Earthlink

Better Business Bureau
1 / 5

Earthlink has a consumer rating of 1.2 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Earthlink ranks 100th among Internet Service Provider sites.

How would you rate Earthlink?

“Horrible customer service”

Alanis M.
7/22/20

They had told me I would have internet by Wednesday 8am-11am and nobody ever came and I called them and they told me they would call back due to taking care of customers and I never got a call back or my internet! Very furious when I called again they said I need a router and that they hadn't shipped my router out yet and not sure when it will be shipped.

jc109
April 3rd, 2016

This Earthlink call center is located in India. It's corporation is being ran in India, though it is registered in the US. I canceled my internet service with them upon discovery! I am uncomfortable with my private network being monitored in another country.

alanism1
July 22nd, 2020

michaelh121
September 5th, 2017

I've been a subscriber for years and I've noticed in the past couple of years how bad earthlink is at filtering out spam from email. Every day I get lots of spam with the '. Info' tail. I have reported these to earthstink numerous times, and have even sent messges to them asking if they will do something about it, to no avail. It seems apparent that earthstink derives a financial benefit from plastering this junk on my email account. A robot firewall would be an effective means to keep this crap away, but since earthstink obviously gets paid for these ads, it will never get better. Had I not been using this email addy for so long so that my legitimate correspondents know where to send my messages, I would go to another provider.

karab35
October 31st, 2017

Tried Earthlink Hyperlink for a mere week and it was a bad experience from day 2. First off, the sales rep told me over chat the incorrect installation price and I had to talk to two different representatives to get the quoted price which I was told would be refunded over the span of 3 months. Well they knew what they were doing because the service is absolutely horrible and I will never keep it for the span of three months. I've had it for one week and I'm done. I chatted and called tech support 5 times altogether. I was told I'd get speeds of 12 mbps but really that meant only 80% of that (seriously?), well, I was regularly getting less than 1 mbps. I would call, they would ask me to turn off the modem, restart the computer (eye roll), 'clear' their lines, and the speed would go up to 12 mbps. Immediately after ending the call the speed would be back down to less than 1. This happened twice in one day while only trying to use one device. Imagine a regular day when my husband is streaming Netflix, my daughter is gaming, and I'm listening to Pandora. I called to cancel, the process took 15 mins and I was initially told my monthly charge wouldn't be refunded although she eventually agreed to refund the $32.37. I'm still out the $69.99 install fee for a service I had for about a week and was abysmal the entire time, plus the time dealing with the install and customer service. At no time was the sales rep upfront about the actual speed I would get or that this would be using AT&T DSL lines (which I had tried before and knew was very slow) and gave me misinformation on top of that (I'll never see the refund for the difference in price on the install fee I was quoted). If anyone out there is thinking about using Earthlink--DON'T DO IT!

emm27
March 4th, 2010

MISLEADING! They offer to help you get a "professional" website up and running, built to "your specifications" and instead, they put together something that looks elementary at best, and do not even bother to follow the guidelines you laid out or even bother to make sure the information is correct! They even went as far as to put up a fraudulent "customer accolades" page with made up comments on it! And when I went back to them after this initial site was developed, per their request, with corrections that needed to be made, they showed me how I can change them! They published it with incorrect, incomplete, and fraudulent information and would not even unpublish it, let alone correct it! I had to take time (immediately) from my busy schedule to unpublish it to avoid embarrassment for our little company at a very important time for us. I feel completely ripped off! Know what you are getting yourself into here and don't expect much.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Earthlink staff and other customers.

EarthLink is a leading Internet Service provider, offering reliable high-speed internet, safe and affordable. No matter the usage or device, we have you covered. Find the service right for you. Earthlink offers all internet services you need, none of t...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Earthlink?

Have a question about Earthlink?