 29th, 2021

Be weary - most products now have only a 90 day warranty..Not so bad when its a cheap item like this but ordering through Amazon and spending a lot more money on a product that is not covered after 90 days! could prove costly..

Plasma Ball

loanu1
February 28th, 2021

Don't value your custom for over 15 years!
Send out rude/inflammatory emails asking why your return products!
Well if they didn't send out faulty/poor quality items or not to brand standard, then customers would not have to return!
Maybe they should familiarise their selves with the Consumers rights act 2015, of their customers have a right to return!
Rude customer services!
Won't be my first go to point to shop going forward!

shisira
June 16th, 2020

jimm1081
March 3rd, 2020

Worst company ever see. Bought couple antennas and paid 21 february. 1st arrived its 26/02 but item stay 3 days milano italy.
05/03 change delivery day. Now more problem wit ups can't macho address, phone number etc. amazon say delivery day 05/03-19/03.
Say sorry about delay and give me back shipping cost!
China delivery more fast through nederland.
What i say? Never buy again from amazon uk
Im waiting bout month arrived on small packet from europe.
AMAZING

chrisw1027
February 21st, 2020

Late deliveries. Wrong items delivered. No exchange.
Amazon deliberately make it difficult to place orders without also buying Prime. The process is intentionally confusing making it an unpleasant and unnecessarily aggressive selling tactic.
Prime Next Day Delivery? More like "If We Deliver Anything, It'll Be Late And Probably Not What You Wanted"

anthonyt450
July 4th, 2020

I have been using Amazon Prime for many years now, and although I have had my fair share of issues ranging from fake items being sold to poor delivery estimates, Amazon's customer service, returns policy, efficiency, and systems are very good and have steadily improved over the years.

Most of my purchases (mainly electrical and electronic) are now from Amazon, with the more random and less dependable eBay coming in second. On many occasions I have surprisingly found Amazon prices, especially on new items, to be cheaper than on eBay, and there is no competition when it comes to customer service, with eBay being a bit of a joke if you expect a quick resolve when things go wrong.

Please note that I am referring to the Amazon Prime service that you have to pay a yearly subscription to use (about £79.00 at the time of writing this review). For me, the cost of this Prime membership is well worth it, but you will have to decide for yourself if this offers good value for money, as this will of course depend on your individual requirements, budget, and needs.

It would take something quite dramatic for me to stop using Amazon, but there's always room for improvements, hence the 4 rather than 5 stars.

vishangs
July 7th, 2021

What a fantastic little set, plus it's solar-powered, so there are no batteries to worry about. You may cycle among many effects by using the on/off and mode switches on the back of the panel. Both wall and ground mounting options are available (screws and wallplugs supplied). The panel has a variable tilt that may be adjusted to maximise the amount of sunshine it receives.
The 8 metre light string has 60 individual LED lights each set in a small star.
Great little set & no batteries.
Off to find somewhere to put this now in the garden.
Hope this review helps your decision.
I love solar lights in the garden so when I saw these I grabbed them.
I left them charging in the sunlight inside the house for a couple of days before putting them in their place in the garden. There are several modes you can choose - all flashing, half and half flashing, slow flashing and all on. I am not a fan of flashing so mine are on all the time it is dark enough providing there has been sufficient sun to charge it up in the day. The product description mentions a remote control but mine didn't come with one so I can't comment on how that works. I love the star shape and I'm very happy with these lights. Thanks for reading. Each of the 60 individual LED lights on the 8-meter light string is arranged in a tiny star. It's a great small kit that doesn't require batteries. I'm off to find a spot in the garden for this right now. I hope this review aids you in making your selection. I'm a big fan of solar lights in the garden, so when I saw them, I had to get them. Before placing them in the garden, I kept them charging in the sunlight inside the home for a couple of days.

GREAT SELLER AND WORTH BUYING

SAME ONE, THE BEST ONE SO FAR

glennr282
November 22nd, 2021

Beware of Amazon drivers that that have no concept of road safety and total disregard for other road users safety. Luckily I have quick reactions or I would have been writing this from a hospital bed. I tried complaining to Amazon and they apparently have no way of knowing who the driver could have possibly been, even given the exact location and time of day. Unfortunately I was too shaken up to get registration number. It's a shame Amazon don't care that they employ reckless drivers.

charlesm1952
October 26th, 2021

Amazon allows chinese sellers that flog terrible quality items. Once you've waited a month for an item to arrive, if you want to send it back, you'll have to pay for shipping to China. In my case the dodgy seller gave a fake UK address for a return. Amazon don't step in to take action. Instead the dodgy seller can get away with doing nothing. No refund, no action. Beware!

Be careful what you buy

None.

matthewl812
July 5th, 2021

Amazon charge my card 2 x £77.60 (£145.20) without permission and with no purchase made and with 90 mins on customer service, there was no sympathy, zero customer ‘support' and no willing to help give me MY money. So much stress and very challenging to speak to anyone. Am out £145.20…. Why do I need to fight this unnecessary action that I can evidence?

atashao
January 7th, 2021

In light of your incredible competency, we suggest you and we will utilize your best and craziest assistance once more. A debt of gratitude is in order for your astonishing work.

fergusm2
July 3rd, 2020

I purchase a 3 person Jobe towable on Amazon. It arrived in good time. We used it with two people once. After 40 minutes of use, it deflated quite quickly. Back on dry land we examined and found that the inner tube was badly cut in the same shape as the webbing stitching inside the towable. Nearly a mirror cut pattern. We open a chain in Amazon. It automatically posts a response that your issue with be responded to in 7 days. After nine-days, I contacted Amazon through the live chat. That was 30 minutes of getting nowhere. I just gave up in the end. Really shocking customer service

shanem213
December 10th, 2020

Amazon Customer Service a disaster. I made a complaint 12 months ago informing them of an account lockout. I had made a complaint in relation to items not delivered. I have reiterated this advice 13 times including another three attempts today, always given the promise of a callback or email resolution. Follow-up was never received. I am at a loss of €500 for over 12 months.

salamio
January 20th, 2021

This is a scam website. Amazon uk is…
This is a scam website. Amazon uk is nothing but thieves.My amazon uk account was closed, order not despatched.My money i loaded in the wallet from my bank was closed along it. This website is just soiling uk as a nation, I advise uk govt to scrape it. I will still go on legal tussle with them and they must cough out my money.Be warned, The order #**************526.Run from this website, IT IS SCAM!

marcotuliog
January 17th, 2022

I returned the Macbook using Amazon's procedure. I got the refund but after that I received an e-mail saying that the package contained other product and not the Macbook. It's not clear what's going to happen next but they don't give any information on their replies to my e-mails, in chat or in the Costumer Service phone.

Avoid Amazon, especially for high value products.

frankt810
April 25th, 2022

Beware when Amazon have your credit card details when ordering single items from time to time, and don't use Prime, twice I have noticed on my bank statement they have taken £7.99 from my account. For Prime I don't use so keep your eyes on your account you may have been charged unknown to you.

jeryn1
November 20th, 2019

I am really impressed of this site and original product good price and timely deliver keep it up...,...

iant231
October 3rd, 2021

I bought an item on Amazon at what looked like a good price. They then delivered the wrong product. Whether this was deliberate or not I don't know, but it certainly wasn't my fault.

I returned the item using the return process on the website. Then, against my wishes, I had to install the Amazon app in order to contact them to stress that I still wanted the item, not a refund. (I don't know how I could have contacted them if I didn't have a smartphone but the website said I needed to install the app.) The price had gone up (a lot) since I placed the order so wasn't going to place a fresh order for the item, I just wanted the item I ordered at the price I had already paid.

During the first, and numerous successive communications with them, their various passive aggressive Customer Services staff were rude and/or failed to understand the situation and lied to me on more than an one occasion. It turns out that this is standard procedure in Amazon.

Ignore their slogans and deluded visions, Amazon is a company with little regard for the law or your consumer rights. They just do whatever suits them. They are technically in breach of a contract of sale to me by demanding more money in order to fulfil the order and it looks like my only recourse is legal action.

Don't get me wrong but I have bought lower value items before from Amazon and things have generally been ok but this incident has highlighted the fact that Amazon is driven purely by profit. They don't give a rat's rear about customers, or anyone else. I have spent many hours trying to explain this simple matter to Amazon's Customer Services staff without success. They just pretend that it is impossible for them to fulfil my order, even though they still have at least eight in stock (and I only ordered one). Now it looks like I will have to take legal action to get fair treatment. Amazon would very nearly have got a 5 star rating from me but now I know how they are happy to make their customers suffer when THEY fail I am deducting 4 stars.

You might be lucky, but if Amazon messes up it is probably you who will lose a lot of time end end up sorely disappointed and needing to take legal action to resolve the issue. Despite the pretence customer support is basically non-existent. I have given up trying to speak to them now. I get a more useful and considered response when talking to a dog.

Amazon refuse to send me the item I ordered. I bought other products instead but never got the item I wanted.

doctora11
November 24th, 2019

When it comes to purchasing large products, particularly "used" or "refurbished" products advertised on Amazon by Amazon itself, they really like to go as cheap as possible in terms of packaging and delivering.

Back in December 2018, I purchased a £360 PC Monitor with the condition stated "Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. Accessories may have cosmetic damage." I understood that Amazon will be delivering the item repackaged, but the least they could do was package it well.

When it was delivered, the parcel itself was in such a poor quality, it was already half-opened and a had a gaping hole at its side. When I looked inside, I noticed that the PC monitor was only supported by a few measly strips of foam and a plastic bag so thin it was practically invisible. It was no wonder that within the hour of using the monitor, it completely malfunctioned.

For a £360 PC monitor, I expected much better packaging and handling. The worst part was when I had to deal with Amazon's customer service, because they expected me to haul the huge thing to a collection point in which the nearest one was too far a walking distance and I don't drive.

They suggested that I use a collection courier, which I did, and they subsequently had my return parcel lost in their delivery network. It was because of this, I had to spend the whole Christmas without the PC monitor and short of £360. In the end, I received my refund shortly before New Years Eve, but I will never buy large items from Amazon again, and hopefully by now, Amazon's Logistics has changed their act altogether.

thomasv145
Thomas V.
November 6th, 2019

I was able to build my own database with an additional list of about 200 leads., emails and phone numbers. Make sense for people that are looking to build up their CRM.

gm466
September 20th, 2021

The issue that I have experienced was: I am a regular Amazon customer.

I purchased in good faith a product that was faulty and quite frankly could prove dangerous.

Nothing was wrong with this review.

Sadly, an email said my review could not be posted. Strange I thought I always give reviews and I always read reviews before I buy.

Here it is:-

'Lasted ONLY Three 3 Days at that rate 12 will last just over a month!
One Brush lasted ONLY Three 3 Days at that rate 12 will last just over a month!

Before that it felt weird as if straining to work. Then while brushing it just ceased to move like it should.

I would take a picture but it looks the same outside but inside its broken'

It had a 'resubmit' button but when one tries to 'resubmit' it said this '

'We apologize but Amazon is not accepting reviews on this product from this account. If you would like to contact us about this decision, please email *******@amazon.co.uk.'.

This is not a truthful way to run a business, customers rely on Reviews as I do.

Trading standards some time ago agreed and contact Amazon about this before issue before, not allowing truthful reviews. The right for customer reviews to make an informed decision.

I wasted my Time and Money on a faulty product and did not wish for that to occur to anyone else.

It could have been dangerous to me the faulty product might have broken in my mouth, injured or perhaps went into my trachea / lungs while brushing my teeth.

I would Never wish this to happen to anyone. Truthful reviews help inform us customers against faulty products.

Do not trust Amazon Reviews it appears now they prevent honest reviews about poor and dangerous products like mine.

Precision Brush Heads. On Amazon.

oliviah156
November 14th, 2020

I'm absolutely appalled by the amount of packaging they are using at them monument. Items getting packed in separate boxes which could easily have been put in the same box and then padded out with extra paper. What a ridiculous waste! I know they're going to say the boxes and paper are recycled and recyclable but what they are clearly failing to acknowledge is that the recycling process itself burns huge amounts or energy!

They also dont have a proper customer complaints and feedback service. Perhaps the only way to get through to them is to alert Greenpeace and get them on the case. Clearly the only option they are leaving us is to publicly expose and humiliate them.

I will be boycotting them from now on!

garys50
May 28th, 2020

Finally found a means of sending Amazon a review. Had a couple of experiences recently with Amazon one blocking a genuine review because it impacted negatively on their own website and not the seller. I tried to place and order today and have gone through the qualify for free delivery I proceeded to checkout where 3 items would not be delivered to my address and de-selecting them was an ordeal that upset the entire order and reset things I had selected. My free delivery was now set to paid delivery and an item I had wanted 3 of was set to 1 something I did not spot until paid. I contacted customer service via chat to remedy the problem before order was processed too far. I was more or less called a liar and an idiot by the operator I was furious with the operator and ended up cancelling the entire order. Don't think I will be back anytime soon after this experience.

alexag29
November 27th, 2019

I rather buy here than in any other website because 1. I don't have any problems with my cc 2. I find everything I need here 3. They have a lot of options of the same product

jamesv169
July 17th, 2019

Not too happy about this, but I know it happens and it's hard to poinpoint who's fault it is. My keyboard was beat up throughout the delivery and unfortunately it was on sale the the return isn't that easy so I just kept it. I'd say be hesitant with electronic deliveries, a keybord aint much but I can imagine if it was laptop!

It is very easy you just e-mail them and they get back to you within 2 days.

By Sara T.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Amazon UK staff and other customers.

Sign up to Amazon Prime for unlimited One-Day Delivery. Low prices at Amazon on digital cameras, MP3, sports, books, music, DVDs, video games, home & garden and much more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon UK?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.4
Have a question about Amazon UK?