House of Fraser

Reviews.io

House of Fraser has a consumer rating of 1.25 stars from 116 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about House of Fraser most frequently mention customer service, faulty item and next day problems.House of Fraser ranks 82nd among Department Store sites.

No positive highlights yet

• For something that was their mistake in the first place the customer service is appalling!
How would you rate House of Fraser?

“Everything perfect”

Valentina F.
5/7/20

I never write reviews but i have to, cause i saw a lot of bad ones and to be honest i was vey scared, but i ordered two items yesterday and i choose the next day delivery and it came now at 9:45, i received from them 3 emails in time, and the items looks perfect. They give a hanger with the t shirt i ordered from the same brand. I will order more in future. Thank you HOF.

“Worst delivery service ever”

Kate H.
3/24/22

Placed order 9/3/22 Paid £12 for international shipping. This is now 25/3/22 the order is apparently still at Heathrow Airport. House of Fraser rep and Asendia uninterested and dissmissive. Worst international delivery from UK vendor to date. Wish I had read other reviews before ordering.

customer service (43)
suei55
May 3rd, 2022

As the House of Fraser was closing down in Leamington, they refused to give me a refund. I had to have a voucher instead. When I tried to spend it few weeks later in Solihull, they said it has been spent already. The company gave the same refund code to more than one customer. No customer service at all. They basically stole my money. I feel hurt and lied to. Thieves

angelat1184
May 4th, 2022

I bought various items from here and decided I didn't want one of them I was given a piece of paper saying refund with credit note in small letters when I tried to use the refund note I was told I should have had another piece of paper which I was not given they would not let me use it therefore I lost all of my money terrible service

summerc109
June 18th, 2022

"Hello, today I had a very bad experience in the Norwich branch. I was choosing a lipstick (in the sale area) and found one I liked the name of, but I couldn't see the colour since the box is gold only. There wasn't a tester out with the same lipstick colour. I opened the box - only to check the colour (I didn't open it or test it). The brunette woman in the photo attached appeared and started shouting at me. She didn't offer any help, or ask if I needed any help (which I did) then walked away abruptly and carried on gossiping with her colleague, leaning on the counter. First of all, I would of never had to open the box if there was a correct tester for it, secondly, she could of offered some form of help (since that's her job), and of course could of spoken in a different tone. I haven't received his kind of customer service before in your shop, it was very unprofessional and uncomfortable. I did purchase the lipstick since it was a great deal, but after that experience I decided to get the rest of my beauty products that were on my list to buy today in John Lewis instead.

kateh457
March 24th, 2022

Placed order 9/3/22
Paid £12 for international shipping.
This is now 25/3/22 the order is apparently still at Heathrow Airport.
House of Fraser rep and Asendia uninterested and dissmissive.
Worst international delivery from UK vendor to date.
Wish I had read other reviews before ordering.

Do not bother

gordonk237
May 30th, 2022

Please Avoid At All Costs. Shambolic Customer Services. Impossible To Contact A Human. All You Get Is A Generic Email Address Which Gives You An Automatic Response. And When You Do Get A Response It Is Utter Nonesense. I Was Told That There Was No Account Registered To My Email Address, Really. The Same Email Address A Confirmation Of My Order Was Sent To. Avoid This Company. The Products Are Good. The Prices Are Good. But They Do Not Care About. Customer Services

jessm266
May 24th, 2022

I returned a bag in April to house of Fraser as it came and it was quite a bit bigger than I thought it would be, I returned it 6 days after it arrived!
The package came with no instructions on how to send back but luckily I know someone who works for them so I asked advice on how to return and used the online help chat!
I secured and sent the parcel via the post office (which I had to pay for myself) and made sure to put in the order number, R number and reason for sending back,
6 weeks later I still have no refund not so much as an apology and the company have given zero help telling me it's not their problem (they said I should have tracked it) - if the parcel came with the correct return information maybe it would have stated it need tracking but I was unaware and have never had to pay for a return before never mind pay for tracking on top! Will not be purchasing from your company ever again

likhitham1
May 9th, 2022

I bought something and am unable to cancel the order or return it. There is customer service on the website only chat is available and they are miserable not helpful. Mistakenly the postcode provided is wrong and am unable to cancel or change the address. Customer service told me we can't help

Clothes and toys and watch

ullahk
June 5th, 2022

Become a complete joke since sport direct took over, half my order was missing and it was not shipped separately. Then they say they look into it and never get back to me again,

dont but from house of frasier or usc,

t shirt

tamarag1
July 22nd, 2013

I do like this website.
I recently ordered a Paperdolls floral dress from their website and had it delivered here. The shipping fee of 10 pounds (for delivery from UK to Singapore) was a little expensive considering that many international clothing sites (e.g. ShopBop) that I've ordered from will provide free international shipping with a minimum purchase. ShopBop's intl shipping was free and faster and also had tracking information, unlike House of Fraser.

Nonetheless, my clothing arrived within 10 days as promised. I'm happy with that. :) The dress is lovely, and at 60 pounds it's a bargain.

What annoyed me was that I wrote a great review for the dress, and the website told me it was rejected as it 'didn't meet their review guidelines'. I said really good things about the dress! So I know that the reason it was rejected was I said the dress was very similar to a dress from the Dolce and Gabbana 2013 collection. That's the whole reason I bought it, as that D&G dress was sold out. House of Fraser must be scared that people will think the dress is basically a designer knock-off, which it WAS. U can even email me and i'll show u pics of the 2 dresses, lol.

iwonar2
March 14th, 2022

Be warned: they don't refund your money. I've been waiting since 28.01.2022 for refund and am still told they are looking for my return in warehouse! I have return correctly, have tracking. My retern is lost in House of Fraser warehouse!

Be warned: they don't refund your money. I've been waiting since 1/28 for refund and am still told they are looking for my return in warehouse!

dress

grahamc191
May 1st, 2022

I've placed and paid for two Express next day deliveries both of which haven't been delivered. One is now 8 days overdue and the other is apparently "late". Their customer service is pretty useless and doesn't seem to care. Won't be ordering again

sergium4
March 5th, 2022

I bought from them and next day I got empty boxes. Customer service team very unhelpful! They said they check the weight at the time of sending and everything was fine!

Ask for delivery at your nearest retail store!

nb290
March 22nd, 2022

The most horrible customer care ever.
While ago received shoes, that looked used. The offered me a refund but I never received because they said I did not contact them in time and should have contacted them on different channels. I have contacted them many times by mail and chat. And 90% of the times I did not receive a mail back. After a while I only receive a mail that the case is closed. The chat agents aren't helpful as well, they keep repeating the same thing, that I should've contacted them sooner (while I did) and telling me the time frame passed in which it could be solved, while it is their fault.

Don't order at all

Nothing

aldonak
January 28th, 2022

Do not buy from here! Terrible customer services, faulty goods and return/exchange policy is shocking. Please save yourself some time and money and go elsewhere

sebr14
January 15th, 2022

Awful & The Worst Customer Service Ever! AVOID!

They should be given 0 (zero) star!

Avoid HOF at all cost. Ordered a couple of items before Christmas, received one wrong item and one damaged / used - absolutely disgusting! Customer service is Non-Existent. No replies, unable to talk to anyone. Items sent back but still no refund. Will never buy anything from them again!

suffyaana
April 28th, 2022

As a online clothing store. Free refunds are a must, When ordering clothes that you are unsure of what size will fit, free refunds make it easy to purchase with ease as all other clothing sites provide. There is also no option to cancel an order. The customer support is as useful as a brickwall

peterk1276
February 25th, 2022

Next day delivery!
It would help if items you ordered turned up for the next day delivery I paid for.
But all good as far nice people at House of Fraser are concerned they just refunded me the whole £3 a week later that I have already paid extra to compensate me for any inconvenience and service not provided! The reason I paid extra on my delivery order was I actually wanted it for the next day! This is now the second time this as happened, so needless to say I wont use them again!
No apology just said they would refund £3! I had just spent over £150 with you and that is the thanks you get!
As said in other reviews avoid at all costs and hopefully they will find themselves in a similar predicament to the Top Shops etc of this world!

mariusg14
April 7th, 2021

I have ordered a pare or trainers that costs 159 pounds. Besides the fact that, they arrived faulty in 3 places I have returned them and expected a full refund. That didn't happen! Using pay pall pay in 3 the first payment was for 56 pounds, but they returned 46.34 pounds! I have to chase after my own money! Why is that? Low esteem company with no bright future!

carolb2106
July 4th, 2021

Avoid this company for any items that need to be tried on for size. Their returns policy is appalling and loaded to deter anyone from returning something that doesn't fit. A pair of £15 canvas shoes cost £4.99 whether they were delivered or click and collect. When they were too large I discovered I would bear the return postage cost and had to post them in the shoebox! What a swindle! What appalling customer service! Avoid!

Don’t buy from House of Fraser online

davidc5770
January 29th, 2022

Bought boots online as present, didn't fit and could only get refund by paying to post back, if returned to store they would only give credit note, same as Sports Direct! Not good for a higher end retailer, Mike Ashleigh really wants to keep your money by making it as hard as possible to get a refund!

None

jonathann235
November 26th, 2021

Paid £112 (plus postage) for some sale shoes. Then I got the shoes and they have a £95 tag on them! I don't think HoF should be charging more online than in the shops, on principle. It may 'only' be 17 pounds, but I think that's a lot (and that's excluding the £5 postage charge).

No idea how often this may happen on other purchase, and what the price difference may be on those - so I'd just say be wary of buying anything online from HoF...

(Btw I did email HoF customer services a while before posting this, to get an explanation, and heard nothing back at all)

Look out for incorrect discounts!

debc100
October 9th, 2018

Ordering on line is still a bit delayed with delivery and no explanation why. But at least it arrived couple of days later. If you require an item by certain date I'm not sure I would risk ordering on line.

annev73
February 9th, 2020

I bought 2 dinner services for nearly £300 before Christmas. The crockery arrived smashed. I was expected to get the 15kg 3'x3'x4' soaking wet box to the Post Office. I'm disabled and use a wheelchair. They didn't care. My carer helped me return the box. I still don't have my money back. I survive on disability benefits, £300 is a huge sum of money to me. Rent is now hard to pay for and I'm living on soup. They don't care. Don't give them any money, shop elsewhere, anywhere else.

ianm616
July 20th, 2021

Bought a product advertised as Eau de Toilette for £52 only to find it is after shave. The product page clearly says Eau de Toilette however they dispute it as the product code on the box is correct and matches the product code on their website. Basically it's my fault as I read the english description and didn't know the product codes were wrong. The WORST customer service, still not resolved

larisap16
November 19th, 2021

I received 21 letters from Matthew from the senior advisor! 2 months of correspondence! Are you seriously? Return my money! I paid for express delivery, this product is no longer relevant to me.

This is a lottery, they just do not send the goods and do not return the money.

I was not sent the paid item. Return my money!

Question:

How easy is it to get a hold of customer service at house of fraser?

I received 21 letters from Matthew from the senior advisor! 2 months of correspondence! I paid for express delivery. They just do not send the goods and do not return the money.

By Larisa P.