musicMagpie

musicMagpie has a consumer rating of 1.14 stars from 129 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about musicMagpie most frequently mention customer service, royal mail and good condition problems. musicMagpie ranks 43rd among Sell Cell Phone sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 4.4%

No positive highlights yet

• Sent them an Xbox and I phone they were in good condition.
  • Accepted it and was sent a barcode to get scanned at post office.
How would you rate musicMagpie?

“Great”

Stephen F.
12/5/21

I was surprised to see so many negative reviews for MusicMagpie.co.uk. I've never sold to MM, only bought DVDs and CDs over the past couple of years and they have been fine. Any faulty discs were either refunded or replaced promptly. I personally can't fault them at all when it comes to buying media from them.

“Jokers”

Mark W.
5/5/21

Sent an iPad Pro to these people in perfect condition which I used everyday watching films, sports with no problems at all. Got a message today saying they're revising the offer to £35 from £380 as the LCD didn't pass! They're having a laugh as far as I'm concerned and trying to rip me off. Mine was personalized so let's see if I get my original back! Never trust these people, it feels like I'm being mugged!

phone (26) post office (3)
markw2071
May 5th, 2021

Be wary of over inflated prices to entice you…

Electronic

menchur
December 30th, 2021

Never again buy anything from this company. I bought a iPhone 8 refurbished from them and after 2 months the phone don't work, when I make calls to people and cannot hear me and when I receive call the same problem, very slow and long time to response. I paid 179 pounds for this rubbish phone, they don't want to refund my money but fix the phone, or send me another probably as bad as this one. Avoid to buy from this company.

Don’t buy from them

Iphone

zs36
October 9th, 2021

I bought a 128GB iPhone 11 from musicMagpie in "pristine condition" priced £440.99 (with 10% off from £489.99 originally). This price is very close to the current Amazon/Apple price of the exact same phone at £539.00 BRAND NEW. The reason I didn't order it from Amazon/Apple was because you have to wait 1-2 months for delivery. I expected the phone from musicMagpie at that price to be hardly used and like new - not the case! Although the phone looked in good condition (though you could definitely see some signs of use), upon further inspection I realised it was two years old already (so one of the first released in September 2019) and the battery health was down to 85% so it must have seen some heavy use. By comparison, my teenage son's one-year-old iPhone 11 is still on 100% battery life with regular daily use! Very disappointing. A heavily used second hand phone should be no more than 50% of the price of a new device - and even then I think you're better off getting a new one, considering the resale value. Reading the reviews on TrustPilot (all glowing) makes me wonder whether they pay them to remove the negative reviews, or perhaps I was just unlucky. In any case, I sent the phone back and I'm now waiting to get my money back. I've already ordered a new one from Amazon - with interest free monthly payments - a much better deal. I mean it's a no brainer, really. MusicMagpie should be more transparent about the history of the devices they are selling and when they call something "pristine" it should relate to the usage as well not just the cosmetic appearance of the device and price them accordingly. Do your own market research so you don't get ripped off!

The Return button on the website didn't work and they don't have direct contact information - you have to go through a robot to communicate with them - eventually you will end up with customer services but it takes time, 2-3 days! So if you want to return an item , do it as soon as possible because you only have 14 days and the delays add up very quickly.

iPhone 11 128GB

sophiek59
April 25th, 2021

Sent a phone in that was in complete working order without a scratch on it, one I had been using myself up until a brought a new one. Once Music magpie received the phone they dropped the offer price down from £60 to £18. I've declined the ‘offer' as I'd rather give the phone to a charity but am genuinely concerned if I'll even receive the same phone back.
Feels like a scam.

deborahe504
June 21st, 2021

Tried reducing an original offer of £400 to £40 because our Ipad Pro was "bent beyond repair". Absolute b. S., there wasn't a thing wrong with it but I've seen so many reviews of them trying this trick. They then attempted to get our review taken down from another site because I didn't include our order number. Because they can't post the one 1-star reviews amongst the 4 and 5* reviews they put on their website to lure people in. And who knows how much £££ in accessories they're pilfering from people by not returning them if they decline the second offer. Absolute scam.

chrisg1073
November 14th, 2020

I went through the gag of listing 93 films, 52 blue ray and 41 dvd, they offered me a staggering £12 for the lot, i was gobsmacked as market value when new was close to £900, clearly I won't get anywhere near that but 12 quid is taking the jimmy riddle! Cash converters give u 50p (ish) per disc so that's where I'm off too, bun you music magpie!

davem1040
June 10th, 2021

I found a copy of the exorcist 3, collectors edition on music magpie. I was delighted! Been looking for ages for this version! However, neither of the two discs worked in either of my players. I returned the FAULTY goods as asked, paid for postage, but still no refund. I've sent dozens of messages now. All they say is "take it up with eBay". Will never use them again! All for the sake of a ten pound dvd. Absolutely rubbish service. 1 out 10 from me.

Don't bother!

stephenf739
December 5th, 2021

Purchased DVDs and CDs

bramleyc
September 25th, 2020

I had two Apple iPods which I bought to store pop and classical music on. They weren't like the old iPods as music storage was limited because of camera space etc. The iPods were as new as I'd never really used them and they were housed in leather cases. I entered the details online and was offered £55 each. I sent one away and on receipt they emailed me to say they were only prepared to pay me £40 each. So I asked for a return which duly arrived but without the leather case! I would never deal with such shysters!

kiranb15
June 17th, 2020

I sent in a perfectly functioning phone and I was quoted £340 this was then reduced to £90 as the phone was supposedly faulty and there was a crack on the screen causing dead spots. As you can see that is not the case. This company is good at quoting high prices to lure you in then drastically reduce the price for no valid reason. They also seem to have fake positive reviews on trust pilot they also flag all the negative reviews so that they disappear. Find a more trustworthy company to sell your goods!

adamt636
January 8th, 2022

Sent an excellent condition IPhone XR 128GB, literally has a few tiny scratches on the bottom near the charge port, they quoted me £175, got an Email today saying they've revised the offer to £52 as it passed everything except front microphone not working properly!?
Funny that as it worked perfectly fine when I last used it a few months ago.
The microphone must have stopped working over these last few months, you know while the phones been sitting in a bubble wrapped envelope in my bed site table because I forgot about it.
Shame as iv always had a good experience buying from them.

Not Applicable

lizs219
May 10th, 2020

I sent 200 cds that I had checked for quality & made sure had clean uncracked cases with paper inlays, all intact, off 2 music magpie. After a wait of several days they rejected very, very many as damaged. In fact, some were new & had not been played. Explain that. I felt as if someone had broken into my home & stolen them. Worst thing was I was going to give a donation to my friend's dog rescue charity... fat chance. DON'T USE MUSIC MAGPIE

jamest1615
February 18th, 2021

I went to sell my iPad on music magpie and they offered £302.50 for it in good condition. I sent my iPad to them and it was in excellent condition, and they said that the torch light didn't work and there was water marks on it. They then changed the price to £55 which is an absolute joke so I got the iPad back and refused it. I got it back gone and checked it straight away, there was no watermarks and the torch worked fine. Shows that they are total liars!

Don’t use this site, they are liars

iPad

ewang14
October 9th, 2020

Tried to sell my mobile device to this company they offered £150 which I thought fair enough couple of light scratches on the screen apart from that device in perfect condition. Musicmagpie receive device new offer of £30 said there is detection of burn on the screen hahaha not a chance stay well clear just wanting everything for nothing! Ps only reason they got 1 star is because you can`t give them no stars

christopherc910
February 12th, 2020

Living proof of the sharp practice at Music Magpie when selling your phone. Reduced offer from £75 to £7 due to phone being severely damaged etc'. Declined the offer. Received phone back today after kicking off. Arrived back as pristine as when I sent it, box intact etc. Nice try! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

mickr35
October 22nd, 2020

Sent my wife's Samsung S9 to these jokers as I was offered £140. Surprise surprise, just like many of the other decent folk on here we were offered a reduced cost of £30 as they said the phone has LCD and pixel issues.
The phone is in mint condition - we obviously declined the offer and just hope we get the correct phone back from them. Shocking that Trustpilot rate them highly - pity I found this website too late.

donnaw1132
March 6th, 2021

Send my iPhone 7 to them and they quoted £85 but then got a email saying the screen is cracked and offered me £25.50,, there was nothing wrong with the phone as I took pictures of the phone before I sent it,, I asked music magpie to send me pictures of the supposed crack they did and it doesn't match nothing on the pictures they sent me. So will be finding out wat I can do about them,, I should of never of sent it to them as wat they done b4 I though it was just me,, I'm a idiot in trusting them

Avoid

stephend22
October 12th, 2020

Horrible!
Have bought various times over the years (lured back only due to price or if they are the only ones selling a book at a reasonable price) but what was once fine standard wise has gone downhill in every way...
Items nearly always arrived damaged & NOT as described & to make matters WORSE, 'customer service staff' are dismissive & will at BEST offer only a fixed 5 pound refund or push to send the item back (even if postage puts you out double or more to do).
Points/facts raised will NOT be considered or addressed.
Horrendous all in all & can't say i'll ever use them again.

buy elsewhere!!

books

andrewr1183
June 25th, 2021

Absolutely disgusting from Music Magpie.
Raised 3 complaints now none of which responded to appropriately. Payment allegedly issued, not received informed that it was issued incorrectly and must wait further 24 hours for reissue. £1000 phone sent in with value of trade at £610 absolutely fine with the valuation and amount perfect, but now refusing to pay me. I will be escalating to trading standards and the police due to the stress caused by the process spent days on the chat to get answers all I want is the money I was assured for the product they now have ownership of!

tonyd746
October 18th, 2021

Sold them Cds, Dads, Books via Royal Mail. Got confirmation via email and app that they received them. Heard nothing for a couple of days, emailed them and asked them what's going on. They claim they not received items so I look on there website to see if you can buy the rare ones they would never get everyday I sold them and surprise surprise they are on there, whole list of them. Emailed them about this and not heard anything since. So basically they've stolen £100 worth of items from me.

Don't use them

N/A

clarer70
October 22nd, 2021

Don't use this lot for anything as it's a simple scam. They are the Webuyanycar of the tech world. Offer a great price then offer an insulting price when they have the item. In my case a MacBook that they valued at £330 and then reduced to £60 as it had screen peel. Well not on the high res image I took on the morning I boxed it up. I'll be interested to see how quickly it is returned and in what condition before I take them to the small claims court.

terenceo19
November 18th, 2020

I bought a last week for my daughters 11th birthday and is supposed to be locked to EE, unfortunately when she tried to put her SIM card in it was rejected as the phone is locked to another network. I just want a replacement sent to my daughters house and you can pick up the other phone at the same time. It's been days now and your phone line doesn't work and reply's on emails seem to be incredibly slow. Maybe some kind of discount or compensation is in order too. The main thing is my daughter gets her birthday present I paid for In good faith! Complaint-Reference-MC2607449 R

paulv493
January 30th, 2021

Promised payment, now there's ‘a delay'. Item received by them 05/01/20 according to Royal Mail tracking. Music Magpie then ‘lost it'. Payment promised one week ago and since then there have been various excuses and no payment made. Last promised payment date was Thursday 28/01/20, no payment received and when chased was advised yesterday (29/01) there was ‘a delay'.

This is not how a reputable company behaves. Think carefully before you use them. I certainly will never use them again and won't recommend them to anyone.

Customer Service is almost non-existent, you will vibe constantly chasing them for information, so save yourself the grief.

I have to keep fighting to get what I owed, you don't have to by avoiding MusicMagpie at all costs.

samreens4
May 22nd, 2021

Sell ambiguous phones and sugarcoat them as ‘good' condition. Would think twice before parting with your hard earned cash!
Also a considerable jump in price for buying and selling, it's day light robbery.

Be extra careful. Avoid like the plague.

Phone

cm779
October 3rd, 2020

First time using musicMagpie. I purchased an 'unlocked' iPhone for my secretary which I needed up and running as soon as possible. The item that arrived was locked to the EE network; I had already purchased a SIM only deal withThree. I didn't read reviews of musicMagpie before ordering from them, which is unusual for me, but boy do I wish I had. They are clearly charlatans. I'd just avoid them altogether and shop on eBay, which I've done many times before for similar items and never had nay problems.

When purchasing through their eBay shop they always claim games are • Expertly refurbished • Complete • Not scratched • Undamaged •No art/inlay faults Reality is your lucky if they are! Discs are mostly good but it's the rest like not being complete, damaged/torn inlays, damaged manual (if it's not missing) and water damage etc. They have sent me rubbish very often without any care. They do offer return/refund and do send a printable postage paid parcel label, but personally I don't have a printer and live not very close to the post office. This means every time I do a return, I have to travel (costing me) and also pay to get the label printed (costing me again). Then I end up with nothing, no game I waited for, my time wasted and me losing money. When the likelihood of needing to return is so high each time due to their unreliability and shoddy quality it all adds up to a right pain in a***!

By Mike K.