We’re in this together! Stay safe with our COVID-19 guide

View
×

GroveandDean

GroveandDean has a consumer rating of 1.73 stars from 11 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. GroveandDean ranks 61st among Home Insurance sites.

How would you rate GroveandDean?

“Great value for money and service”

Sherrie M.
2/18/20

When looking to renew my home insurance Grove and Dean came up as cheapest and was more than several hundred pounds cheaper than my current provider. I then looked into what it covered expecting it to cover less when in fact it covered more. The service was quick and everything was confirmed within minutes. Would definitely use again.

“Absolute con artists”

Paul C.
8/16/20

Grove and dean cancelled my van insurance without informing me one week after setting it up. They accepted my first months payment then cancelled on the grounds that I had also searched for a quote on my old address and they saw this as possible fraud! Then tried to sell me a new policy at 3 times the price. Now my insurance is ridiculously high for the next 7 years due to their fraudulent cancellation! Utter scumbags avoid like the plague

sherriem49
February 18th, 2020

anils39
March 20th, 2019

Thank you Amber Smith for dealing with my home & contents cover saving me £160 on my renewal quote from Debenhams,,

paulc1381
August 16th, 2020

iainc11
February 20th, 2020

Where to begin with this tin pot company they make rules up as they go along they don't know there arse from there elbow! Let's put it one way I'm going to name and shame this outfit currently going through the ombudsman all the positive reviews you see are staff reviews FAKE free advice too good to be true move to a reputable insurance company

timj208
February 20th, 2020

I cancelled after a week. They're quick to take your money then keep £95 for admin and 'time of risk'. Avoid this company. I've complained to the Financial Ombudsman.

catherinef282
June 4th, 2021

I selected and paid for a home insurance policy with Grove & Dean via a comparison site. Within a couple of minutes, a staff member called to go through the details. Concerning lodgers, I confirmed that I often have a lodger (as included in my details), but explained that at this precise moment in time, I am between lodgers. Because I currently don't have a lodger in situ, the price increased by around £200! Obviously, I opted not to proceed. This was in fact a different policy (this company is a broker, not an insurance company). For this, I was charged a £35 cancellation fee - for a product I had selected five minutes earlier, in good faith, until Grove & Dean moved the goal posts. I am disgusted and upset at this dishonest approach, fleecing customers at a difficult time when people are struggling during the pandemic. Another staff member then called me, and I requested that he register a note of my upset at this situation. This man barked at me, barely taking a breath, in a rude, condescending, aggressive, patronising and obnoxious manner. Shaken up by this aggressive encounter, I retreated. However, I am now warning friends, family and social media followers to avoid this horrible company, which misleads customers to take their money and employs obnoxious staff. As a freelance magazine journalist working on consumer/homes titles and newspaper supplements, I will also be looking out for opportunities to publicise the way this company treats people.

Avoid them.

I did not proceed with the insurance policy.

leeb593
July 9th, 2020

I was insured with Grove and Dean and on 7th June, bringing my father home from hospital, was stopped by police, who told me I was not insured and my van was impounded. Apparently they had cancelled my insurance, I pay monthly, but didn't tell me. Now I'm waiting for a prosecution from the police and insurance has rocketed
Steer clear of this firm

darrenb472
August 12th, 2020

They give me a price on line which you paid in full, then called asking loads of other questions trying to increase the premium when I explained why the vehicle was not being used as a commercial vehicle they then went on to something else and found an error on the application regarding purchase date, that was all they needed to put the policy up nearly another £100 I explained the reason and asked to speak to the manager who constantly talked over me, he said he would refund my money minus £55 (less than 12 hours on cover) the amount he said he would Only £536 for the policy when in fact it was over £630 knocking almost another additional £100 off so in total (£155 for 12 hours cover) I said that was wrong and after a further 2 times stating that was the figure I paid he can back and said he had made the mistake.
At this point with no apology they terminated my policy without my consent and still charged me.
Bearing in mind I had informed the caller I was driving to a family appointment the way they conducted the call was very unhelpful and now extremely stressed (whilst driving) and late for the appointment (which when I arrived I was informed the family member had been told it was terminal leukaemia)
The company will happily take your and will do everything in the power to increase premiums when you don't accept it they will just cancel your policy and charge you.

brettg41
September 18th, 2019

Terrible customer service. They'd take the last £5 off a pensioner if they got the chance.
There's loads of fantastic insurance companies out there who bend over backwards to help you... sadly Grove and Dean are definitely not one of those.

dek3
November 7th, 2015

Through circumstances (I seem to get myself into) I find myself stuck with Grove and Dean Insurance until next November 2016. I am counting the days! Due to purchasing a new scooter and having to insure it as well as my old one in a hurry (within a day to secure purchase of the new one) I was sort of forced through ease of extending my policy and swapping no claims around with Grove and Dean who I have been with since about June. My reviews regarding my experience then are well noted (900 views plus). Well it seems that things don't change quick in the world of Grove and Dean. A week on and I am still being hassled by phone, text and email for proof of driving licence (even though I was still insured with them) and proof of ID etc... I know that their game is to find a mistake and scam £50 from having to make a policy change. As before, twice shy, stay away for a harassment free life...

rt67
November 2nd, 2016

Without doubt the worst company i have delt with. They will take extra money without authorisation and refuse to return!
Had to to go the Obudsman to get matter resolved

Keep clear

Questions? Get answers from the GroveandDean staff and other customers.

Grove & Dean Private Clients are one of the UK's leading independent insurance brokers. We offer online quotes for car insurance, home insurance, van insurance and motorhome insurance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GroveandDean?

Have a question about GroveandDean?